NBA 2016 Offseason: Draft, Trades & Free Agency

Shunpike

Reaction score
Love this trade as a Knicks fan. I hope they stay away from Dwight Howard.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Wonder if that means Porzingis will be a full time 5? I think he put up better numbers without Lopez being on the floor, so maybe.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Wonder if that means Porzingis will be a full time 5? I think he put up better numbers without Lopez being on the floor, so maybe.

Here in NY the word is their goal is to place him next to a more athletic 5.... Noah, & Howard are names being mentioned. I personally would go Noah. Winning intangibles, unselfish, can put the ball on the floor....

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
I hear the Lakers want a top 5 pick because they don't think there guy will be there after 5. I've heard trade rumors on Russell too though.

It seems they like Buddy & Jamal...
If Jalen Brown goes to the Celts (which is very possible)... Dunn falls to the Suns, and that will leave buddy, & Murrary (and Chriss).... but again all rumors... although from what i've heard they've had buddy in twice...

None matters to me... the sixers can hold tight until next year when the LAL pick will surely turn over, and they have swap rights with SacTo.... Sixers want K. Dunn... but the Celts are playing hardball with the no. 3 pick.... next years draft is stronger... pg next year if necessary...

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Rumor Mill stuff @ABQCOWBOY

no 6 pick to LA
Okafor to NO
Russell to Philly...

just a rumor..

Why would the Sixers do that???
Russell is not very good. Team turned on him and the Lakers badly need guards but have him on the block.

You don't trade 5's for 2's.

The NBA basically took over the Sixers to keep them form doing stupid things like that.
If they want to trade Okafor they can get a real, legit NBA player, not another useless childish kid.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Why would the Sixers do that???
Russell is not very good. Team turned on him and the Lakers badly need guards but have him on the block.

You don't trade 5's for 2's.

The NBA basically took over the Sixers to keep them form doing stupid things like that.
If they want to trade Okafor they can get a real, legit NBA player, not another useless childish kid.

well.. its a rumor first..
second, your opinion of Russell may not be the same as others... it definitely isn't mine, and I'm sure every gm doesn't agree with you... though some may.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
It seems they like Buddy & Jamal...
If Jalen Brown goes to the Celts (which is very possible)... Dunn falls to the Suns, and that will leave buddy, & Murrary (and Chriss).... but again all rumors... although from what i've heard they've had buddy in twice...

None matters to me... the sixers can hold tight until next year when the LAL pick will surely turn over, and they have swap rights with SacTo.... Sixers want K. Dunn... but the Celts are playing hardball with the no. 3 pick.... next years draft is stronger... pg next year if necessary...

Actually, there is a lot of talk that the Lakers like Dunn the best of all the Guards. I don't know, you here stuff this time of year and who knows what's true or not but Dunn keeps popping up with the Lakers.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Actually, there is a lot of talk that the Lakers like Dunn the best of all the Guards. I don't know, you here stuff this time of year and who knows what's true or not but Dunn keeps popping up with the Lakers.

Who doesn't like Dunn... he seems like the apple of many teams eye at this point... he is establishing himself as the third best prospect to many... although the Celts has had Brown in twice, and are said to really like him..

I think Philly, & LAL see multiple players in the top 7 that they like... but the best two way players are at the top... Simmons, Ingram, & Dunn.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
second, your opinion of Russell may not be the same as others... it definitely isn't mine, and I'm sure every gm doesn't agree with you... though some may.

russell had a spoiled mama's boy rep at OSU and that certainly showed up last year.
he's gonna fight label of being soft and now being a snitch.
but the issues were in performance. he was drafted and called a PG but averaged 3.3 APG and 2.5 TOPG. that's not a point anything. no debating that.

russell wasn't a PG in terms of leadership or play.
he's a 2 guard or tweener at best.

the sixers do not need more kids, that's obviously not worked.
they need to build an actual NBA roster. get out of the top 5 of the draft for gods sake before the NBA retracts the friggin team or moves them to Las Vegas under new owners.
the trash can routine isn't cute any more.

the sixers moving okafor plus trash for teague and picks would have made a ton of sense.
moving a prized big for another shot in the dark 20 year old makes no sense.
they've got 100 shots in the dark at 20 year olds already.

yes simmons was HS teammates with russell but this isn't the HS/AAU circuit.
NBA teams need grown men to win.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

I don't love what he did off the courts. I mean, that's just plain stupid but on the court, I think Russell actually had a pretty decent rookie season. He was 5th among all Rookies in scoring average, 4th in APG and pulled down just over 3 boards a game. I'd actually say that his rookie year was pretty solid.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
russell had a spoiled mama's boy rep at OSU and that certainly showed up last year.
he's gonna fight label of being soft and now being a snitch.
but the issues were in performance. he was drafted and called a PG but averaged 3.3 APG and 2.5 TOPG. that's not a point anything. no debating that.

russell wasn't a PG in terms of leadership or play.
he's a 2 guard or tweener at best.

the sixers do not need more kids, that's obviously not worked.
they need to build an actual NBA roster. get out of the top 5 of the draft for gods sake before the NBA retracts the friggin team or moves them to Las Vegas under new owners.
the trash can routine isn't cute any more.

the sixers moving okafor plus trash for teague and picks would have made a ton of sense.
moving a prized big for another shot in the dark 20 year old makes no sense.
they've got 100 shots in the dark at 20 year olds already.

yes simmons was HS teammates with russell but this isn't the HS/AAU circuit.
NBA teams need grown men to win.

I will humbly disagree.