Nate Newton calls for switch to 3-4 scheme

J-man

Reaction score
I've been telling y'all this since before he was drafted. What he does best is attack the football, where ever it is. He does his best work when he's free lancing. And his best position in the NFL would be as a 3/4 OLB.

fivetwos

Reaction score
The team doesn't have a NT worth a crap and he's calling for a 3-4 defense.

Nate was never a reader.
Exactly what I was about to say.

Remember Tyrone Crawford trying to play nose in Nolan’s scheme? It would probably look something like that.

I don’t see the difference or the point. Management clearly punted in the season and so will the players before long.

John813

Reaction score
If Bill comes here that exactly what we will be running. Even though Bill is old I would love to see him work his magic with the likes of Parsons.
Bill ran a lot of variants. Not a traditional 3-4 Parcells defenses.

I remember watching the Pats in their prime and there would be snippets by CBS showing the different looks BillB would have, depending on the matchup.
A 3 DL setup one week, then a 4 DL the next. Variations of both etc...

Majic

Reaction score
Bill ran a lot of variants. Not a traditional 3-4 Parcells defenses.

I remember watching the Pats in their prime and there would be snippets by CBS showing the different looks BillB would have, depending on the matchup.
A 3 DL setup one week, then a 4 DL the next. Variations of both etc...
A hybrid DEF that was the talk of Nolan and Quinn. What happened to that?

The Natural

Reaction score
We don’t have the the DL personnel for a 3 man front. Can’t go changing the whole defensive scheme because one bozo can’t do his job. Move him to LB and rush him on obvious passing downs if he can’t handle DE.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
These players simply don't care to even suit up and earn their checks. A change in scheme isn't going to do anything until the most important thing in Dallas Cowboy Land isn't THE BAG, and being a celebrity. Being a champion must become priority number one. Anything else is pointless and a waste of time.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if the 3-4 change happens next year. A good portion of your front 7 is gone in free agency next year including OSA, DLaw, and Kendricks making it the perfect time to go after a change if you want to do it. The big question to me is simply how do some of the other young guys you want to develop fit into the new scheme, Overshown being a big X factor there. The other big question is will Jerry actually be open to getting the FAs needed to pull off the change?

Moving to a 3-4 should be an instant way to fix the majority of the run game woes assuming we dont go the budget route.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Parsons isn't that successful at the point of contact. He's just not stronger than the O linemen. Couple that with double teams and he becomes invisible. I haven't seen the motor he's shown in the past. A few plays he either was gassed or packed it in on finishing a runner. Maybe the time his podcast takes up could be better utilized.