NBA Offseason

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by Sarek, Jun 18, 2019.

1. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

26,879 Messages
    8,266 Likes Received
    Not sure I buy it was the right decision at all.
    If any team was in position to sign KD then tank a year to add another star or top rookie to KD it was the Knicks.
    Instead they look poised to be a 8-11 seed in the East with no discernible top notch building blocks.
    If they didn't fit KD longer term they likely could trade him in a year or 2 years time once he was healthy for a windfall similar to what PG13 drew.
    I don't mind the Knicks going with better value deals after the top 2 guys weren't coming but few teams were better situated to eat a year of a max for KD.

2. thebigeasy88

thebigeasy88 Well-Known Member

1,038 Messages
    1,399 Likes Received
    Funny, all of us C's fans bought into the hype of the team bonding during that cross country trip to the west coast. In hindsight, our team was doomed once Kyrie stepped foot into the facility. I'm beyond excited to watch the Celts again now that his dumb butt is in NJ.

3. CalPolyTechnique

CalPolyTechnique Well-Known Member

10,466 Messages
    14,696 Likes Received
    His (Kyrie) apology to LeBron which was effectively a passive-aggressive tactic to chide the young players on the team was deplorable.

John813 and dreghorn2 like this.
  4. uvaballa

uvaballa Well-Known Member

2,343 Messages
    1,664 Likes Received
    I’m not saying it was the right decision I quoted someone else.

5. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

26,879 Messages
    8,266 Likes Received
    I know.
    Just responding to both of you but this isn't twitter so no group quote.

A lot of people seem to be down-rating KD but the guy is a sharp shooting 7'1". Even if he is limited in mobility he's better than Melo who was the prior star FA and face of the franchise.

uvaballa likes this.
  6. CalPolyTechnique

10,466 Messages
    14,696 Likes Received
    Dubs traded Damian Jones + a 2nd rounder to the Hawks for F/C Omari Spellman.

I liked the way Jones was developing but apparently the Warriors weren’t convinced his instincts developed enough after three years (based on one report from a local outlet).

I know nothing about Spellman.

7. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Well-Known Member

1,842 Messages
    564 Likes Received
    I agree on the players running the NBA but my theory that most of these I wanna play with so and so blah blah blah are or were part of the USA team.

They probably have so much fun practicing and playing together going against good competition unlike the all-star game that those same players build bonds with one another to where they think their personal and professional relationship can carry over to the NBA. I mean these guys do practice and play international games with each other for 3 years.

8. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

26,879 Messages
    8,266 Likes Received
    team usa, mcdonalds all-americans, aau teams. the cream almost always plays together. see duke last season with barrett, reddish and zion.

9. thebigeasy88

thebigeasy88 Well-Known Member

1,038 Messages
    1,399 Likes Received
    I'm looking forward to the day when the Nets & this boob come to the Garden. If I was a betting man, I'd say that he won't be making the trip due to 'personal' issues. AKA...he's afraid of getting his butt kicked by the faithful. :D

10. Johnny23

Johnny23 Well-Known Member

1,460 Messages
    1,053 Likes Received
    Yeah I had a feeling them getting the exact player and position help they needed at center was the mission piece. He really showed how underrated he has been with his great rebounding and passing for a big and getting big buckets when needed. Plus like Pau he is such a good dude. I will admit I was pulling for Toronto with my Bulls way outta it because of guys like Gasol and Siakum. Love his story...

darthseinfeld likes this.
  11. darthseinfeld

darthseinfeld Today's Winner Of The Internet

14,478 Messages
    13,181 Likes Received
    By all means Kyrie call the " Fit in, dont fit out" guy about leadership. If he tells you to marginalize all of their accomplishments without you, make sure you do it in the press

12. Johnny23

Johnny23 Well-Known Member

1,460 Messages
    1,053 Likes Received
    He is a disciple of Kobe Bryant. Which speaks volumes when you think about it.

13. uvaballa

uvaballa Well-Known Member

2,343 Messages
    1,664 Likes Received
    Yeah NBA fans are different than the older football fans.

14. CalPolyTechnique

10,466 Messages
    14,696 Likes Received
    In what sense?

15. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

12,062 Messages
    5,357 Likes Received
    Russell Westbrook to the Rockets

Should be interesting. Basically a Chris Paul for Westbrook swap. Future firsts included as well

16. coogrfan

coogrfan Well-Known Member

2,651 Messages
    1,286 Likes Received
    [​IMG]

17. CowboysRock1980

CowboysRock1980 Active Member

186 Messages
    101 Likes Received
    Bad trade by Thunder, they could have done better

Cover 2 likes this.
  18. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

12,406 Messages
    14,304 Likes Received
    2 firsts and the option to swap firsts in two other drafts? Don't see how.

19. CowboysRock1980

CowboysRock1980 Active Member

186 Messages
    101 Likes Received
    I mean get a better player than Paul plus those picks are so far away

20. triplets_93

triplets_93 Well-Known Member

508 Messages
    869 Likes Received
    Westbrook & Hardin

dreghorn2 and darthseinfeld like this.