NBA Free Agency

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I saw an article on Bleacher Report with 5 trade packages the Cavs should explore. None of them were that impressive. The best one was probably Kyrie and Shumpert for Kemba Walker and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist.

John813

Reaction score
I saw an article on Bleacher Report with 5 trade packages the Cavs should explore. None of them were that impressive. The best one was probably Kyrie and Shumpert for Kemba Walker and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist.

It's interesting seeing the speculated trade options. Some think Cleveland can get a blue chipper+ a good player. Others think Irvings value has tanked and they'll get a meh return.

Obviously Cleveland doesn't have to trade him ASAP, but I doubt they'll find that the offers improve as the offseason goes on.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's interesting seeing the speculated trade options. Some think Cleveland can get a blue chipper+ a good player. Others think Irvings value has tanked and they'll get a meh return.

Obviously Cleveland doesn't have to trade him ASAP, but I doubt they'll find that the offers improve as the offseason goes on.
I think they are in a weird position where they are at a disadvantage because its well known he wants out. But at the same time somewhat at an advantage because teams will have to compete for a trade.

A bad GM will horribly botch this while a good one mighy come out ahead

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I think they are in a weird position where they are at a disadvantage because its well known he wants out. But at the same time somewhat at an advantage because teams will have to compete for a trade.

A bad GM will horribly botch this while a good one mighy come out ahead

You got to wonder had Cleveland brought this out before the draft, what the offers would have been. Sacramento, Phoenix would have been offering up their picks.

Makes you wonder what Philly would have done.

I think Phoenix has the assets. They can offer up Bledsoe, Chriss, and a 1st.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
This is all kinda weird but also entertaining.
Sad thing is really the East still looks to belong to LeBron.
But there may be 3-5 better teams in the West.
Crazy.

Kyrie is the kind of young star you'd like to build around. --ok, perhaps running away from winning situation aside.
I think Cavs can get a good return.
But a good return is still going to mean a severely different team and a lot of challenges going into next year.
There's zero chance they catch the GSW for talent tho I guess GSW could lose a star to injury.

The biggest loser in all of this may well be the NBA Finals ratings.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You got to wonder had Cleveland brought this out before the draft, what the offers would have been. Sacramento, Phoenix would have been offering up their picks.

Makes you wonder what Philly would have done.

I think Phoenix has the assets. They can offer up Bledsoe, Chriss, and a 1st.
My question is do you make a move in hopes of keeping Lebron, or to build a post Lebron team.

This IMO is where they really need to guess. A guy like Wiggins would be a nice get for the future. But is he a contention ready player right now?

The Phoenix deal you mention is a nice blend. Bledsoe is tight with Lebron and another title run in Cleveland could convince him to stay. And Chriss and that pick would be a start to a rebuild if he does bolt

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
My question is do you make a move in hopes of keeping Lebron, or to build a post Lebron team.

This IMO is where they really need to guess. A guy like Wiggins would be a nice get for the future. But is he a contention ready player right now?

The Phoenix deal you mention is a nice blend. Bledsoe is tight with Lebron and another title run in Cleveland could convince him to stay. And Chriss and that pick would be a start to a rebuild if he does bolt

I wonder if Minnesota would actually move Wiggins. In a vaccuum, it's an upgrade. But, Teague is making 19 a year for the next 3 years. And I don't think you can pair Teague and Irving together for long stretches, defensively.

But, it would solve some of their spacing issues they will have next year. Irving is a better shooter from behind the arc, and on a high volume.

Now, had Minnesota not signed Teague like I said.... They could have made the trade for Crabbe (with the cap space they used on Teague), hypothetically let's say they moved Wiggins for Crabbe....

Irving/Crabbe/Butler/Dieng or Gibson/KAT

Interior defense, spacing, shooting, and driving.

Balanced team.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I wonder if Minnesota would actually move Wiggins. In a vaccuum, it's an upgrade. But, Teague is making 19 a year for the next 3 years. And I don't think you can pair Teague and Irving together for long stretches, defensively.

But, it would solve some of their spacing issues they will have next year. Irving is a better shooter from behind the arc, and on a high volume.

Now, had Minnesota not signed Teague like I said.... They could have made the trade for Crabbe (with the cap space they used on Teague), hypothetically let's say they moved Wiggins for Crabbe....

Balanced team.
I think you would have to plan on trading Teague when he is eligible. Which could be done but not sure what the rules are. I know a certain amount of time has to pass.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Balanced team.
I think you would have to plan on trading Teague when he is eligible. Which could be done but not sure what the rules are. I know a certain amount of time has to pass.
Looked it up, and while Im not certain if this applies to Teague, I believe that cant trade him until the 15th of December

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

The only way for CLE to build for future is to trade LeBron.
LeBron and scrubs is a 3-4 seed. Like his first CLE stop.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-re-signing-golden-state-warriors-1-year-deal

Looks like another major piece has left the Warriors just as ABQCowboy predicted.

What is it with you man? I stated the fact that the rules changed, this year, with regards to the CBA, which was not the case when we originally discussed this. If the rules were still the same, I'm very doubtful that all of this could have been accomplished. However, they did change so it has helped GS considerably, with regards to resigning players.

I guess you are going to do what you want to do. I applaud your efforts.

Have a good weekend.