NBA 2015 Season Talk

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Good Substitutions by Blatt Tonight. Mozgov can probably sneak on to the floor a bit more as the only big.
Igudola overall game can not be questioned. The Man has been one of the three best players on the court this series (although his ft's were atrocious tonight!)
Cleveland should have put Lebron in more pick and rolls offensively, cause more switches onto Thompson... we will see more next game..
Curry in a switch with any big, (TT, Mozgov) is laughable... he's been roasting them.
The value of Kevin Love is seen in this series. His ability to rebound and throw pinpoint passes up the court is rare.... The other bigs for Cavs have to gather, & hold.
Great Game..... This has been a very good finals...
I'm rooting for a Cavs win in gm6... I want a 7 game series!!!!!

Was that MC Hammer behind the GS bench?!!?

Wow. I knew going very every game hard core was going to be tough for LeBron.

GS looks poised to win game 6 but I think the King steals this one.
I just don't know if he can steal 2 games.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Wow. I knew going very every game hard core was going to be tough for LeBron.

GS looks poised to win game 6 but I think the King steals this one.
I just don't know if he can steal 2 games.

Yeh.... that will be a tall task, one win is tall enough....
One thing for sure, game 6 will be tooth and nail. LJ was in this situation before, against the Spurs, but he had a much better team, and there is no Ray Allen to hit any game winners. But again, betting against LJ is risky.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
The last three-pointer, at the 9:26 mark of the second quarter, was his last basket. He finished with seven straight misses, all from beyond the three-point line.
-on JR Smith

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
A source said that Embiid has been working out very hard and playing "meaningful" half-court games. The source said that Embiid was a "full go" and has looked "shockingly good" in workouts.
Which is why this latest setback is of serious concern to the front office. According to the source, Embiid had been playing pain-free since the end of the season. He went to Los Angeles a couple of weeks ago to continue working out and to see doctors for a pre-planned checkup on his foot. The CT scan a few days ago showed "something different" in the healing of the bone that sustained the stress fracture almost exactly a year ago. The Sixers, no doubt, will try to find out just what course of action to take: surgery, a short stint of inactivity or a layoff that could include Embiid missing the two summer leagues next month.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...ixers_with_questions.html#fFGsPq7eHsxLs0Ph.99

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Big Shot Bob (great full article read)
http://www.theplayerstribune.com/robert-horry-kobe-phil-jackson-lakers/

Whenever I hear people crying about Kobe yelling at people in practice, or wondering whether or not LeBron is best friends with his teammates, I just roll my eyes. You know how many off-court conversations I had with the Zen-Master Phil Jackson in my entire time with the Lakers? One. I was sitting in the trainer’s room getting treatment and he was sitting on the table across from me.

“What happened with you and Danny Ainge in Phoenix?” he asked.

“I didn’t like him, so I blew up and threw a towel at him. I didn’t handle it the right way.”

“Okay.”

And that was it. We won three titles together. Go figure.

However, as dominant as we were in that three-peat run, I feel we could’ve done more if it weren’t for egos and complacency. Honestly, I left the Lakers with so much hatred for that team.

Saw this on twitter and it is an excellent article.

Truly good stuff and an honest take.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
And right twice. I guess that would mean that they've proven you wrong twice as well right?

It would mean the team who has won the first 3 quarters in this series has won 4 of the 5 games.
In the 5th they were tied and it went to OT.

The winner of the 4th quarter has been largely meaningless.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
A source said that Embiid has been working out very hard and playing "meaningful" half-court games. The source said that Embiid was a "full go" and has looked "shockingly good" in workouts.
Which is why this latest setback is of serious concern to the front office. According to the source, Embiid had been playing pain-free since the end of the season. He went to Los Angeles a couple of weeks ago to continue working out and to see doctors for a pre-planned checkup on his foot. The CT scan a few days ago showed "something different" in the healing of the bone that sustained the stress fracture almost exactly a year ago. The Sixers, no doubt, will try to find out just what course of action to take: surgery, a short stint of inactivity or a layoff that could include Embiid missing the two summer leagues next month.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...ixers_with_questions.html#fFGsPq7eHsxLs0Ph.99

Sorry to hear this for Embiid as he is one of the better basketball personalities.

I really don't know what it does to Philly but man they need to catch a break or two and win some games this year.
That type of losing sinks in and it takes wholesale changes to recover... as Mavs fan in the 90s I am painfully aware.
It took Cuban and a culture change here plus the drafting of Dirk mid-draft.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this for Embiid as he is one of the better basketball personalities.

I really don't know what it does to Philly but man they need to catch a break or two and win some games this year.
That type of losing sinks in and it takes wholesale changes to recover... as Mavs fan in the 90s I am painfully aware.
It took Cuban and a culture change here plus the drafting of Dirk mid-draft.

No faith lost yet... He wasn't re injured.... so we'll see...
heck they may take another 7fter this year...
I still see the direction, but this year will be the tipping point.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
It would mean the team who has won the first 3 quarters in this series has won 4 of the 5 games.
In the 5th they were tied and it went to OT.

The winner of the 4th quarter has been largely meaningless.

No, this is not true.

In Game 1, Cavs won but only outscored GS in the 2nd and 3rd Qtr.
In Game 2, Cavs won and did outscore GS in 1st, 2nd and 3rd Qtr.
In Game 3, Cavs won and did outscore GS in 1st 2nd and 3rd Qtr.
In Game 4, GS won but only outsocred the Cavs in 1st, 2nd and 4th Qtr.
In Game 5, GS won and outscored Cavs in 2nd, 3rd and 4th Qtr.

There have only been two game where the winning team has outscored the losing team in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Qtr of the games.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
No faith lost yet... He wasn't re injured.... so we'll see...
heck they may take another 7fter this year...
I still see the direction, but this year will be the tipping point.

direction-wise it is pretty clear they are taking team tank to a multi-year extreme.
rather a case of compete now or lose them all.

the last team to do that was Seattle and they lost the team to OKC and the franchise still hasn't won a title a decade later even with a couple MVP caliber candidates.

i think teams have to be rather insane to not try to compete as best possible each season.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
direction-wise it is pretty clear they are taking team tank to a multi-year extreme.
rather a case of compete now or lose them all.

the last team to do that was Seattle and they lost the team to OKC and the franchise still hasn't won a title a decade later even with a couple MVP caliber candidates.

i think teams have to be rather insane to not try to compete as best possible each season.

Well the window of proof is shrinking, so you're not the only one who feels that way...
Hinke will have to feel pressure at some point, his efforts has to start to bare fruit....

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
No, this is not true.

In Game 1, Cavs won but only outscored GS in the 2nd and 3rd Qtr.
In Game 2, Cavs won and did outscore GS in 1st, 2nd and 3rd Qtr.
In Game 3, Cavs won and did outscore GS in 1st 2nd and 3rd Qtr.
In Game 4, GS won but only outsocred the Cavs in 1st, 2nd and 4th Qtr.
In Game 5, GS won and outscored Cavs in 2nd, 3rd and 4th Qtr.

There have only been two game where the winning team has outscored the losing team in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Qtr of the games.

what I posted was 100% accurate.

won the first 3 quarters means total score after three.
no one on earth is this daft except intentionally.
when someone wins the game is it required they win all 4 quarters?

there are only 3 people posting heavily nba stuff so I hate to put you on ignore but if you are going to continue to post nonsense just to protect a completely dis-proven theory I will.

the NBA cliche about it all coming down to the final 5 minutes is very real.
BUT in this series it has been about who wins the first 3 quarters. The winner of the 4th quarter has NOT in 5 games overtook the leader after 3 quarters to go on and win it.

Kerr recognized this and is now starting Iggy. And has two wins in a row under that scenario.

BOTH teams are calling time-outs now keeping the games close in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. The coaches recognize the obvious.

Neither team wants to face a big deficit and confident opponent. It is too big a hill to climb.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Well the window of proof is shrinking, so you're not the only one who feels that way...
Hinke will have to feel pressure at some point, his efforts has to start to bare fruit....

I think I could buy it more from a team in the West but a pretty mediocre team could get a couple playoff series in the East.
A team like Boston (rebuilding far more quickly) has to hurt the 76ers fans psyche for sure.

Whatever the case, the 76ers have a ton of assets if they ever decide to try to win.
The issue of course is those assets quickly lose luster if not playing winning bball.
Once they are off cheap contracts they may well spread to various winners.

The plan works great in baseball : See Astros, Rangers of about 2007 and others. But in the NBA winning is largely about 1 transcendent player, a couple fringe All-Stars who are elevated due to said stud and a lot of smart vets. Just not sure I can think of a recent case of a good, young NBA team. But Philly is as committed as anyone has been to this process so it may well work and prove us all wrong by building a long-term dynasty.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
what I posted was 100% accurate.

won the first 3 quarters means total score after three.
no one on earth is this daft except intentionally.
when someone wins the game is it required they win all 4 quarters?

there are only 3 people posting heavily nba stuff so I hate to put you on ignore but if you are going to continue to post nonsense just to protect a completely dis-proven theory I will.

the NBA cliche about it all coming down to the final 5 minutes is very real.
BUT in this series it has been about who wins the first 3 quarters. The winner of the 4th quarter has NOT in 5 games overtook the leader after 3 quarters to go on and win it.

Kerr recognized this and is now starting Iggy. And has two wins in a row under that scenario.

BOTH teams are calling time-outs now keeping the games close in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. The coaches recognize the obvious.

Neither team wants to face a big deficit and confident opponent. It is too big a hill to climb.

To me, it means outscore your opponents in each of the first three Quarters. As to daft or intentionally so, that's something you would definitely say to a poster who does not agree with you. It's fine but I give that it's due and really not much more then that. It's what you do.

As example, last nights game was won and lost in the 4th Qtr. Each team held a lead in the 4th Quarter but Cleveland got smoked the last 8 minutes and Golden State got hot. That's how that game was won and lost last night.

Jenky

Reaction score
Looks like GS has this wrapped up. Might be in the minority here. But if I were Cleveland, i'd put my best starting 5 on the court.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Looks like GS has this wrapped up. Might be in the minority here. But if I were Cleveland, i'd put my best starting 5 on the court.

They will go with there starting five... but substitute based on what GS does.... There offense is too depleted to be the "dictator". Mozgov can't guard Iggy for long, Him and TT crowds the paint, not allowing Lebron, who is the only weapon (when smith is off) operating room. The small line ups worked for the Cavs, with the exception of Mozgov should have been the substitution for TT.... Probably should have played more minutes because he's a decent post player offensively and defensively. (he should be in when Lebron is given a breather)

Game 6 will be close... and just like all series, I wouldn't count Lebron out...

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

They will go with there starting five... but substitute based on what GS does.... There offense is too depleted to be the "dictator". Mozgov can't guard Iggy for long, Him and TT crowds the paint, not allowing Lebron, who is the only weapon (when smith is off) operating room. The small line ups worked for the Cavs, with the exception of Mozgov should have been the substitution for TT.... Probably should have played more minutes because he's a decent post player offensively and defensively. (he should be in when Lebron is given a breather)

Game 6 will be close... and just like all series, I wouldn't count Lebron out...

The problem here is.. The Cavs have to sprint AND go marathon in these last two games.

They can't do both for two games. Heck. Game 6 is going to be tough to do both.