NBA playoffs Mavs vs Spurs

MegaMagick

Reaction score
The Dallas Mavericks are the softest team in the NBA combined with the fact they are also one of the weakest teams mentally. If the spurs even managed to get to the NBA finals(Which i doubt) you'd probably be eaten up by Orlando or Cleveland. I don't think a 7th seed has ever gone on to do anything meaningful in the playoffs(winning 1 series isn't meaningful).

For someone who wants to win and takes losing so hard Mark Cuban sure fails at building a winning franchise. How the hell can you foul up so bad and hire RC and Avery Johnson as coaches? SMH.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
MegaMagick;3382625 said:
The Dallas Mavericks are the softest team in the NBA combined with the fact they are also one of the weakest teams mentally. If the spurs even managed to get to the NBA finals(Which i doubt) you'd probably be eaten up by Orlando or Cleveland. I don't think a 7th seed has ever gone on to do anything meaningful in the playoffs(winning 1 series isn't meaningful).

For someone who wants to win and takes losing so hard Mark Cuban sure fails at building a winning franchise. How the hell can you foul up so bad and hire RC and Avery Johnson as coaches? SMH.

A 7th seed never won a 7 round playoff series till tonight, so they've already achieved the impossible :p lol

HardHittin'Witten

This ain't Madden
Reaction score
2v1b7h3.jpg

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
dargonking999;3382633 said:
A 7th seed never won a 7 round playoff series till tonight, so they've already achieved the impossible :p lol

What do these things have in common?

golf_gregnorman.jpg

60-125.jpg

weird-people-fat-guy-eating-huge-ha.jpg

dallas_mavericks_logo_yyq7.png

All guaranteed to choke!

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
zrinkill;3382617 said:
http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v210/zrinkill/cuban.gif

Hey Mark, could you hate the Spurs any more than you do already?

Do you think you're team will ever win a championship?

Will five strippers be enough to keep you warm tonight?

Was letting Steve Nash go to Phoenix a good idea?

Was it a good idea to continually call out the officials?

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
Radio says that in the 4th quarter that Pop called a time out and ripped the team a new one. He screams, "The next **** that misses a free throw buys me a new car!"

Timmah walks by coming out of the time out, "What color do you want it?"

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;3382653 said:
Radio says that in the 4th quarter that Pop called a time out and ripped the team a new one. He screams, "The next **** that misses a free throw buys me a new car!"

Timmah walks by coming out of the time out, "What color do you want it?"

:lmao2:

MegaMagick

Reaction score
"Hey Mark, could you hate the Spurs any more than you do already?" I don't see how anyone can hate the spurs, they win, but they lack personality. I would think most people including Cuban would be indifferent towards the spurs and their multiple titles.

"Do you think you're team will ever win a championship?" Mark Cuban doesn't really care, at least he can put up a division banner and call it a season.

"Will five strippers be enough to keep you warm tonight?" It's a good thing that Cuban is a Billionaire, he can afford any man or woman he wants to and when he loses NBA playoff series he can cry himself to sleep on a huge bed made of money.

"Was letting Steve Nash go to Phoenix a good idea?" Steve Nash is a loser, one more loser to add to a group of losers only makes the group of losers a bigger group of losers. We don't need another loser to add to this group of losers.

"Was it a good idea to continually call out the officials?" Mark Cuban can call out whoever he wants to, Refs have to much of an impact on the games anyway, just let the players play.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
MegaMagick;3382658 said:
"Hey Mark, could you hate the Spurs any more than you do already?" I don't see how anyone can hate the spurs, they win, but they lack personality. I would think most people including Cuban would be indifferent towards the spurs and their multiple titles.

I can taste the bitterness.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
MegaMagick;3382625 said:

Spurs obviously face an uphill battle in trying to win a Championship... that said, you can't just dismiss them as your typical 7-seed.

The core of this team has 10 rings between them and the role players they added this year are finally starting to click.

This is a team that is not afraid to play on the road and is not going to be surprised or over-awed by anything or any team they face in this playoffs.

Will they win the whole thing? Probably not. But they're far more likely to than your average low-seeded team.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
What a great series....aside from the debacle of no effort from the Spurs in game 5. The other 5 games were awesome.

In the 4 games the Spurs won, the Mavs scored 90, 89, 88, and 87.....for an average of 88 pts in those loses...meanwhile the Spurs scored over 90 in every single one of those game. Not too shabby for an old team.

I will say Carlisle deserves a lot of credit for the loss. Benching Butler was stupid. Not playing BooBoo more was stupid. Giving Marion minutes over either of these two was stupid. Also, why not use Stevenson more? He may not be the best offensive option, but he is pretty good on defense. He couldnt have done worse than Marion or Barea.

As for the Spurs, I doubt we see Mason get any significant time the rest of the year, aside from garbage minutes. I have given up on seeing Ian get any minutes other than garbage time. Hairston is stuck in street clothes. I just hope when Ian leaves after the season, that he doesnt go to the Suns....look out if he goes to OKC.

I love beating the Mavs.....now it is most likely on to another team I love to beat, the Suns. It will be another tough series, but I feel the Spurs should win.

GO SPURS GO

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
MegaMagick;3382658 said:

Cuban said before the series started that he hated San Antonio, and he hated the Spurs.

To him I say, "Suck these little Chinese ****!"

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Officiating is a common complaint of fans from all NBA teams. In my opinion, this is due to the overly subjective nature of the fouls. It's as if every penalty in the NBA is like pass interference -- whether or not it's called depends entirely upon the mood and perspective of the ref at that moment.

As a Spurs fan, I can remember becoming very frustrated during those conference finals bouts with the Lakers.

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
Biggems;3382666 said:
What a great series....aside from the debacle of no effort from the Spurs in game 5. The other 5 games were awesome.

In the 4 games the Spurs won, the Mavs scored 90, 89, 88, and 87.....for an average of 88 pts in those loses...meanwhile the Spurs scored over 90 in every single one of those game. Not too shabby for an old team.

I will say Carlisle deserves a lot of credit for the loss. Benching Butler was stupid. Not playing BooBoo more was stupid. Giving Marion minutes over either of these two was stupid. Also, why not use Stevenson more? He may not be the best offensive option, but he is pretty good on defense. He couldnt have done worse than Marion or Barea.

As for the Spurs, I doubt we see Mason get any significant time the rest of the year, aside from garbage minutes. I have given up on seeing Ian get any minutes other than garbage time. Hairston is stuck in street clothes. I just hope when Ian leaves after the season, that he doesnt go to the Suns....look out if he goes to OKC.

I love beating the Mavs.....now it is most likely on to another team I love to beat, the Suns. It will be another tough series, but I feel the Spurs should win.

GO SPURS GO

What did Dallas average during the regular season? Something like 102-106 points per game? Spurs defense came to play folks.

Something was also mentioned on the radio was Steve Nash. The whole world knows the man can't play defense to save his Canadian bacon. The Suns have done well to hide this fact in the past by putting him on Bruce Bowen who was never much of an offensive threat.

Now we've got George Hill coming out of nowhere, shutting down Jason Kidd. Hill is a threat from anywhere on the court and now Nash is going to have his hands more than full with this next series if they hold on and knock out Portland tonight.

San Antonio vs. Phoenix, Spurs in 5.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
Great series and a nice bit of payback! Do not underestimate the Spurs! This team has plenty in the tank.

Hard to believe the Mavs have 10 straight seasons of 50 + wins and absolutely nothing to show for it. But it does make me laugh.

GO SPURS GO!!!

MC KAos

Reaction score
MegaMagick;3382625 said:

well i dont know about a 7 seed, but an 8 seed has made it to the finals (to get beat by the spurs ironically)

MegaMagick;3382658 said:
"Was letting Steve Nash go to Phoenix a good idea?" Steve Nash is a loser, one more loser to add to a group of losers only makes the group of losers a bigger group of losers. We don't need another loser to add to this group of losers.

i actually agree with u, he has 0 series wins vs the spurs, the mavs at least have 2. nash hasnt made it to the finals and the mavs at least did that. Nash has always guarded bowen when playing the spurs because he wasnt much of a threat, now who is he gonna guard? hill? parker? jefferson? ginobili? he is gonna get exposed (not saying the suns cant or wont win the series, just that nash is overrated)

Biggems;3382666 said:

GO SPURS GO

this will be the toughest suns team we will face this decade imo, it will be a tough series. btw i hope not to see mason OR bonner again in any sort of real playing time, they are both terrible at everything but 3s and they are failing at that in the playoffs

MC KAos

Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;3382672 said:
What did Dallas average during the regular season? Something like 102-106 points per game? Spurs defense came to play folks.

Something was also mentioned on the radio was Steve Nash. The whole world knows the man can't play defense to save his Canadian bacon. The Suns have done well to hide this fact in the past by putting him on Bruce Bowen who was never much of an offensive threat.

Now we've got George Hill coming out of nowhere, shutting down Jason Kidd. Hill is a threat from anywhere on the court and now Nash is going to have his hands more than full with this next series if they hold on and knock out Portland tonight.

San Antonio vs. Phoenix, Spurs in 5.

i agree with the assesment on nash, but i just dont see the spurs winning in five, i think it will be tough because the suns actually play decent defense now, its gonna be a battle

phillycowboyslover;3382673 said:
Great series and a nice bit of payback! Do not underestimate the Spurs! This team has plenty in the tank.

Hard to believe the Mavs have 10 straight seasons of 50 + wins and absolutely nothing to show for it. But it does make me laugh.

GO SPURS GO!!!

lol ya it was hillarious to see the list of longest 50+ streaks and titles...

current spurs = 4 titles
80s lakers = 5 titles
80s celtics = 3 titles
current mavs 0 titles :lmao2: