Nashon Wright got bailed out by bad QB throw

CapnB

Reaction score
He played it as well as a DB could've. He squeezed the wr against the sidelines and it would've taken a throw im not sure many HOF QB's could've made.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
That was a good play by Nashon. He played the ball perfect and he even had to slow down and make adjustments to the a bit underthrown pass.

Let's not take away a good play by blaming it on a the QB. The pass wasn't perfect. But it wasn't bad either.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
LOL, Is that the best you got? No defender is going to defeat the perfect pass that Aaron Rodgers or Pat Mahomes might throw but thank god that kind of QB is rare. What Nashon Wright does will be sufficient to defeat most QBs in this league. As for Kelvin Joseph(I refuse to call him "Bossman"), he needs to do more than just hit the weight room, he needs to hit the books. He's not what is called, "football smart". I have no doubt he can get there, he's just a rookie but for now, these veteran WRs are going to eat his lunch just as CeeDee and Gallup have been doing at practice.
No one yapping right now know what he will become History will tell that story. Football aint fairytale land.

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
Before I get started on Nashon, I need Bossman to hit the weight room up and get little stronger without losing speed.

People are glamouring about how Nashon improved from last week and he got better being on the hip pocket of WRs, but people fail to realize it was poor throws by the QB that bailed Nashon out.

The QB underthrew the ball to WRs instead of throwing it in FRONT of him so can ran up to it and catch it on stride with the beaten DB out of play. When the Cowboys play real QBs like Brady, Mahomes & Rodgers they will not make dumb throws like that and miss out on a TDs.

BAD THROW BY THE QB:

GOOD THROW BY THE QB:

Dak_Attack_09...Great Scouting Report...Not.......If that's a Bad Throw that came up a bit short we really don't know what your seeing.."Bad Throw"?If anything if that was the case then Wright should have came up with a IS..Those type of Throws are most of the time are difficult to throw to lead the WR in stride..So my argument, Wright did a pretty good on that Play..But a Bad Throw.We are just not seeing it...Nuff Said..

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I like what i am seeing in Nashon and in Joseph right now. They are rookies playing in only their second game in their pro careers and are getting their game experience. Will they make occasional mistakes, of course. The true sign of a great corner is not to avoid giving up big plays, its how you react after. Every CB, even All Pros will give up big plays now and then. And they also will get "bailed out" by bad throws. They appear to have great instincts, are mentally strong and have confidence in their ability. I anticipate they will only get better as the season goes along and will be hard to keep them off the field.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Wright was step by step with the WR for 25 yards where only a near perfect throw was the only way for a completion.

Epic fail on your part.

@Dak_Attack_09 I suggest you skip the Wright Stuff and show some splash plays of Anae beasting. And Alarcon eating cake last night.

Most teams have better QB than Colt McCoy.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Evans, Brown & Godwin are coming for this defense.

Well, I see their Antonio Brown and counter with Anthony Brown, and counter their Godwin with our Goodwin. Evans? :)

Cooper, Gallup, and Lamb are coming for their defense. Should be fun.

Zman5

Reaction score
I thought he played better than Bossman last night.

SackMaster

Reaction score
See, this thread is why I just can't and refuse to dive deep into the draft anymore.

Too many times would I do my "pre-draft homework", find the guys I really liked, find the guys that I thought were overrated, and then when the Cowboys didn't select "my guy" or even worse, draft a guy, who in my infinite wisdom as a "couch scout", thought was overrated.

I get it, when you "find" that one guy, and he becomes a Cowboy, there isn't a much better feeling in the world. Like a 250 lbs DE from the little college of Troy who was as fast as the fastest good LB in that draft (Derrick Johnson) as strong as the best edge rusher in the draft (Shawn Merriman) but somehow was more agile than both, even being able to put most DBs in that year's draft class to shame.

But then you get the other side of it. I never liked Anthony Spencer and his career ended up being as meh as I thought it would play out. But it sucked when I could not enjoy Cowboys games because I was too busy trying to point out how bad Spencer was on every-freaking-snap. Even snaps where he did something good. Spencer may have never produced like a 1st Rounder "should", but he did not play like complete garbage on every snap either.

Then you have a guy like Tyron Smith, who like Spencer, was not a fan of pre-draft. He's proven me wrong on his ability, I can't or will not argue that. I was flat out wrong about how good he could be. Now the one argument that I seem to be right about (or at least it looks like it may end up right) is that he will not be able to play in the NFL (or at least the Cowboys) for 15+ years. Because he was so young, fans kept on talking about how he could be the All-Pro LT for the Cowboys for 15 years (until he was 35). But to me, his age did not matter really at all. If he was going to play at a high level at the NFL level, he was going to put NFL mileage on his body. To expect ANYONE at the NFL to play as such a high level in the NFL for a decade+ is stretching it. Obviously that is what you hope for when you draft a guy, but the odds of that happening is not in your favor.

Anyways, enough about my old draft wins/losses.

This post reeks of what I would do to both Spencer and Smith during their careers (before I pulled my head from my ___).

Was it "perfect coverage"? No. But it was pretty darn good coverage.
Was it a "perfect pass"? Obviously not as the defender touched the ball.
Was it not an "NFL quality" pass? No. There are dozen of those types of passes, and typically a handful from every QB, in every game in every year.

Am I ready to induct Wright into the Hall-of-Fame? LOL, no.

But to say that it was a "bad play" or suggest anything other than it was AT MINIMUM a good play by Wright is just blind hatred.

Again, I understand. No one "wanted" Wright on draft day, let alone so high in the draft when he was a "nobody".

Yet I can't help to root for ALL Cowboys players now.
I hope Jospeh become a Pro-Bowler along with Wright.
I hope that Parsons becomes a HOFer.
I hope Jaylon and LVE can recapture their play from a couple of years ago.
I hope Tyron can stay healthy all 16 games.
I hope that if we are going to play Williams at center, he gets MUCH better with his snaps.
I hope that one or more of our young DTs are the Anti-Poe (who WAS my pet cat in the 2012 draft) and not play like they are on ice skates.

And probably my #1 hope on the list ... I hope Dak can lead this team to a Super Bowl win, while pulling in the season and SB MVPs in the process, just so I can see the haters squirm. (Not nice of me, I know, but it would be entertaining reading how the Cowboys won DESPITE of an MVP Dak)

The only real way to watch football (or at least for someone like me that hates to be wrong about anything) is hope that every player meets or exceeds expectations. That, along with a non-idiotic coaching staff, should produce favorable results.

In the end ... Go Wright. Go Joseph. Go Cowboys.
:thumbup:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
LOL, Is that the best you got? No defender is going to defeat the perfect pass that Aaron Rodgers or Pat Mahomes might throw but thank god that kind of QB is rare. What Nashon Wright does will be sufficient to defeat most QBs in this league. As for Kelvin Joseph(I refuse to call him "Bossman"), he needs to do more than just hit the weight room, he needs to hit the books. He's not what is called, "football smart". I have no doubt he can get there, he's just a rookie but for now, these veteran WRs are going to eat his lunch just as CeeDee and Gallup have been doing at practice.

Agreed, If the season started right now, I'd have the starting outside CBs be Diggs and Wright. I want to see Wright spend more time battling the 1s.

conner01

Reaction score
Wright was step by step with the WR for 25 yards where only a near perfect throw was the only way for a completion.

Epic fail on your part.

@Dak_Attack_09 I suggest you skip the Wright Stuff and show some splash plays of Anae beasting. And Alarcon eating cake last night.
Looked like very good coverage to me

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Before I get started on Nashon, I need Bossman to hit the weight room up and get little stronger without losing speed.

People are glamouring about how Nashon improved from last week and he got better being on the hip pocket of WRs, but people fail to realize it was poor throws by the QB that bailed Nashon out.

The QB underthrew the ball to WRs instead of throwing it in FRONT of him so can ran up to it and catch it on stride with the beaten DB out of play. When the Cowboys play real QBs like Brady, Mahomes & Rodgers they will not make dumb throws like that and miss out on a TDs.

BAD THROW BY THE QB:

GOOD THROW BY THE QB:

OMG, a rookie CB made a mistake in his 2nd preseason game? Stop the presses! :muttley: