NBA playoffs Mavs vs Spurs

Reaction score
:lmao2: @ Mark Cuban's face when the Spurs were up by 8 points with 1:30 left in the game... Classic pie in the face moment.

juck

Reaction score
Lakers vs Cavs. Spurs go nowhere.
DIRK is still great. Mavs team chokes,similiar to the COWBOYS. Must be something in Dallas water. I hope DIRK goes elsewhere.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
juck;3382700 said:
DIRK is still great. Mavs team chokes,similiar to the COWBOYS. Must be something in Dallas water. I hope DIRK goes elsewhere.

Dirk played great, but he usually does. He's not going anywhere and while he wants to win a championship, I think he'll probably just hang around in Dallas and hope that eventually he gets another shot at one before he retires.

Roddy B needs to be a much bigger part of this thing going into the future than he was this year. Like tonight, he was part of the spark that got them back into it and then he got put on the bench until the game was basically over. Carlisle's timeout management and player rotation were pretty damn spotty this whole series.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
juck;3382700 said:

Go Juck yourself.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
This series reminded me of how much I can't stand Shawn Marion.

He shoots jumpers like a high school girl.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
the Mavs are pitaful - Dirk one of the biggest cry babies in the league

the should have won it years ago againest Maimi

the should have kept Don Nelson

Dallas lost in the first round for the third time in four years

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
My Preseason prediction of a Spurs vs. Magic Finals is still alive! The Spurs are going to be a tough out.

One Spurs player's quote on Dirk:
"He's bleeping amazing," one Spur said. "Dirk doesn't deserve the crap he gets."

Any person that was realistically looking at this series would say that the Spurs had four of the top five players and that the Mavs would have been the lucky team to advance (sorry Mavs fans, just being truthful). Dirk gave it his all. As far as I'm concerned, he can suit up for the Orlando Magic anytime.

juck

Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;3382707 said:
Yep. He can change cities and teams anytime.
I been a cowboy fan since 5,but a mav fan since Nash and Dirk. If Dirk leaves I leave.He is a consumate humble professional.Who is a great player.

juck

Reaction score
Ozzu;3382704 said:
Dirk played great, but he usually does. He's not going anywhere and while he wants to win a championship, I think he'll probably just hang around in Dallas and hope that eventually he gets another shot at one before he retires.

Roddy B needs to be a much bigger part of this thing going into the future than he was this year. Like tonight, he was part of the spark that got them back into it and then he got put on the bench until the game was basically over. Carlisle's timeout management and player rotation were pretty damn spotty this whole series.

Carlisle sucks and he can take JET with him.O and that midget JJB as well.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
juck;3382855 said:
Carlisle sucks and he can take JET with him.O and that midget JJB as well.

Phil Jackson is in the final year of his contract and there have been some hints by the Lakers and Phil that he may move on after this season. If that is the case, I can't see Mark Cuban not going after him. I know Jackson has said that he couldn't work under Cuban, but he also trashed Kobe Bryant once upon a time and came back to coach him. Money talks and Cuban has a lot of it.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
juck;3382854 said:
I been a cowboy fan since 5,but a mav fan since Nash and Dirk. If Dirk leaves I leave.He is a consumate humble professional.Who is a great player.

He is also a crybaby, mentally weak and not an effective leader.

We've had several coaches, brought in different players around Dirk and yet we get the same results.

I'm not saying you cut the guy loose, I'm just saying, at some point you have to realize Dirk is not going to lead you to a championship when he is the best player on the team.

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
This seems to happen every year. The Mavs are just a soft team. They have been for years.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Ozzu;3382704 said:

I'll never understand why Roddy didn't play more minutes in this series.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I am gonna have to defend Dirk here ...... as much as I hate to do it.

Dirk has guys on his team who disappear during big moments of a series.

The difference in the cast around Dirk and the Casts around these champions

Jordan
Magic
Bird
Olajuwon
Shaq
Kobe
Duncan

Is that all these champions had guys who played better during big games.

The only person who was helping Dirk last night was that little french kid.

Marion, Kid, Terry always disappear at the worst times and they always will.

Tim Duncan had Ginobli, Parker, and that kid Hill has taken Bruce Bowens place as the 4th guy who contributes.

Until they surround Dirk with players who are leaders in their own right ..... he will never be able to win a championship.

Dirk needs to come to the Spurs and Win a championship ...... just like Finley did ..... ;)

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Have to agree Dirk isnt the guy who completely disappeared in this series, Terry, Kid and Marion are.

Their coach pulls the hottest player on the court in the second half. The Spurs had no answer for Roddy's quickness, he pushed the pace and was creating easy baskets.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Doomsday;3382958 said:
Their coach pulls the hottest player on the court in the second half. The Spurs had no answer for Roddy's quickness, he pushed the pace and was creating easy baskets.

Unfortunately for the Mavs ..... they could never make a stop when they had the lead.

So it would not have mattered.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
From another board. This is for the series:

Dirk: 27/8/3 55%/57%95% shooting

Kidd: 8 on 30%/32% shooting
Butler: 20 on 43%/28% shooting
Marion: 9 on 41%/0% shooting
Terry: 13 on 38%/39% shooting

What a LOADED cast! Two "stars" shooting under 40% with less than 10 PPG. Not one of these "stars" can even shoot 44%!

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
zrinkill;3382950 said:
I am gonna have to defend Dirk here ...... as much as I hate to do it.

Dirk has guys on his team who disappear during big moments of a series.

The difference in the cast around Dirk and the Casts around these champions

Jordan
Magic
Bird
Olajuwon
Shaq
Kobe
Duncan

Is that all these champions had guys who played better during big games.

The only person who was helping Dirk last night was that little french kid.

Marion, Kid, Terry always disappear at the worst times and they always will.

Tim Duncan had Ginobli, Parker, and that kid Hill has taken Bruce Bowens place as the 4th guy who contributes.

Until they surround Dirk with players who are leaders in their own right ..... he will never be able to win a championship.

Dirk needs to come to the Spurs and Win a championship ...... just like Finley did ..... ;)

I have to agree. BUT.... I think they have the makings of a few guys who could turn into that. I really like Butler and Beaubois. I think Butler asserted himself in Game 5 and if Roddy gets some experience next year. I'm way more confident in those guys than Jet and Marion. Kidd's never going to score enough to lead in that way, but he's plenty good in other areas.

But Roddy... his speed alone can change a game entirely. Him and Dirk almost single-handedly brought them back last night. Dirk doesn't deserve all the blame. He went off in the 3rd quarter, when he stopped fouling and stayed on the floor.