NBA Playoffs

Nav22

Reaction score
If the Celtics can keep their core together they could be next.
Doubtful. Tatum, Brown and Smart are a nice trio but they aren’t revolutionizing the league the way Steph, Klay and Draymond did.

Tatum’s more Jimmy Butler/Devin Booker than Giannis/KD - a very good star, not a generational superstar.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Doubtful. Tatum, Brown and Smart are a nice trio but they aren’t revolutionizing the league the way Steph, Klay and Draymond did.

Tatum’s more Jimmy Butler/Devin Booker than Giannis/KD - a very good star, not a generational superstar.
They look much better setup than most teams at the moment. Fans are high on the Mavs but I like the Celtics core more because they actually play defense and can score.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Herro playing tonight. Being 3-4 at home since the Brooklyn series, I almost feel better playing game 7 in Miami than game 6 in Boston. I do still see Miami taking it tonight though

Nav22

Reaction score
They look much better setup than most teams at the moment. Fans are high on the Mavs but I like the Celtics core more because they actually play defense and can score.
Oh yeah, I could see Boston winning a title at some point with these guys.

But only truly special teams become dynasties... I don’t see that in Boston’s future.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Butler, smh.

That was not the shot you needed. Would have like to have seen him take that to rim. He’s been killin them on drives and finishing.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just so happy there right now. 3 ECF losses in 5 years takes its toll. I think we will need a legandary series to get the banner, but it's a good stepping stone nonetheless

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

But only truly special teams become dynasties... I don’t see that in Boston’s future.
I can see a Spurs Light thing. Similar style and construct. Spurs had a tendency to win it all when there wasnt a dominant team. I could see Boston getting a banner or two that way

ESisback

Reaction score
Boston is about team chemistry and defense, which usually makes them underdogs.

Boston has 17 Championships! Hope they ad another!

ESisback

Reaction score

I don’t see ANY truly special teams in the NBA these days!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Warriors are about as special as they come . A true dynasty this era appearing in 6 of the last 8 NBA Finals .

And facing the Celtics who seek to win their 18th title. Should be a great series.

AyeAtey

Reaction score
Nice give and take on First Talk this morning. Lots of information, insight and opinions.

SAS:Warriors
Stoudemire:Celtics
Perkins:Celtics

uvaballa

Reaction score
I can see a Spurs Light thing. Similar style and construct. Spurs had a tendency to win it all when there wasnt a dominant team. I could see Boston getting a banner or two that way
I agree, they’re setup as good or better than anyone else going forward.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Gratz to both Finals teams.
Should be a fun one.

GSW offense versus BOS defense.
With the inverse being just as interesting.

2 of my fave non-Mavs teams to watch.

I personally enjoy the NBA more; and it seems viewers agree with me given the ratings, when there is not a dominant type dynasty team.
And if a team wasn't a top 6 seed last year they are certainly not a dynasty this year.

I lean slightly to GSW because they just find a way to score in 95% of the games.
BOS reminds me a deeper DAL team.
Really good team that plays really hard but can hit some lulls in scoring when the 3s don't fall.

GSW in 7.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
People like the Mavs going forward because Luka is the single best player on these teams and in general the best player has won out in long haul.
BOS challenge will be paying and keeping everyone. They were a luxury tax team this year. And guys that make it this far generally expect raises sooner rather than later.
That gets nasty as repeat offender tag starts piling up. But outside of Horford all their guys are at peak ranges and should remain there 2-3 more years so a dynasty style run definitely is possible.

DAL is 2 years or so behind in their build for sure and they have no where near as good a roster as BOS right now.
All that said I'd have taken DAL over BOS in a series if both came in on the same rest.
Luka has played very well versus Boston for his career at ~27,7,7, and 1 steal on 52% FG% and 52% 3PT%

GSW is very interesting because they developed late first rounders in their 2 off years.
If you want a Spurs lite model is SAS and ex Pop- asst Kerr. Develop those draftees, move the ball on offense, play hard defense.
Klay is definitely not peak Klay but Poole was a glorious fine ready to take on a larger role.
All that said guys the age of Steph and Draymond and Klay tend to struggle the year after a long playoff run.
Will be interesting to see GSW balance loyalty to its' dynasty stars of the past and it's short-term futures.

uvaballa

Reaction score
People like the Mavs going forward because Luka is the single best player on these teams and in general the best player has won out in long haul.
BOS challenge will be paying and keeping everyone. They were a luxury tax team this year. And guys that make it this far generally expect raises sooner rather than later.
That gets nasty as repeat offender tag starts piling up. But outside of Horford all their guys are at peak ranges and should remain there 2-3 more years so a dynasty style run definitely is possible.

DAL is 2 years or so behind in their build for sure and they have no where near as good a roster as BOS right now.
All that said I'd have taken DAL over BOS in a series if both came in on the same rest.
Luka has played very well versus Boston for his career at ~27,7,7, and 1 steal on 52% FG% and 52% 3PT%

GSW is very interesting because they developed late first rounders in their 2 off years.
If you want a Spurs lite model is SAS and ex Pop- asst Kerr. Develop those draftees, move the ball on offense, play hard defense.
Klay is definitely not peak Klay but Poole was a glorious fine ready to take on a larger role.
All that said guys the age of Steph and Draymond and Klay tend to struggle the year after a long playoff run.
Will be interesting to see GSW balance loyalty to its' dynasty stars of the past and it's short-term futures.
I Luka but I have him in the KD and Steph category. Great offensive guy but not great on D. He needs to be surrounded by more defensive guys and shooters.

Personally I like Tatum’s game more since he can put up 40 and play D. I’m more old school though and prefer mid range and driving over all these 3s.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Gratz to both Finals teams.
Should be a fun one.

GSW offense versus BOS defense.
With the inverse being just as interesting.

2 of my fave non-Mavs teams to watch.

I personally enjoy the NBA more; and it seems viewers agree with me given the ratings, when there is not a dominant type dynasty team.
And if a team wasn't a top 6 seed last year they are certainly not a dynasty this year.

I lean slightly to GSW because they just find a way to score in 95% of the games.
BOS reminds me a deeper DAL team.
Really good team that plays really hard but can hit some lulls in scoring when the 3s don't fall.

GSW in 7.
Boston is set up to have a pretty good offseason. Any post mortem they do if they lose they have the ability to address. They set up to chase Beal this offseason, and while they arent doing that its given them the financial flexibility to make roster moves. Horfords contract is only partially guaranteed and very tradeable. They also have 12 million and 17 million TPE's for Richardson and Fournier.

They arent asset rich however. But I don't think they need to be star chasing. Using the TPE's might be more the type of move they should be making. The Fournier TPE should get them another Derrick White tier player. Richardson played very well here, and we could use his TPE to bring him back. The preference in the fan base with Horford is to try and keep him at a lower salary as opposed to trading him. I dont how possible that is with NBA contracts