NASCAR 2012 Season Thread

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After Dale Jr. winning today I thought there would a lot more posts on this.

My facebook page exploded with happy Dale Jr. fans. :D

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Jammer;4596168 said:
After Dale Jr. winning today I thought there would a lot more posts on this.

My facebook page exploded with happy Dale Jr. fans. :D

BROOKLYN, Mich. (AP) -- After four years and 143 races -- the agonizing near-misses and all those questions about when he might finally win again -- Dale Earnhardt Jr. was alone in his car, comfortably ahead of the field and only a few minutes from victory.

"That was the worst feeling, riding around there with 15 laps to go, wondering what was going to happen - how you were going to lose,'' Earnhardt said. "Those laps couldn't go by fast enough.''

There was no falling short this time. Earnhardt held on smoothly at Michigan International Speedway for his first NASCAR Sprint Cup victory since 2008, and he did it in convincing fashion, beating Tony Stewart by 5.393 seconds Sunday. When the black Chevrolet with the green No. 88 crossed the finish line, Earnhardt ended a streak of 143 Cup races without a win and gave his legions of fans a thrilling reward for all their support -- and patience.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/racing/06/17/quicken.loans.400.ap/index.html#ixzz1y9MtvXag

Boys122

Reaction score
It figures, I don't watch the race and Jr. finally wins. I would of loved to have seen that.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;4596053 said:
:puke:

I was hoping he'd never win another race ;)

Wrong!!! :laugh2:

I knew it was a matter of time. He has been running very good all season long, sooner or later he was going to win. Unlike past season where he was not finishing in the top 10 as often as this year.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Doomsday101;4596417 said:
Wrong!!! :laugh2:

I knew it was a matter of time. He has been running very good all season long, sooner or later he was going to win. Unlike past season where he was not finishing in the top 10 as often as this year.

I have nothing against him I just don't think he lives up to the hype.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;4596421 said:
I have nothing against him I just don't think he lives up to the hype.

Others create the hype he can't control that. No doubt I'm a big fan of his because of his dad who I pulled for years and when Jr started in nationwide I pulled for him. He gets press because he is an Earnhardt

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Doomsday101;4596478 said:
Others create the hype he can't control that. No doubt I'm a big fan of his because of his dad who I pulled for years and when Jr started in nationwide I pulled for him. He gets press because he is an Earnhardt

I know he can't control it. He kind of reminds of Kyle Petty, even though he's won WAY more, in that the expectations are so high no one can live up to them.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;4596485 said:
I know he can't control it. He kind of reminds of Kyle Petty, even though he's won WAY more, in that the expectations are so high no one can live up to them.

True which puts even greater pressure on them to perform. Jr is a good driver and now things are turning around for him with this race team. I don't expect Jr to produce at the level of his dad few men ever will

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister;4620741 said:
I thought Hamlin was going to catch him until he messed up that one corner

What a brainfart they had. He's got the lead on the final caution, everybody's taking two. They are planning on taking two as well. He says on the radio "I want tires" and the crew chief thinks he means he wants four and calls the audible at the last minute. Goes from 1st to 15th on the grid.

I don't know who's to blame for that but they gave the race away.

Boys122

Reaction score
One of the better races of the year coming up, the Brickyard 400. Can't wait.

Bevo

Reaction score
Gordon needs to get a win soon and Indy is the track that he can win at.

Boys122

Reaction score
Not a Gordon fan, but a win here would get him back in the chase.

I'm looking for Jr. to get his second win of the year.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Boys122;4631712 said:
Not a Gordon fan, but a win here would get him back in the chase.

I'm looking for Jr. to get his second win of the year.

Would be a huge win for Jr.

Gordon can just go away. If he left racing, he wouldnt even be missed.

Bevo

Reaction score
WPBCowboysFan;4632032 said:
Would be a huge win for Jr.

Gordon can just go away. If he left racing, he wouldnt even be missed.

Gordon has millions of fans and is one of the most successful drivers of all-time......I'm pretty sure he would be missed....

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Bevo;4632263 said:
Gordon has millions of fans and is one of the most successful drivers of all-time......I'm pretty sure he would be missed....

He is my favorite current driver but I'd move on if he left. I'd probably start rooting for Stenhouse Jr. because he's from my area. I used to watch his father drive sprint cars at the local dirt track as a kid.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Risen Star;4620744 said:
What a brainfart they had. He's got the lead on the final caution, everybody's taking two. They are planning on taking two as well. He says on the radio "I want tires" and the crew chief thinks he means he wants four and calls the audible at the last minute. Goes from 1st to 15th on the grid.

I don't know who's to blame for that but they gave the race away.

I don't know how they explain that but hopefully they move past it. I like Denny. He's one hell of a driver.

Bevo

Reaction score
Bevo;4632263 said:

I meant I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be missed. Sorry