Names in FA I'd love to see us get

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Alexander said:
I mean seriously, who was watching Jaguar games this year and said "Akin Ayodele. Now THAT'S a player we need!"

Akin's kin in Dallas. They all post here. :D

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Alexander said:
Almost like some looked at a free agent list, heard he was from Dallas, thinks he'd be cheap and said "how about him?".

I mean seriously, who was watching Jaguar games this year and said "Akin Ayodele. Now THAT'S a player we need!"

The way folks were talking about him, I thought he'd be this year's version of Adalius Thomas.

Then I actually looked the guy up. Thomas fits the a 3-4 (he's 270). Ayodele is 10lbs lighter than Ware -- who everyone says needs to get in the weight room. How is this guy an upgrade over Fujita?

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
I think we should give him a 2nd look, after all it wouldn't hurt having him here an entire preseason so he could get more reps and playing time. It was hard for him to 'fit in' given the fact he signed here after the season started last year. Bledstud just didn't have enough time to rekindle their rapport they had in buffalo. It still sucks that Donahoe had to trade him after Drew turned him into a superstar overnight!:mad:

And I still think it was a BIG mistake to release him here. It was only a matter of time before Bledstud would have found him regluarly and utilized him as a dangerous downfield weapon. He was making progress, especially in the MNF at Philly. Blame Sean Payton for screwing up the Price situation. :mad:

Or it might just be a fact that this guy really isn't that great. He had ONE, count it ONE, good season in Buffalo. THat's it.

I don't think it had anythng to do with him not being in touch with "Bledstud", I think he just isn't that good.

He had ample opportunity, especially when Crayton went down, and still did nothing. He had 1 big catch against Philly.

mschmidt64

Reaction score
We should sign:

OG LeCharles Bentley, Saints
OT Tom Ashworth, Pats
WR David Givens, Pats
LB Ben Leber, Chargers
FS Chris Hope, Steelers
K Matt Bryant, Bucs

Bring that haul in and we can take whoever the frick we want in the draft.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
mschmidt64 said:
We should sign:

OG LeCharles Bentley, Saints
OT Tom Ashworth, Pats
WR David Givens, Pats
LB Ben Leber, Chargers
FS Chris Hope, Steelers
K Matt Bryant, Bucs

Bring that haul in and we can take whoever the frick we want in the draft.

Oh is that all?:rolleyes:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Wish list (even though we can't afford it) ...

FS - Chris Hope
K - Adam Viniateri
OLB - Julian Peterson
C - LeCharles Bentley

AbeBeta

Reaction score
mschmidt64 said:
Yep.

Load up.

Super Bowl run.

and years of cap hell after that. do you really want to spend another decade watching 5-11 seasons?

Alexander

Reaction score
abersonc said:
and years of cap hell after that. do you really want to spend another decade watching 5-11 seasons?

I doubt it would lead to cap hell.

It is just rare you see any team be able to sign six top shelf free agents like that.

We would be fortunate to land three to four. It isn't just the money, but other factors, like the player may not want to play here, may prefer another team and so on.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
blindzebra said:
OT: Tom Ashworth NE, young guy that can play either side. Or,
Jordan Black KC, ditto.

ILB: Sam Cowart MIN, vet with 3-4 experience. Or,

Ben Taylor CLE, young guy with 113 tackles last season.

FS: Corey Chavous MIN, heady vet that can play the ball.

K: Mike Vanderjagt IND.

Nice list Z.

Guys that we have a realistic shot at.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Alexander said:
Aside from the fact Ayodele is from Dallas, why is everyone so in love with him? I really don't get it.

I agree with that view-point.

ddh33

Reaction score
In free agency, I think you need to be solid and efficient.

Matt Bryant at kicker.
Marcus Coleman at free saftey. I like him as a stop gap, and he knows the system. I really like Marlon McCree too, but I think Carolina will try hard to keep him.
I would like an experienced ILB, but I wouldn't break the bank. Sam Cowart is getting some love here lately. Even a guy like Orlando Ruff might be able to do the job.
I would have my fingers crossed for Jason Fabini being released by the Jets, but Tom Ashworth and Kevin Barry would have my attention.

If you can get that in free agency, then in the draft you concentrate on getting a playmaker to play opposite Ware, a receiver to develop, some more OL help, and maybe even a young DT and TE.

demdcowboys#1

Reaction score
100% agreed I love all of these FA's. They would turn this 9-7 ball club into a championship caliber club!!!!!!

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I refuse to go along with any free agency list that doesn't have LeCharles Bentley at the top. :)

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ddh33 said:
In free agency, I think you need to be solid and efficient.

Matt Bryant at kicker.
Marcus Coleman at free saftey. I like him as a stop gap, and he knows the system. I really like Marlon McCree too, but I think Carolina will try hard to keep him.
I would like an experienced ILB, but I wouldn't break the bank. Sam Cowart is getting some love here lately. Even a guy like Orlando Ruff might be able to do the job.
I would have my fingers crossed for Jason Fabini being released by the Jets, but Tom Ashworth and Kevin Barry would have my attention.

If you can get that in free agency, then in the draft you concentrate on getting a playmaker to play opposite Ware, a receiver to develop, some more OL help, and maybe even a young DT and TE.

Now, there's a realistic list I can be behind. Get rid of Cowart, and this is the kind of FA activity I'm expecting.

Alexander

Reaction score
Idgit said:
Now, there's a realistic list I can be behind. Get rid of Cowart, and this is the kind of FA activity I'm expecting.

That's how I feel as well. Anyone expecting LeCharles Bentley, Mike Vanderjagt, David Givens and Steve Hutchinson is simply kidding themselves and setting themselves up for a bitter disappointment.

We will get one or two higher profile players and then whatever veterans shake loose, like Coleman.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
OT: Tom Ashworth NE, young guy that can play either side. Or,
Jordan Black KC, ditto.

ILB: Sam Cowart MIN, vet with 3-4 experience. Or,

Ben Taylor CLE, young guy with 113 tackles last season.

FS: Corey Chavous MIN, heady vet that can play the ball.

K: Mike Vanderjagt IND.

If that happens who do you go after in the Draft?

I'd like to see Vinaterie Kicker for NewEngland he is a free agent and he's the best.

Also DT Grady Jackson, especially if we lose Glover, he is a legit 3/4 Nose Tackle. Or we could go after a guy like Gabe Watson who could fall in the Draft, 2nd round pick?

At Saftey ex-Jet, Coleman from Houston. In the Draft I look for Anthony Smith or maybe Pat Watkins in the 3rd?

And on the line I'd have to go with Bently please if we can't land him to FINALLY secure the Center position, get the next best available LT and move Flo to RT. Will Jon Scott fall to the 2nd?

I go after Santonio Holmes with the 1st pick if we do not land a playmaking WR in Free Agency.
OLB looking like a draft pick to me, I dunno just have a feeling.:confused:

:starspin

blindzebra

Reaction score
SilverStarCowboy said:
If that happens who do you go after in the Draft?

I'd like to see Vinaterie Kicker for NewEngland he is a free agent and he's the best.

Also DT Grady Jackson, especially if we lose Glover, he is a legit 3/4 Nose Tackle. Or we could go after a guy like Gabe Watson who could fall in the Draft, 2nd round pick?

At Saftey ex-Jet, Coleman from Houston. In the Draft I look for Anthony Smith or maybe Pat Watkins in the 3rd?

And on the line I'd have to go with Bently please if we can't land him to FINALLY secure the Center position, get the next best available LT and move Flo to RT. Will Jon Scott fall to the 2nd?

I go after Santonio Holmes with the 1st pick if we do not land a playmaking WR in Free Agency.
OLB looking like a draft pick to me, I dunno just have a feeling.:confused:

:starspin

I go OLB in the first, LT in the 2nd, NT in the 3rd, day two I look at G/C, DE/OLB, DT/DE.

BigTex

Reaction score
Idrees Bashir would be a good signing as well, at least one I could live with.

And he's four years younger than Corey Chavous .