NBA 2015 Season Talk

Jenky

Reaction score
I can't see Cleveland winning game four. Typically when you let a team come back like that, they have a ton of energy in the next game, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Golden State win by 10 points

Cleveland has let the Warriors come back every game so far. They do just enough to keep the lead although they lost it in game 1. They could have been up 3-0.

But you'd expect the Warriors to come back in game 4 with a sense of urgency, not to mention, it looks like Curry was heating up.

Last edited:

burmafrd

Reaction score
I always love it when the 'experts' are shown up wrong. All the talk was that GSW would bum rush the Cavs in 5 games or even sweep them. Cavs had no chance, etc. No matter how it turns out the Cavs showed a lot of people wrong as usual. ALL you ever hear is about how pathetic the Eastern Conference is and how mighty and unbeatable the western conference is.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
ALL you ever hear is about how pathetic the Eastern Conference is and how mighty and unbeatable the western conference is.

yea, while the western conference is stronger, it is annoying to keep hearing it exaggerated, especially here

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Cleveland has let the Warriors come back every game so far. They do just enough to keep the lead although they lost it in game 1. They could have been up 3-0.

But you'd expect the Warriors to come back in game 4 with a sense of urgency, not to mention, it looks like Curry was heating up.

They could also easily be down 0-3. GS, IMO, had that game last night. They made some critical mistakes down the stretch and they went away from forcing tempo and that hurt. They cut the lead to 4 and then they stopped going to the bucket. They started shooting jumpers again and that allowed Cleveland to become aggressive defensively. Cleveland was on it's heels and GS took their foot off. That, IMO, was a big mistake.

bounce

Reaction score
I always love it when the 'experts' are shown up wrong. All the talk was that GSW would bum rush the Cavs in 5 games or even sweep them. Cavs had no chance, etc. No matter how it turns out the Cavs showed a lot of people wrong as usual. ALL you ever hear is about how pathetic the Eastern Conference is and how mighty and unbeatable the western conference is.

Top to bottom, the West is way better than the East. But, the top team(s) can play with anyone. It's more a matter of how the Cavs had such an easy path to the finals, whereas the West was a gauntlet.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The Finals is about experience.
GSW simply has none of it.

LeBron has guys like Mike Miller and James Jones which are spares but know how to play with poise in the playoffs.
There is a reason Iggy has been arguably the best Warrior.

Curry heats up late because Delly finally gasses out.
But he owns Curry through 3 quarters two games in a row.
And Curry can't even pretend to score in the first half.

The Cavs have one way to win... be physical, defend, rebound, give the ball to LeBron.
Kyrie going down has helped them there really.

GSW has a better team but they gotta grow up and play a lot harder.
Pretty dribbles and long range shooting only get you so far.

Everyone on the Cavs is playing as hard as Draymond Green so he has been neutralized.
In other series he owned.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
The Finals is about experience.
GSW simply has none of it.

LeBron has guys like Mike Miller and James Jones which are spares but know how to play with poise in the playoffs.
There is a reason Iggy has been arguably the best Warrior.

Curry heats up late because Delly finally gasses out.
But he owns Curry through 3 quarters two games in a row.
And Curry can't even pretend to score in the first half.

The Cavs have one way to win... be physical, defend, rebound, give the ball to LeBron.
Kyrie going down has helped them there really.

GSW has a better team but they gotta grow up and play a lot harder.
Pretty dribbles and long range shooting only get you so far.

Everyone on the Cavs is playing as hard as Draymond Green so he has been neutralized.
In other series he owned.

The Cavs are imposing their will in them.
I do to see experience doing anything here exct for LeBron.

Goliath is beating Davy to a pulp.
Will Davy ever get upper hand?

burmafrd

Reaction score
basketball is the one team sport where 1 player can truly put a team on his back and carry them.

burmafrd

Reaction score
I have a hunch though that this might be the highwater mark for the Cavs. Outmanned but not outfought; but effort only can take you so far.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
The Cavs have played admirably so far - they are dogging the GS guards and shaking them off their usual sniper-like perimeter shooting performance. But that is about to change as fatigue sets in. (Both these teams were coming off a lengthy rest entering the Finals - i believe GSW had 7 days rest and CLE had 6 days).

GSW can run 10 deep on their active roster easily. CLE doesn't have anywhere near THAT kinda depth with the injuries they've incurred. That is gonna be telling and I believe the Warriors will win the next two games handily. CLE just better hope it's not the next THREE games.

I know that Lebron James is THE best basketball player on Earth today. But bench depth is gonna be his worst enemy from here-on-out. If he overcomes it - cement him in the NBA annals among the GOATs.

I just don't see it.

burmafrd

Reaction score
The Cavs have played admirably so far - they are dogging the GS guards and shaking them off their usual sniper-like perimeter shooting performance. But that is about to change as fatigue sets in. (Both these teams were coming off a lengthy rest entering the Finals - i believe GSW had 7 days rest and CLE had 6 days).

GSW can run 10 deep on their active roster easily. CLE doesn't have anywhere near THAT kinda depth with the injuries they've incurred. That is gonna be telling and I believe the Warriors will win the next two games handily. CLE just better hope it's not the next THREE games.

I know that Lebron James is THE best basketball player on Earth today. But bench depth is gonna be his worst enemy from here-on-out. If he overcomes it - cement him in the NBA annals among the GOATs.

I just don't see it.
thought the Cavs actually had one more day of rest then GS did since they won their conference first.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

I just don't see it.

It could happen as you suggest but for that to happen GSW has to stop playing scared.
The bench only helps if you can trust them.
Right now GSW doesn't even trust 5 starters.

I'd start David Lee(need offense other than Curry/Klay to open games) and Iggy(need to make LeBron work early).
Let Bogut and Barnes come off the bench.

GSW has the better team for sure but they've got to wake up and play harder.
The NBA has different intensity levels and they haven't yet reached NBA Finals intensity.
CLE with LeBron, Thompson and Delly has.

Fatigue is a factor but these games are 48-72 hours between games. That is almost perfect.
LeBron has been here A LOT so he knows how to manage that fatigue and can advise his team.

GSW almost has to steal a game tonight. If not they could put up a fight but mostly in vain going forward as 3-1 down is a nightmare.
At 3-1 CLE would mostly likely take game 5 off and play starters far less minutes. Be ready to go home for game 6 and close it out.

GSW wins tonight they get back home court and signal this is likely a 7 game series.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
I think more Iggy and Lee are necessary. They are both physical, high energy players...
Experience can't be undervalued here... in which they both have an adequate amount.
LeBron understands what's at stake, and has motivated his team to the task at hand.
GS has to get started early. Steph has to get started early...
Good Series so far... I'm super happy, never suspected it would be a walk over like may thought....Different animal.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I actually think that the key for GS is to have Curry to get rid of the ball more quickly, once they get into their half set offense. The Cavs are making it hard for Curry to get into rhythm by running a lot of guys at him and forcing him to the side lines. When the Cavs started scoring in the 4th qrt on Tuesday, it was because Curry was giving up the ball. GS started dropping someone down into the high post and Curry was finding them. That made the Cavs have to move their feet and they had trouble matching up and boxing out. Created a lot of easy baskets for GS and a lot of second chance opportunities on the Offensive glass. Cavs adjusted but when they did, that allowed Curry to get into a bit more rhythm and he started making some shots. Now, some of those shots were really, really difficult but once he started making some shots, he started feeling it and they found their offense. GS lost game three but they outscored the Cavs by 12 in that 4th quarter. I think they have to do more of that. Cavs can be beaten and GS has plenty of talent to do it. They just have to play smarter and take what the Cavs are giving up.

See if they can duplicate that 4th qtr success tonight.