NBA Offseason

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The Bulls has one of the youngest rosters in the league last year.

Up front, WCJ is 20. Lauri is 22. Gafford is 20. Feliciano isn’t good (27). Kornet is 24.

They needed a reliable veteran upfront. He’s going to get plenty of playing time. Might not be a major needle mover, but will provide consistency with a largely unproven frontcourt.
For me it's just a weird use of cap space.
3 year deal for a 31 year old when you are probably a bottom 10 club.
Gnerally you see those teams treade off vets to tank.
He is rock solid and it's not bad value but just an odd fit at 14.5m per for 3 years.
But yea it may well really pay off if he teaches the young guys how to be pros.
Or maybe he'll get traded in 4 months and brign back some more young prospects.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
For me it's just a weird use of cap space.
3 year deal for a 31 year old when you are probably a bottom 10 club.
Gnerally you see those teams treade off vets to tank.
He is rock solid and it's not bad value but just an odd fit at 14.5m per for 3 years.
But yea it may well really pay off if he teaches the young guys how to be pros.
Or maybe he'll get traded in 4 months and brign back some more young prospects.
That last point could why its not a bad use of space. Could be an asset to a contender at the deadline

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
That last point could why its not a bad use of space. Could be an asset to a contender at the deadline
True story.
I mostly was looking at it as say the 7th worst team becomes the 10th or 11th worst and losing a lotto shot at #1 overall but asset collection is always a good thing.
But again this wasnt meant as some spicy take or to be railing on Chi-town just my 30 second overview of each team's off-season moves.
C for me means average not bad.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Sixers sign Trey Burke to fill a need for a scorer off the bench. Will compete with Neto for backup PG minutes. Solid pickup for the good guys.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Boogie out with ACL tear is brutal.
Hate it for him but I think he was close to done anyway based off last year's mobility.

Wonder if Lakers sign Mejri or an older vet like Dwight? Woul;dn;t that be crazy if they brought Howard back.