National Championship Game Thread

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
Westcoasthabsfan said:
You arent for one second saying that Bush didnt deserve the Heisman are you?
You're damn right I'm saying that. If it weren't for those last three games where Bush had unbelieveable stats against mediocre opponents, it would have been a no-brainer.

Vince Young has been playing like tonight's performance for just about every game of UT's 2005 season.

Think I'm wrong?

Then watch how many sportswriters come out of the woodshed tomorrow, full of regret.

rexrobinson

Reaction score
Westcoasthabsfan said:
I guess all the writers dont know anything about the game eh......

actually, yeah, writers usually DONT know anything. Sports writers/analyst are some of the most ignorant of all, they always try to please the lowest common denominator for ratings.

Vince Young blew my mind today.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Westcoasthabsfan said:
He is a Mike Vick type of quarterback..... and we all know he will never lead the Falcons to a SB title

He's a 6'5" Michael Vick though. He can actually see his receivers from the pocket.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Westcoasthabsfan said:
Like I said, SC will be back...

SC will be good again next year... a 8-10 win team but they won't be as good as this team...

Texas is loaded again next year as well...

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
I'll tell you this..I would take Vince over Matt L. or any of them any freakin day..this guy is Vick with Size and a freakin arm. This kid can run and throw...a freak..I think he will translate to the NFL well..I hope Jerry is watching..and Vince gives us another year to deal for him via the draft!!!

jimmy40

Reaction score
Westcoasthabsfan said:
He is a Mike Vick type of quarterback..... and we all know he will never lead the Falcons to a SB title
Mike Vick couldn't hold Vince's jock and you know it.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
Busg made one damn play and the announcers shot their wad over it for fifteen minutes.

Yeah...that fool didnt do shaaat....

I take Lindale White anyway....me and Hostile also said we liked backs like him and Adrian Peterson...

- Mike G.

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
What did I tell you guys?

Never ever give up on the folks from the Lone Star State....ever....

I got this thing on DVD so I can show my kids and their kids the day Vincent Young walked down to the Rose Bowl and beat the California Boys on their own turf...
I'll give you credit, Mick. You did stand by them throughout the entire game.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
Westcoasthabsfan said:

Why does everyone compare him to Micheal Vick? He is more like a upgraded version of Randall Cunningham, this guy is going to make noise in the NFL. Please let New Orleans be smart enough to take this kid

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trickblue said:
SC will be good again next year... a 8-10 win team but they won't be as good as this team...

Texas is loaded again next year as well...
Nice call on the final score Trick. :bow:

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
rexrobinson said:
actually, yeah, writers usually DONT know anything. Sports writers/analyst are some of the most ignorant of all, they always try to please the lowest common denominator for ratings.

Vince Young blew my mind today.

Spot on.

Thanks for that.

Didnt feel like wasting my time responding....

jimmy40

Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Yeah...that fool didnt do shaaat....

I take Lindale White anyway....me and Hostile also said we liked backs like him and Adrian Peterson...

- Mike G.
I just had a vision of Peterson and White in the same backfield. I might be sick.

rexrobinson

Reaction score
Mike Vick never led the entire College league in QB passer ***. either. Vince Young can throw the ball albeit in the NFL he better put some more mustard on it than he does now. But he is accuarate in the pocket and on the move, and his feet will keep a play going when it may have failed.

This guy blows Vick out of the water.

cfujskins

Reaction score
Westcoasthabsfan said:

But the difference is that Vince Young is pretty accurate compared to Vick.

TwoSteppinJJ

Reaction score
4lifecowboy said:
Why does everyone compare him to Micheal Vick? He is more like a upgraded version of Randall Cunningham, this guy is going to make noise in the NFL. Please let New Orleans be smart enough to take this kid

Let New Orleans be dumb enough not to take him!(IF he comes out). New orleans is a hellhole!

Westcoasthabsfan

Reaction score
Draegerman said:
You're damn right I'm saying that. If it weren't for those last three games where Bush had unbelieveable stats against mediocre opponents, it would have been a no-brainer.

Vince Young has been playing like tonight's performance for just about every game of UT's 2005 season.

Think I'm wrong?

Then watch how many sportswriters come out of the woodshed tomorrow, full of regret.

Bottom line is that Reggie Bush was the best player in college football this year and his numbers dont lie......1658 yards rushing on a team where he shared the carries with White..