NBA Offseason

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Yes the playoffs are still going on but i figured some of us need a place to talk about the teams that didn't make the playoffs or teams that got eliminated.

I'm hoping the Lakers keep improving and make the playoffs next year. Resigning Julius Randle to a fair deal for both sides seems like their top priority to me. I wonder what the Lakers FO is planning on doing with Randle.

I'm not a Knicks fan but i don't like seeing them in the gutter for so long. Hoping they make improvements as well.

:popcorn:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Yes the playoffs are still going on but i figured some of us need a place to talk about the teams that didn't make the playoffs or teams that got eliminated.

I'm hoping the Lakers keep improving and make the playoffs next year. Resigning Julius Randle to a fair deal for both sides seems like their top priority to me. I wonder what the Lakers FO is planning on doing with Randle.

I'm not a Knicks fan but i don't like seeing them in the gutter for so long. Hoping they make improvements as well.

:popcorn:
I hear you, @Sarek. The playoffs are not the same sans the Lakeshow... it's been too long. I have no doubt they'll return to the playoffs next season.

As for the "offseason", there is a lot of speculation where Lebron and Kawhi will be playing next season. Could one of these superstars become a Laker? I'm personally rooting for Kawhi and the Spurs to workout it out. I don't think Lebron will move East but anything can happen.

Shinaoi

Reaction score
As a mavs fan, this could be an exciting draft. I’ve been studying up on draft prospects. Not sure what to think of luka doncic.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I could see the Celtics moving Rozier. They can retain Smart in this market sub 10mil. Rozier has one more year left on his contract and would be more expensive to retain. He will also minutes and touches once Hayward comes back.

Im not sure what his trade value is, but this offseason would be selling high

bornafan1981

Reaction score
I could see the Celtics moving Rozier. They can retain Smart in this market sub 10mil. Rozier has one more year left on his contract and would be more expensive to retain. He will also minutes and touches once Hayward comes back.

Im not sure what his trade value is, but this offseason would be selling high

I think he's been playing too & they will need a good PG. Kyrie cannot be trusted to play a whole season.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I want Manu back for 1 more year. I want Rudy Gay and Kyle Anderson back. I want Tony and Pau to retire. I would not be upset if we traded away Mills and/or Green. I want the Kawhi issue resolved, one way or another. I want 2-3 better options at reserve F/C than Joff "Where is Shirley?" Lauvergne.

I want to find a way to add 1 or 2 more draft picks. I want 2 long athletic, offensive minded wings, who can hit the 3 consistently. I want 2 athletic, defensive minded bigs.

GO SPURS GO

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I want Manu back for 1 more year. I want Rudy Gay and Kyle Anderson back. I want Tony and Pau to retire. I would not be upset if we traded away Mills and/or Green. I want the Kawhi issue resolved, one way or another. I want 2-3 better options at reserve F/C than Joff "Where is Shirley?" Lauvergne.

I want to find a way to add 1 or 2 more draft picks. I want 2 long athletic, offensive minded wings, who can hit the 3 consistently. I want 2 athletic, defensive minded bigs.

GO SPURS GO
Lebron could make Dejonte Murray the next Kobe. Pop wants to trade Kawhi to the east so who knows? I'm dreaming of course.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Pop is telling his guys in the FO to find a trade for Kawhi with a team in the East. Lebron please come to San Antonio.
Philadelphia makes sense to me with Kawhi. They need him, they have cap space, they have assets, and they will get Kawhi playoff runs. Kawhi is a better fit for them than Lebron. Simmons needs the ball in his hand and Kawhi doesnt take it out of his hands.

I think they would have to give up Fultz. I dont know if they would do that, or if Pop would want him

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Philadelphia makes sense to me with Kawhi. They need him, they have cap space, they have assets, and they will get Kawhi playoff runs. Kawhi is a better fit for them than Lebron. Simmons needs the ball in his hand and Kawhi doesnt take it out of his hands.

I think they would have to give up Fultz. I dont know if they would do that, or if Pop would want him
I gues the Spurs might take Embiid off the 76ers hands but that's all they have worth trading Kawhi.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I have no idea but they aren't trading him just to trade him. They're going to want a superstar player in return.
Problem is if he doesn't want to be there and won't commit, they are losing alot of leverage in a trade.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Problem is if he doesn't want to be there and won't commit, they are losing alot of leverage in a trade.
Who says he doesn't want to be there? Those reports were proven wrong days later by Kawhi himself. He just wants to be 100% before going back on the court. It's Pop that wants him gone. If there is no good trade out there then Pop will have to work things out with Kawhi like he did with LaMarcus Aldridge the year before.