NBA Free Agency

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
really more about money.
he wants star money but anyone who bid that for him would have risked a match.
he had to agree to the deal so he needed to like the team and the deal all the while expecting PHX to just match.

when they fix the CBA that should be a part of it. how they handle RFA status.

i suspect PHX wants to sign him to a one year deal and then trade him later in the year.
insure they get assets back but aren't spending a fortune for him as they are loaded in the back court.

greg monroe is another interesting one.
not sure how DET feels about him but young bigs have always been overpaid in free agency.

Phoenix is smart for not overpaying... no one else has the money or willingness to push up his value. He would be smart to take the 48mil offered.
But yeh, he will take the qualifying, and they will trade him during the season. He's an excellent young pg, but phoenix is more than ok with Dragic, Thomas, & Enis.
They could use an elite wing/ shooting guard. Gerald Green gives them that burst as of now, but he's better off the bench because he's not consistent.

Love Greg Monroe (Hoya!)... but his weaknesses keep him from getting big dollars. A center (you already have an elite athlete there in Drummond) Who although an excellent passer from the high post, can't shoot (he should have developed a 15ft jumper by now). He's an average athlete, and he's not a great defender.
Very Skilled, would be best in a strong team concept..... I won't say the team I think he should be on, because that is like saying "Candyman" three times.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
I originally posted E'twan Moore signed with Olimpia Milano. He's staying in the NBA, will sign with the bulls..
underrated signing. Good bench guy who can score if needed.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Bledsoe and Monroe both probably have more value for other teams than they do in their current spots.
Monroe in SA next season would make a lot of sense. But Dallas would also be a fit.
He's a high IQ player with limited offense and only mediocre defense but he's still a big and bigs get paid.

Bledsoe wants a starting role and shots. Gonna be tough to maintain that in PHX with their 8 guard rotation, lol.

Actually how fitting would it be if Monroe and Bledsoe were traded for each other.
Talk about good fits.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Marion to Cavs is a done deal.
That is a big piece for them.

Cavs SF this year: LeBron, Marion

Rotation:
PG: Irving
SG: Waiters
SF: LeBron
PF: Love
C: Varajao

Shawn Marion
Ray Allen
Mike Miller
Tristan Thompson

Still need a vet PG back up IMHO... so that IMHO will be final shoe to drop.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score

Rotation:

Shawn Marion
Ray Allen
Mike Miller
Tristan Thompson

Allen hasn't signed, and may not until later in the season, if at all.

Don't forget Brandon Haywood (yeh, I know...), And Delivedova is an underrated pg... we'll see his growth with the Aussies in the World Cup now that Mills is hurt. A more experienced pg may be sourced though, as you mentioned.
Also I'm curious to see if there are other moving parts in that Love/Wiggins trade...

Also, they signed Alex Kirk! (who?:eek::D)

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Allen hasn't signed, and may not until later in the season, if at all.

Don't forget Brandon Haywood (yeh, I know...), And Delivedova is an underrated pg... we'll see his growth with the Aussies in the World Cup now that Mills is hurt. A more experienced pg may be sourced though, as you mentioned.
Also I'm curious to see if there are other moving parts in that Love/Wiggins trade...

Also, they signed Alex Kirk! (who?:eek::D)

yup just a miss on haywood on my part.

i intentionally left off the other young guys as I expect they are outside the rotation.
i could be wrong on the young PG but I suspect with the added proven talent everywhere by 1/2 that a true vet PG comes aboard at some point.

Ray Allen has supposedly committed to the Cavs just not signed his deal yet.

doubt very seriously CLE has their full complement of draft picks after the trade deadline.
but no other shoes should drop before Aug 23 when the Wiggins/Love swap is official.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

Rotation:

Shawn Marion
Ray Allen
Mike Miller
Tristan Thompson

There are still, at minimum 16-20 teams in the western conference who would beat Cleveland in a 7 game series, so the Spurs have nothing to fear

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
There are still, at minimum 16-20 teams in the western conference who would beat Cleveland in a 7 game series, so the Spurs have nothing to fear

that's absurdly inaccurate tho i agree the spurs certainly have higher odds of getting knocked out by a western conf team than making the finals and losing.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score

There aren't 16-20 teams in the Western Conference. There are 15... Apparently, the Cavs are so bad that even nonexistent teams could beat them.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
What does everyone think about the Pacers? Personally, as good as they've played in the regular season, I just didn't them ever getting over the hump with their current roster/coach.

I think they should take and hope to get lucky like the Spurs did by landing Duncan the year after Robinson was injured. But it's a gamble because 1) PG may never be the same and 2) the draft is a crapshoot.

I'd unload Hibbert and some other dead weight, try to get a top draft pick next year, and also try to maybe land a top notch free agent next year.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
What does everyone think about the Pacers? Personally, as good as they've played in the regular season, I just didn't them ever getting over the hump with their current roster/coach.

I think they should take and hope to get lucky like the Spurs did by landing Duncan the year after Robinson was injured. But it's a gamble because 1) PG may never be the same and 2) the draft is a crapshoot.

I'd unload Hibbert and some other dead weight, try to get a top draft pick next year, and also try to maybe land a top notch free agent next year.

Pacers have always been better as underdogs. Not sure where they are as a team right now with Stevenson gone and PG hurt.
I am guessing they need to add some scoring.

Were I the Pacers I use this year to figure out Hibbert.
If you can get him back right then they can rebound once PG returns.
Whatever high scoring player they add for this year can become the 6th an once PG is back fully healthy(if he ever is).

I don't think they are anywhere near bottom of the East tho.
There are teams that have made it their life's mission to tank for a few seasons in a row now.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
this kinda makes me mad... I think Isaiah Canaan & Nic Johnson are both super talented....
give those guys a chance...

and if they give up one of the young ins for Ramon... It will come back on them..

has to be more than one of them to make the money work too.
kinda strange deal. sessions is a very weak defender and his bread and butter is pick and roll offense which is what you have Harden doing.
HOU and MIL both have like 18 guys already for camp.
This move probably has to be multiple pieces.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
has to be more than one of them to make the money work too.
kinda strange deal. sessions is a very weak defender and his bread and butter is pick and roll offense which is what you have Harden doing.
HOU and MIL both have like 18 guys already for camp.
This move probably has to be multiple pieces.

If I was to guess odd men out in Hou, it would be
Powell
Adrian
Ish
possibly jordan hamilton.
hopefully they don't trade one of the young ins, but you may be right.....

odd move indeed.