Nashon Wright got bailed out by bad QB throw

sbark

Reaction score
Agreed, If the season started right now, I'd have the starting outside CBs be Diggs and Wright. I want to see Wright spend more time battling the 1s.
Depends on how much cover 2 we play...if we have to play more man....,boss man fat ,...or what ever....is your guy

Buzzbait

Reaction score
It wasn't a good pass, but the coverage looked pretty good to me. Even though the WR was just beginning to put some distance between them, Wright's height still made that a really, really tough throw. Remember, he's 6'4" tall with a super long wingspan and a 30" plus vertical. One step behind him means that ball needs to come straight down to the WR and hit him in stride. Also, all of our CB's are going to look rough if the QB gets 4-7 seconds back there to pass. Our line needs to get home before that time.I am glad he's coming on because I had no idea who he was. That said, he's a rookie and isn't going to look perfect out there. I expect a few lumps for both our young CB's. Overall, Wright looks a far sight better than what the initial reports I read claimed.
You're not wrong, it wasn't a good pass. I think that reflects more on the poor play of their QB and our inability to put pressure on him for far too long. Both criticisms would be warranted. But Wright was where he needed to be.

You're exactly right that "Wright was where he needed to be". Wright was looking/watching for the ball which is why he was able to make the play that he did. If Nashon had been just looking ahead and watching the WR, he could've stayed right up with him, but unlike many receivers, his head was turned watching the ball and consequently he was right where he needed to be to break up the play.
I can't fault Wright at all for that play.
:thumbup:

Buzzbait

Reaction score
That was a good play by Nashon. He played the ball perfect and he even had to slow down and make adjustments to the a bit underthrown pass.

Let's not take away a good play by blaming it on a the QB. The pass wasn't perfect. But it wasn't bad either.
And the coverage was right on the money. His head was turned and he was watching the ball as he should be, and he played the ball perfectly.