NBA Playoffs 2023

ESisback

Reaction score
There’s always cries of cheating. Boston SHOULD win. They are the better team.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
This is when I miss NBC and ABC showing all the games starting from the conference finals. Back in the day, memorial day games were 6pm eastern so the entire nation can watch it.

T-RO

Reaction score
There’s always cries of cheating. Boston SHOULD win. They are the better team.

Boston got more free throws every game I think, even in game seven. All manner of calls.

Still, Game 7 wasn't close.

ESisback

Reaction score
Boston got more free throws every game I think, even in game seven. All manner of calls.

Still, Game 7 wasn't close.
And yet I stand by my last comment. While Boston DOES enjoy “favored status”, the LA Lebrons stand alone as the most assisted.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It was a fun comback attempt, but Boston needs to take a real look at where they are. Losing to an 8 seed is inexcusable

T-RO

Reaction score
I don't have cable, nor have any subscription services to watch the playoffs... nor motivation to watch.

I do hope to see the craft of beautiful basketball to be celebrated. Hope Denver and Jokic put on a show. I'll be eager to watch post game highlights and gawk at the box scores. :cool:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't have cable, nor have any subscription services to watch the playoffs... nor motivation to watch.

I do hope to see the craft of beautiful basketball to be celebrated. Hope Denver and Jokic put on a show. I'll be eager to watch post game highlights and gawk at the box scores. :cool:
Id be happy either way. Id love to see Joker get a chip and cement himself as a great. Im also a Butler guy and have a huge amount of respect for him

Maybe happy isn't the right word as a Celtics fan lol

T-RO

Reaction score
Id be happy either way. Id love to see Joker get a chip and cement himself as a great. Im also a Butler guy and have a huge amount of respect for him

Maybe happy isn't the right word as a Celtics fan lol
Butler deserves high respect. Extreme respect. And Miami's fight from their low seeding makes them a darling underdog.

But Denver is playing basketball like high art. You never know what's going to happen next and it's jaw-dropping. It's basketball sex.

ESisback

Reaction score
The majority of the MSM (including people like Joy Taylor) will push for Miami. A guy like Joker doesn’t fit their agenda. He’s not trendy and flashy. A big WHITE guy dominating?!?

Motorola

Reaction score

NBA Finals have been on ABC since early 2000s. So it will be shown on your local ABC affliate station.

T-RO

Reaction score
NBA Finals have been on ABC since early 2000s. So it will be shown on your local ABC affliate station.
Honestly, I just don't care to watch that much NBA. 5-10 minutes YT highlights and the box score...and I'm good.

I'm the same with the NFL, though I watch a lot more. I rarely watch live. NFL+ for commercial free condensed games or sometimes just highlights. Maybe I'm goofy, but that's just what works for me.

T-RO

Reaction score
In tonight’s Heat/Nuggets, Nikola Jokic blocked a shot by Nikola Jovic.

Interesting.
Not sure what that was?

Had my little 10 minute sherbet ice cream serving of hoops. Highlights/box. Smooth and tasty.

Only surprise for me was how well Adebayo looked. Very smooth, explosive and productive player. But he ain't the Joker.

Hard to see Miami keep it competitive.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
The majority of the MSM (including people like Joy Taylor) will push for Miami. A guy like Joker doesn’t fit their agenda. He’s not trendy and flashy. A big WHITE guy dominating?!?
Sounds like you’re purely interested in it because he’s a dominant white guy.

ESisback

Reaction score
Sounds like you’re purely interested in it because he’s a dominant white guy.
Nope! Just pointing out a reality. A dominant white guy is a rarity, and let’s be honest—many of the “experts” roll their eyes or kind of ignore it. They’d rather do hourly Lebron updates.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Nope! Just pointing out a reality. A dominant white guy is a rarity, and let’s be honest—many of the “experts” roll their eyes or kind of ignore it. They’d rather do hourly Lebron updates.
Yeah, let’s be honest, you’re literally pulling this out of thin air based on what you collectively think their doing. Unless of course you have some sort of proof.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
BTW, Jokic has won the last two league MVP award. That award is voted on by a panel of sportswriters and journalists aka the media.

Last edited: