Article: Natalie Portman will bring the hammer as a female Thor in 'Love and Thunder'

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep. Just you. Lol

Nah... it’s been named as part of phase. I’m buying it.
You ever go to comic con? She has huuuuuge following.
Peggy Carter too.
lol. Still not convinced, kinda like I moved to Missouri and adopted their saying, "Show me." :p

Comic Con has grown so large and busy that I would not care to attend. Deservedly, Johannson and her character should have a large following. Both are extremely interesting and Johannson has done a great job breathing life into Natasha.

Same goes for Hayley Atwell and Carter. It still upsets me her television series was cancelled.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is also being said it will be rated R and not PG, so it sounds it will be a little more gritty than the other Marvel movies, which is nice to hear.
Agreed. The vast majority of transitioned characters and storylines are expectedly PG-13 oriented. A few, like those surround Blade, are not and should have an opportunity of being presented as such on the big screen in my opinion.

While a non-MCU R rated effort like Fantastic Four failed miserably ( :facepalm: ), an example like Logan (or even the Warner Bros/DC The Dark Knight) succeeded in a dramatically darker toned film environment. Even a graphically violent and language driven comedy like Deadpool established the higher rating classification can work extremely well.

All success depends on the right story, acting and direction. Snipes earlier R rated non-MCU film incarnations were not as strong in those areas as other MCU character-related films have displayed in their PG-13 versions. Even so, the earlier Blade movies, in particularly II and I (not so much Trinity), definitely had their moments that made them fan favorites. The odds are highly favorable Ali's Blade will get much better support in those areas with the backing and experience of Feige and Marvel Studios. I would not bet against the newer Blade version blowing audiences' socks off.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
lol. Still not convinced, kinda like I moved to Missouri and adopted their saying, "Show me." :p

Comic Con has grown so large and busy that I would not care to attend. Deservedly, Johannson and her character should have a large following. Both are extremely interesting and Johannson has done a great job breathing life into Natasha.

Same goes for Hayley Atwell and Carter. It still upsets me her television series was cancelled.

I go to 5, 6 Cons a year. It’s fun.
Agent Carter. Went to Cali and died.
BW It’s happening!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I go to 5, 6 Cons a year. It’s fun.
Agent Carter. Went to Cali and died.
BW It’s happening!

lol @ you repeating that Black Widow is happening. Look at my comments about the movie this way:

Kevin Feige, the president of Marvel Studios, the one person in the entire world who knows every small current detail of every aspect of Marvel Comics movie adaptation being produced by Disney in the foreseeable future, has announced Black Widow is happening.

Take a second to let that last sentence sink in.

Now re-read below.

:laugh:

quickccc

Reaction score
I dont understand the love for moon knight.
He wasn't a group affiliate or a stand out solo comic
I would have thought marvel comics fans would've been making more of a push for silver surfer or namor the submariner film

And I have no idea why they decided to change from the title " shang chi master of kung ** "
This one I have an very iffy feeling about.
The studios are going to really have to depend upon positive critic reviews and appealing trailers to sell this one.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
lol @ you repeating that Black Widow is happening. Look at my comments about the movie this way:

Kevin Feige, the president of Marvel Studios, the one person in the entire world who knows every small current detail of every aspect of Marvel Comics movie adaptation being produced by Disney in the foreseeable future, has announced Black Widow is happening.

Take a second to let that last sentence sink in.

Now re-read below.

:laugh:

I forgot to mention.

Black Widow coming soon to a theater near you.

joseephuss

Reaction score
I would have thought marvel comics fans would've been making more of a push for silver surfer or namor the submariner film

And I have no idea why they decided to change from the title " shang chi master of kung ** "
The studios are going to really have to depend upon positive critic reviews and appealing trailers to sell this one.

I believe Universal Studios still own the film rights to Namor the Submariner. They would have to work with Marvel Studios to get a standalone movie or have him appear in an MCU film. It can be done as I think Hulk is also owned by Universal, but it is easier for Marvel to use a character which they own the full rights.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
He's an extremely conflicted "hero", kind of like a mix of Batman and Ironman, only on anti-depressants.

I think Namor is coming, but Aquaman's box office success might make it a little harder. Namor will most likely be the (perceived) villain in the next Black Panther. Okoye hinted at that in End Game.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Jessica Drew aka SpiderWoman looks to be coming soon as well.

Rumored to be played by:
14069467_ori.jpg

joseephuss

Reaction score
He's an extremely conflicted "hero", kind of like a mix of Batman and Ironman, only on anti-depressants.

I think Namor is coming, but Aquaman's box office success might make it a little harder. Namor will most likely be the (perceived) villain in the next Black Panther. Okoye hinted at that in End Game.

Namor's presence was hinted at back in Iron Man 2 post-credits scene.

https://screenrant.com/iron-man-2-shield-map-mcu-easter-eggs-explained/2/

Atlantis And Namor?
Finally, there's a location on the Mid-Atlantic Ridge, clearly intended to signpost the MCU existence of the underwater kingdom of Atlantis. In Marvel lore, the ancient kingdom of Atlantis sank beneath the waves 10,000 years ago, and in the present day is ruled by Namor the Sub-Mariner. Unfortunately, at this stage Marvel doesn't appear to have any real plans for Namor in the MCU thanks to rights complications dating from the early 2000s, when Marvel sold his film rights to Universal. The production rights appear to have reverted to Marvel due to inactivity, but distribution options are believed to still sit with Universal (this is similar to the rights situation with Hulk, who appears in team-up movies but not solo movies). Kevin Feige has said he believes there's "a way to probably figure it out," but even he's admitted that the film rights to Namor are "not as a clean or clear as the majority of the other characters."

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

I was a big fan of the Moon Knight comic, partly due to Bill Sienkiewicz.....love his art.
While I would like to see a MK movie, it might be a tough sell. He sounds too similar to Batman, rich guy turned superhero, has a moon copter and a bunch of tech gadgets and exacts vengeance on the streets. Add in he worships an Egyptian Moon God and there are serious questions about his sanity. He's a lot darker than most of MCU's mainstream heroes. It might work as part of the upcoming new "Blade", a little darker, a little edgier........

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was a big fan of the Moon Knight comic, partly due to Bill Sienkiewicz.....love his art.
While I would like to see a MK movie, it might be a tough sell. He sounds too similar to Batman, rich guy turned superhero, has a moon copter and a bunch of tech gadgets and exacts vengeance on the streets. Add in he worships an Egyptian Moon God and there are serious questions about his sanity. He's a lot darker than most of MCU's mainstream heroes. It might work as part of the upcoming new "Blade", a little darker, a little edgier........

It does present some challenges, and I think those challenges have contributed to nothing being done at this point. But I do expect the character to appear at some point, although I'm not sure whether it would be big screen or small screen.

To be honest, given the underwhelming slate for Phase 4, I'm already looking toward what they may have planned for Phase 5.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Namor's presence was hinted at back in Iron Man 2 post-credits scene.

https://screenrant.com/iron-man-2-shield-map-mcu-easter-eggs-explained/2/

More information on the situation involving Namor:

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/24...e-sub-mariner-could-finally-appear-in-the-mcu

It sounds like a deal similar to the Hulk. He can appear in films with other characters, but not solo films.

No problem if rumors of him being in Black Panther 2 are to be believed. And I think they are.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
In one of the animated movies, about Hulk fighting Thor in an arena on an Alien planet, Hulk was able to pick up Thor's hammer and throw it back at him. When I used to read comics, (60's-80's) the Hulk was the strongest character of them all by far. They seem to have diminished him over the years and decades. Back then Thor would not have stood a chance against the Hulk. I think the name of the cartoon movie was called Planet Hulk. In that movie, it is more like how I remembered it that Hulk was the strongest.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In one of the animated movies, about Hulk fighting Thor in an arena on an Alien planet, Hulk was able to pick up Thor's hammer and throw it back at him. When I used to read comics, (60's-80's) the Hulk was the strongest character of them all by far. They seem to have diminished him over the years and decades. Back then Thor would not have stood a chance against the Hulk. I think the name of the cartoon movie was called Planet Hulk. In that movie, it is more like how I remembered it that Hulk was the strongest.

Interesting. I have not seen this animated movie before. I wonder if he was able to pick up the hammer because it is Stormbreaker and not Mjolnir?

This is more like what should be expected given Mjolnir carries Odin's enchantment, while Stormbreaker does not. Still, I plan on watching Planet Hulk hoping to find out how the makers of the movie intended Stormbreaker to perform this way.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Interesting. I have not seen this animated movie before. I wonder if he was able to pick up the hammer because it is Stormbreaker and not Mjolnir?

This is more like what should be expected given Mjolnir carries Odin's enchantment, while Stormbreaker does not. Still, I plan on watching Planet Hulk hoping to find out how the makers of the movie intended Stormbreaker to perform this way.

I think that video you posted is from an Ultimates animated movie, which is a different Thor and different
hammer.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think that video you posted is from an Ultimates animated movie, which is a different Thor and different
hammer.
So the Ultimates Thor's hammer was Mjolnir and not Stormbreaker? Or perhaps even a partially or totally different hammer with a different origin than what is known in the Earth-616 reality? If so, I am more interested in seeing the movie now than before.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So the Ultimates Thor's hammer was Mjolnir and not Stormbreaker? Or perhaps even a partially or totally different hammer with a different origin than what is known in the Earth-616 reality? If so, I am more interested in seeing the movie now than before.

Apparently totally different. In fact, a guy wearing a suit powered by a manufactured hammer (or something).

I've never cared for the Ultimates and don't know too much about it.