NBA Playoffs 2023

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
My version of "truckin' with the NBA is occasionally checking box scores. I haven't watched even two minutes of a game in a long time.
I'm here. As a kid I was so hooked with the Lakers/Celtics rivals and 76ers, etc. Then came Jordan and the Bulls. It was when Sacramento got screwed by the refs playing the Lakers that I decided the NBA was more wrestling than anything and there was too much not above board. LeBron gets on every nerve too and expects people just to give him everything or he leaves. I pay attention to scores but don't watch games.

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
Go Lakers, I love watching LeBron shut the haters up again and again and again. Some people just can't appreciate greatness, sad.

ESisback

Reaction score
Go Lakers, I love watching LeBron shut the haters up again and again and again. Some people just can't appreciate greatness, sad.
But it’s more than stats to be the GOAT. People have to like you, and too many people despise him. He needs constant attention and validation, and the ENDLESS media fawning is mega-annoying.

The Celtics have 18 Championships too, but all you hear about on the sports shows is the LA Lebrons.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
It's not that he isn't great. He's just a crybaby who needs attention. None of the other greats sit there and tell people they are great. He has to all the time. This is a guy who left his hometown to join a super team, had a pep rally predicting 7 titles and then wet the bed against Dirk and a bunch of dudes while chewing his nails during timeouts. Sorry but you lost the greatest there. Jordan never did that and he doesn't talk about his greatness. He deserves to be appreciated but he makes it so hard. I'd like Kobe and his competitiveness over him.

ESisback

Reaction score
It's not that he isn't great. He's just a crybaby who needs attention. None of the other greats sit there and tell people they are great. He has to all the time. This is a guy who left his hometown to join a super team, had a pep rally predicting 7 titles and then wet the bed against Dirk and a bunch of dudes while chewing his nails during timeouts. Sorry but you lost the greatest there. Jordan never did that and he doesn't talk about his greatness. He deserves to be appreciated but he makes it so hard. I'd like Kobe and his competitiveness over him.
If they said pick your top ten, I’d go…

Jordan
Magic
Bird
Kobe
Wilt
Shaq
Kareem
Curry
Russell
Duncan/Nowitski

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
People calling Lebron great ...... At the end of game I saw him miss multiple free throws and lose the ball.

Hmmm

T-RO

Reaction score
It was when Sacramento got screwed by the refs playing the Lakers
Exactly. One of many contrived results in the league's "rich history"

Didn't watch the game tonight, but looking at the box score...that's one of the most epic lines I've ever seen by Jokic.

12-17 FG
3-3 3PT
34 Pts
21 Rebounds
14 Assists
2 Blocks

:oops:

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Joker finally going to prove his legend this year and win it all. Good for him.

AyeAtey

Reaction score
In series with Lakers, Nikola looks, slow, lethargic, has no moves or quickness.

6'11" plays on top, when in paint does the Curry floaters, slam the damn thing.

MVP? Not showing it yet.

Thank goodness for Murray. Would like to see Joker get a little more involved scoring.

To me, what a disappointment.

ESisback

Reaction score
Even with the aid of 12 extra Free Throws, the LA Lebrons lose at home by double digits! Love it!

Last edited:

T-RO

Reaction score
Even with the aid of 12 extra Free Throws, the LA Lebrons lose at home by double digits! Love it!
Heard the fraud league and their minion refs tried to get the Joker in foul trouble early, push their beloved Lakers. Glad to see that effort failed.

I kinda view the league and LeBron the same: without soul or moral fiber. Bling without a beating heart for anything but its own profit and vanity. Corrupted to the core.

ESisback

Reaction score
Heard the fraud league and their minion refs tried to get the Joker in foul trouble early, push their beloved Lakers. Glad to see that effort failed.

I kinda view the league and LeBron the same: without soul or moral fiber. Bling without a beating heart for anything but its own profit and vanity. Corrupted to the core.
Yeah, and I was naive enough to think if LA got eliminated, we’d FINALLY get a break from the nonstop, 24/7, Lebronathon on every sports channel, but you know what? They’ll just continue—Lebron’s legacy, what will he do next year, will they rebuild or will he build a new super team elsewhere, blah blah blah, and they’ll continue that until the transition to the next Big Hype—that college kid, what’s-his-name…

ghst187

Reaction score

Poetry!

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Denver versus Miami will be wild.

Lakers deserve TONS of kudos for rebuilding in-season but they are not in Denver's league.
Going to be a team to watch in the off-season.
Gotta scramble to keep youngs that helped them ascend to WCF.

Play-in plus Miami and LA have really made this a wild playoff run. Good for the league.

T-RO

Reaction score
Took a sec on twitter to see what fans are talking about.

It's an endless stream of confirmation why I shouldn't waste time watching.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
All I do with the NBA now is look at occasional box scores. The league lost me.
That’s baseball for me. NBA is still great although golden age has passed. Baseball with no concept of a cap, can’t control player unions, steroids stealing signals or some constant controversy, starting pitchers that don’t even go 5 innings now, won’t elect their best players to Hall of Fame, just a joke. Not to mention boring.