National Championship Game Thread

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Kilyin said:
He's a 6'5" Michael Vick though. He can actually see his receivers from the pocket.

LOL, dont get to mad Kilyin, they hate him no matter what.

See I dont take offense to people saying he is like Vick, kind of a compliment to me.

Vick is currently has the 3rd highest winning percentage of any Quartback, behind Brady and Mcnabb.

Oh I forgot...Cowboys fandom is full of people that wanted to beat their chest about a possible 10-6 Season without going to the Playoffs..

Nevermind...winning percentages wont hold much weight...

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
Westcoasthabsfan said:
I guess all the writers dont know anything about the game eh......
Oh please..."all" the writers? Vince got some votes too. The Bush voters are only kicking themselves right now. ;)

playit12

Reaction score
4lifecowboy said:
Why does everyone compare him to Micheal Vick? He is more like a upgraded version of Randall Cunningham, this guy is going to make noise in the NFL. Please let New Orleans be smart enough to take this kid

Both Randall and Vick are/were finesse runners with fast feet. Really he is much more like McNabb. He is strong enough and fast enough to make time. He is probably a better runner than McNabb was when he came into the league, but not as good with the deep pass. The Deep pass ability will come if they get rid of his side arm delivery, but honestly I'd leave it alone.

The player I want the most is that gaurd from USC. 71 I think. Both he and the center were absolutely beast in the running game.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Westcoasthabsfan said:
Bottom line is that Reggie Bush was the best player in college football this year..

Amazing...

How can you say that with a straight face....

- Mike G.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Hometown boy, great QB, automatic sellouts. David Carr owed $8,000,000 roster bonus. I sure hope he stays though.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Westcoasthabsfan said:

Why is that so funny... 10 wins = 1 loss...

Are you seriously saying the loss of Leinart, White and Bush won't make this team weaker?

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Draegerman said:
I'll give you credit, Mick. You did stand by them throughout the entire game.

Appreciate that. With how the boys played this year, I had some good practice.

I never thought they were out of it.

I just felt they needed to get a stop.

I cant wait to review this game a little more tommorrow night.

Im sure I will need to review it when all the excuses start...

My first guesss...they babble and complain about that pitch Vince made when his knee was down...like they were going to stop them anyway...

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
Nice call on the final score Trick. :bow:

Yeah trickblue is one of the guys that is usually very cautious and thinks things through before posting.

Much props TB.

- Mike G.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Let's enjoy this game. Lots of talent on this field.

What a great game it was, lots of ebb and flow... I can't wait to get home in the morning and watch the videotape...

Two heavyweights slugged it out tonight, and the good guys came out on top...

Now, will UT be the preseason number one going into next season?? I think it's likely (especially if Vince keeps his word, to stay in school for his senior year)...

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
silverbear said:
What a great game it was, lots of ebb and flow... I can't wait to get home in the morning and watch the videotape...

Now, will UT be the preseason number one going into next season?? I think it's likely (especially if Vince keeps his word, to stay in school for his senior year)...

Man, I was looking for your arse all night.

- Mike G.

Westcoasthabsfan

Reaction score
trickblue said:
Why is that so funny... 10 wins = 1 loss...

Are you seriously saying the loss of Leinart, White and Bush won't make this team weaker?

I think White will be back next year, he has not mentioned anything about declaring for the draft..... With this loss he has some unfinished business... and they usually play a 12 game season before the bowl season

Silverstar

Reaction score
Leinart says they are still champs and what the Trojans accomplished will never be done again.

Umm...yeah

:laugh2:

TEK2000

Reaction score
silverbear said:

Without a doubt.. they're only losing a couple of offensive linemen and 2 or 3 starters on defense. They've also got a verbal committment from the #1 LB prospect in the nation.. Sergio Kindle.

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
Westcoasthabsfan said:
Bottom line is that Reggie Bush was the best player in college football this year and his numbers dont lie......1658 yards rushing on a team where he shared the carries with White..
Vince Young's numbers don't lie either nor do his intangibles that are difficult to measure like his leadership ability. Tonight, he put UT's offense squarely on his shoulders and led (willed) them to victory.

Had this game been played in the regular season instead of the BCS Championship, Vince Young would have been annointed the Heisman Trophy winner.

TEK2000

Reaction score
Westcoasthabsfan said:
I think White will be back next year, he has not mentioned anything about declaring for the draft..... With this loss he has some unfinished business... and they usually play a 12 game season before the bowl season

He won't be finishing any business next season after almost every key starter for USC leaves.