NBA playoffs Mavs vs Spurs

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
peplaw06;3383146 said:
I have to agree. BUT.... I think they have the makings of a few guys who could turn into that.

But that ***** ***** of an owner that you guys have will never let that happen. He does not have the patience or intelligence to let a team grow.

He puts himself out there ..... talks an endless amount of trash ......gets embarrassed when they lose .....and takes it out on the team and coaches.

He is Danny Snyder of the NBA ...... but worse.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Dirk had the best bench in the Playoffs in 2005 and was up 2-0 before thing went down hill.

Dirk doesn't have the killer instinct, never developed a strong post game and not very good at driving to the bucket when his jumper is off, to help get others in foul trouble and gain some confidence.

I forgot what year and series it was, but when he we played the Spurs and he came out and told the press that he knows he isn't going to score a lot points when Bruce Bowen guards him, that told me all I needed to know about his mental strength.

He is an extremely talented player but he lacks some of the intangibles to get it done.

BTW, the Mavericks were garbage before Mark Cuban came on the scene, so I don't put the blame at his feet.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;3383253 said:
Dirk had the best bench in the Playoffs in 2005 and was up 2-0 before thing went down hill.

Dirk doesn't have the killer instinct, never developed a strong post game and not very good at driving to the bucket when his jumper is off, to help get others in foul trouble and gain some confidence.

I forgot what year and series it was, but when he we played the Spurs and he came out and told the press that he knows he isn't going to score a lot points when Bruce Bowen guards him, that told me all I needed to know about his mental strength.

He is an extremely talented player but he lacks some of the intangibles to get it done.

BTW, the Mavericks were garbage before Mark Cuban came on the scene, so I don't put the blame at his feet.
True about Cuban.

Also true about Dirk and Bowen way back when. The current Dirk would dominate Bowen though...he has improved dramatically since then vs thouse types of players. Dirk improved on specific areas of his game every season that he's been in the league. But what you said was true regarding his comments on Bowen.

DFWJC

Reaction score
peplaw06;3383146 said:
I have to agree. BUT.... I think they have the makings of a few guys who could turn into that. I really like Butler and Beaubois. I think Butler asserted himself in Game 5 and if Roddy gets some experience next year. I'm way more confident in those guys than Jet and Marion. Kidd's never going to score enough to lead in that way, but he's plenty good in other areas.

But Roddy... his speed alone can change a game entirely. Him and Dirk almost single-handedly brought them back last night. Dirk doesn't deserve all the blame. He went off in the 3rd quarter, when he stopped fouling and stayed on the floor.
Roddy will be an all star for sure. I know he was a rook, but the kid should had gotten more minutes in this series.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
DFWJC;3383306 said:
Roddy will be an all star for sure. I know he was a rook, but the kid should had gotten more minutes in this series.

FREE RODDY!!! Would have been a different series if Roddy would have played the entire thing.

Does it mean Dallas wins...who knows, but I would have liked their chances.

I just don't understand Rick's thinking here. You have Parker and Manure going to the basket at will because no one can stay in front of them. You have a PG (Kidd) that can't score, a SG (Terry) that is either hot as an offensive player or completely useless, and a SF (Marion) that is an ageing good defensive player, but can't create his own shot.

On on the bench, you have a quick PG/SG who can create his own shot, hit the 3 w/ a high %, and can stay in front of guy and create steals. So what if he's a rookie....FREE RODDY!!!

MC KAos

Reaction score
So when are the mavs gonna trade Roddy B for and over the hill player? :}

Alumni2k11

Old Dominion University (Class of 2011)
Reaction score
http://img291.*************/img291/9360/chokem.jpg