Nashon Wright got bailed out by bad QB throw

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Before I get started on Nashon, I need Bossman to hit the weight room up and get little stronger without losing speed.

People are glamouring about how Nashon improved from last week and he got better being on the hip pocket of WRs, but people fail to realize it was poor throws by the QB that bailed Nashon out.

The QB underthrew the ball to WRs instead of throwing it in FRONT of him so can ran up to it and catch it on stride with the beaten DB out of play. When the Cowboys play real QBs like Brady, Mahomes & Rodgers they will not make dumb throws like that and miss out on a TDs.

BAD THROW BY THE QB:

GOOD THROW BY THE QB:

HungryLion

Reaction score
Before I get started on Nashon, I need Bossman to hit the weight room up and get little stronger without losing speed.

People are glamouring about how Nashon improved from last week and he got better being on the hip pocket of WRs, but people fail to realize it was poor throws by the QB that bailed Nashon out.

The QB underthrew the ball to WRs instead of throwing it in FRONT of him so can ran up to it and catch it on stride with the beaten DB out of play. When the Cowboys play real QBs like Brady, Mahomes & Rodgers they will not make dumb throws like that and miss out on a TDs.

BAD THROW BY THE QB:

GOOD THROW BY THE QB:

Here’s the thing about Nahshon.

He isn’t going to have absolute perfect stuck om coverage on guys. But his height and Long arms are going to make QB windows smaller, so that if their pass isn’t perfect (like these clips) he will be able to make plays on the ball.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Wright was step by step with the WR for 25 yards where only a near perfect throw was the only way for a completion.

Epic fail on your part.

The WR had to slow down for the under-thrown ball and wright was step behind him. If the QB would have thrown the ball in front of the WRs and letting him catch on stride like Gillbert did then than would have been a TD or big gain.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
The WR had to slow down for the under-thrown ball and wright was step behind him. If the QB would have thrown the ball in front of the WRs and letting him catch on stride like Gillbert did then than would have been a TD or big gain.

Wright gave the DL about 4 seconds of tight coverage. Plenty of time for the DL to get home typically.

A perfect throw can’t be beat even with Deion out there.

Wright is already better than Awuzie. Can’t recall for sure but I think Wright is even better than Jones was at this time in his rookie year.

garyo1954

Reaction score
That sequence plays out dozens of times during the regular season across the league. You're stretching trying to make it anything but an incomplete pass.
All this, "if he had, or he had," is a wasted effort since "he didn't and he didn't."

Creeper

Reaction score
Most deep throws are not going to be perfect. Wright made a nice play on that throw. But keeping things in perspective, he is playing against guys who are not first string players.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The rookie played better than last week and pretty darn well, all things considered. Not sure why there is indifference about him as I believe it's difficult or impossible for any CB to defend against a "perfect throw"

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

BAD THROW BY THE QB:

GOOD THROW BY THE QB:

LOL, Is that the best you got? No defender is going to defeat the perfect pass that Aaron Rodgers or Pat Mahomes might throw but thank god that kind of QB is rare. What Nashon Wright does will be sufficient to defeat most QBs in this league. As for Kelvin Joseph(I refuse to call him "Bossman"), he needs to do more than just hit the weight room, he needs to hit the books. He's not what is called, "football smart". I have no doubt he can get there, he's just a rookie but for now, these veteran WRs are going to eat his lunch just as CeeDee and Gallup have been doing at practice.

Scotman

Reaction score
It wasn't a good pass, but the coverage looked pretty good to me. Even though the WR was just beginning to put some distance between them, Wright's height still made that a really, really tough throw. Remember, he's 6'4" tall with a super long wingspan and a 30" plus vertical. One step behind him means that ball needs to come straight down to the WR and hit him in stride. Also, all of our CB's are going to look rough if the QB gets 4-7 seconds back there to pass. Our line needs to get home before that time.

I am glad he's coming on because I had no idea who he was. That said, he's a rookie and isn't going to look perfect out there. I expect a few lumps for both our young CB's. Overall, Wright looks a far sight better than what the initial reports I read claimed.

You're not wrong, it wasn't a good pass. I think that reflects more on the poor play of their QB and our inability to put pressure on him for far too long. Both criticisms would be warranted. But Wright was where he needed to be.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

BAD THROW BY THE QB:

GOOD THROW BY THE QB:

Wrong!

Wright was running even with the WR until Wright saw the ball in the air.

Carson

Reaction score
Kids a gamer. Same with Joseph.

Diggs, Joseph and Wright are going to be solid for severe years to come.

Jarntt

Reaction score

BAD THROW BY THE QB:

GOOD THROW BY THE QB:

I'm not one to build up draft picks based on offseason program performances, but this was really odd to think it is so obvious that it deserves a thread. IMO Wright had really good coverage. Was running with the receiver and then located the ball in the air and made a play which has been an issue with our corners. No CB has perfect coverage and a perfect pass will usually beat them. But this was bizarre to use this as an example. I'd take this coverage every play. Bossman, however, had a couple poor coverage plays last night. Which is fine for a rookie or really any corner

johneric8

Reaction score

BAD THROW BY THE QB:

GOOD THROW BY THE QB:

Dude put some respect on Boss Man fat's name what's your deal...remember deion Sanders and how big he was?

starfan1

Reaction score
honestly I want to see more but if I were to be asked who i want starting across from Diggs i would lean wright over Brown,Bossman at the moment. I also would take Canady over Lewis in the slot

Loso86

Reaction score

BAD THROW BY THE QB:

GOOD THROW BY THE QB:

He did fine, we can play the should've could've would've about alot of players on this team and in this league! I mean if the QB threw it straight too him he could've had picks....lol His 3nd game in the NFL and he wasn't even on teams radar in the draft he is playing pretty good AND better than brown!

Verdict

Reaction score
LOL, Is that the best you got? No defender is going to defeat the perfect pass that Aaron Rodgers or Pat Mahomes might throw but thank god that kind of QB is rare. What Nashon Wright does will be sufficient to defeat most QBs in this league. As for Kelvin Joseph(I refuse to call him "Bossman"), he needs to do more than just hit the weight room, he needs to hit the books. He's not what is called, "football smart". I have no doubt he can get there, he's just a rookie but for now, these veteran WRs are going to eat his lunch just as CeeDee and Gallup have been doing at practice.
Joseph is grabby