National Championship Game Thread

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
BTW, can we stop this "USC is the greatest team ever"?

I started this thread a week ago.

I know for a fact the 1995 Nebraska Cornhuskers would absolutely *** smoke the 2005 USC Trojans. I can think of 5 other squads that would beat these guys too.

It was pure ESPN hype that they were the best...and that was it...

- Mike G.

Westcoasthabsfan

Reaction score
Anyway, I must take my leave..... Texas played a heck of the game tonight and they beat the two time defending champs..... Later folks

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
TEK2000 said:
Without a doubt.. they're only losing a couple of offensive linemen and 2 or 3 starters on defense. They've also got a verbal committment from the #1 LB prospect in the nation.. Sergio Kindle.

I dont know.

Texas is gonna be good but you gotta give Ohio State some recognition too...that Troy Smith is a baby Vince Young just waiting to happen.

When they asked Smith who he thought was going to win, he just said he was a Vince Young fan :D .

But seriously, that Ohio State team is going to be deadly next year. I think they are coming to Austin next year too as part of their agreement.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
seriously! that has to be the best game ever, clearly the best national championship game ever!! hookem horns

jimmy40

Reaction score
CowboyChris said:
seriously! that has to be the best game ever, clearly the best national championship game ever!! hookem horns
Yes, but I'm slightly biased.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Well, I must have been hanging around here too long, I was actually getting excited by the Longhorns' comeback. Either that or I hate USC because i like UCLA.

jay cee

Reaction score
Man I read the entire thread. And I must admit, I enjoyed it almost as much as the game.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
BTW, can we stop this "USC is the greatest team ever"?

I started this thread a week ago.

I know for a fact the 1995 Nebraska Cornhuskers would absolutely *** smoke the 2005 USC Trojans. I can think of 5 other squads that would beat these guys too.

It was pure ESPN hype that they were the best...and that was it...

- Mike G.

also a symptom of the BCS trash.

Im sorry but until there is a playoff format any team will never be 'the bestever.'

ddh33

Reaction score
I agree. This "best ever" crap needs to be stopped.

For instance, tonight, I just watched the greatest individual performance I have ever seen in a college football game - and I'm an OU fan. Immediately, though, everything starts all over. Now, Vince Young is the greatest college player ever? Better than Staubach, Corso says.

I just hate that. I don't think it's fair to the current player or to the older player. Just let them both be great and move on.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Westcoasthabsfan said:
He is a Mike Vick type of quarterback..... and we all know he will never lead the Falcons to a SB title

Only he can also throw the guy completed 62% of his passes this year. He does seem to struggle a bit passing wise in the redzone.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
TEK2000 said:
Without a doubt.. they're only losing a couple of offensive linemen and 2 or 3 starters on defense. They've also got a verbal committment from the #1 LB prospect in the nation.. Sergio Kindle.

There offensive line dominated Texas all game, expect for that last 4th and 1 play.

Murph80

Reaction score
A little sloppy. Ball on the ground alot. Stupid penalties by both teams. It was good though.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Great game last night and was glad to see it live up to the hype. A special congratulation to Mac Brown and to his critics can you say NATIONAL CHAMPIONS BABY!!!!

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Vince Young is SICK.
What a freakin' game last night...both teams deserve alot of credit.