Name the song and artist

RodeoJake

Reaction score
This is probably a toughie. Hint think former World Champion Bronc rider and a heck of a country singer.

Well I took a chew just the other night
It made me feel just fine
I grabbed my honey baby and I pinched her ol' behind
She said you better spit out that chewing terbaccer
If you wanna kiss me on the big ol' smacker

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is probably a toughie. Hint think former World Champion Bronc rider and a heck of a country singer.

Well I took a chew just the other night
It made me feel just fine
I grabbed my honey baby and I pinched her ol' behind
She said you better spit out that chewing terbaccer
If you wanna kiss me on the big ol' smacker
Well, I assume it's Chris Ledoux, but I don't know a single song of his.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I gotta tell y'all, doing this while you're listening to Sirius/XM makes it a lot harder! You get melodies stuck in your head.
That's why I was trying my hardest to use inflections/emphasis in my verses. To try to recreate the intonations as it is being read.

this thread is a challenge -- despite being pretty well versed -- as I'm sure most of us in here are, across all genres. I think most would agree.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RodeoJake - this one was written by my favorite singer/songwriter, but the more known version was done by another singer. It's more folk/C&W so it may be up to you to answer, although this particular song may not be that difficult for some others to get. Extra points if you know the songwriter.

He's a drifter, and a driller of oil wells
He's an old school man of the world

RodeoJake

Reaction score
RodeoJake - this one was written by my favorite singer/songwriter, but the more known version was done by another singer. It's more folk/C&W so it may be up to you to answer, although this particular song may not be that difficult for some others to get. Extra points if you know the songwriter.

I'm thinking David Allan Coe but the song name escapes me.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Hint: Jerry Jeff Walker sang the more known version of the song.

Going once ......
Going twice ......

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Going once ......
Going twice ......

Desperados Waiting for a Train. Written by Guy Clark and recorded by Jerry Jeff Walker on his Viva Terlingua album. Years later was a hit song for the Highwaymen (Waylon, Willie, Cash and Kristofferson). It is an autobiographical story for Clark.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Desperados Waiting for a Train. Written by Guy Clark and recorded by Jerry Jeff Walker on his Viva Terlingua album. Years later was a hit song for the Highwaymen (Waylon, Willie, Cash and Kristofferson). It is an autobiographical story for Clark.

Aside from Jaded Lover and Up Against the Wall, Redneck Mother, I'm not up on ol barefoot Jerry. He did do a live set with Ledoux, though.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
That's why I was trying my hardest to use inflections/emphasis in my verses. To try to recreate the intonations as it is being read.

this thread is a challenge -- despite being pretty well versed -- as I'm sure most of us in here are, across all genres. I think most would agree.
:flagwave: