NBA Playoffs

Ren

Reaction score
Mavs tie Jazz without Luka, hopefully he’ll be back for game 3

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Celtics get 2-0 jump on Brooklyn. Durant and Irving go 8-30 from the field while Brooklyn collapses in the 4th

Grant Williams, 17 points on 4 shots :eek:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Embid is the most talented basketball player in the league, bar none. Crazy game tonight.
I think they finally have the right mix of players around him. Not just Harden, but Maxie is the type of G they have been trying to find for a while

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
I think they finally have the right mix of players around him. Not just Harden, but Maxie is the type of G they have been trying to find for a while

Yeah Maxey has been playing better than Harden tbh. Harden might be washed at this point. He's been bad. Just hope it doesn't cost us in the later rounds. But Maxey is a stud and Tobi has been playing very well too. He's completely shut down Siakem so far in this series.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah Maxey has been playing better than Harden tbh. Harden might be washed at this point. He's been bad. Just hope it doesn't cost us in the later rounds. But Maxey is a stud and Tobi has been playing very well too. He's completely shut down Siakem so far in this series.
Harris is alot better when you guys arent leaning on him for scoring as much

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
IF Sixers win Saturday vs Raptors, it will be their first sweep in a playoff series since Sir Charles Barkley was a rookie, 1985! :omg:
Embid is the most talented basketball player in the league, bar none. Crazy game tonight.
MVP all the way. The man plays hard all of the time.

Phillies Harper MLB 2021 MVP
Sixers Embiid NBA 2021-22 MVP

Has a nice ring doesn't it!

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If Ben Simmons plays game 4 and the Nets lose, apparently he will become the only player to be eliminated from the playoffs in two consecutive games

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
If Ben Simmons plays game 4 and the Nets lose, apparently he will become the only player to be eliminated from the playoffs in two consecutive games

Can't wait til they lose game 4 and Kyrie blames him for losing the series for them

ghst187

Reaction score
KD = choker. Never wins a championship without GS and will be relegated to tier 2 superstars status when he retires
Prove me wrong

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Golden State going to remind everyone they still have the championship nucleus along with several new superstar talents. My boy Steve Kerr going to do with them what his old Spurs did - Just when you thought they might be too old and done, here it comes again. They feel like the only one mowing through the first round. Watch out for the Warriors, especially now that Suns lost one of their best players.

Can the media stop giving the MVP to Joker? This will be like Steve Nash again if Joker repeats, overrated and going nowhere in the tourney. Embiid deserves it. Philly could have gone a lot different with the whole Ben Simmons drama and fiasco but he’s the reason it didn’t,

Starting to remind me of last year as team’s superstars go out one by one, and it’s a race of attrition to see if you can get them back - Middleton on the Bucks, Booker on the Suns, Doncic on the Mavs, Murray on the Nuggets, Capela on the Hawks, Simmons on the Nets, Lebron, Kawhi, and so on…. These guys get hurt more often than NFL players now. LOL

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Can't wait til they lose game 4 and Kyrie blames him for losing the series for them
It's gonna be an interesting offseason for them. They need an actual team around Kyrie/KD/Simmons and not a jersey collection of ex stars. Dragon is probably the only worth keeping

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Golden State going to remind everyone they still have the championship nucleus along with several new superstar talents. My boy Steve Kerr going to do with them what his old Spurs did - Just when you thought they might be too old and done, here it comes again. They feel like the only one mowing through the first round. Watch out for the Warriors, especially now that Suns lost one of their best players.

Can the media stop giving the MVP to Joker? This will be like Steve Nash again if Joker repeats, overrated and going nowhere in the tourney. Embiid deserves it. Philly could have gone a lot different with the whole Ben Simmons drama and fiasco but he’s the reason it didn’t,

Starting to remind me of last year as team’s superstars go out one by one, and it’s a race of attrition to see if you can get them back - Middleton on the Bucks, Booker on the Suns, Doncic on the Mavs, Murray on the Nuggets, Capela on the Hawks, Simmons on the Nets, Lebron, Kawhi, and so on…. These guys get hurt more often than NFL players now. LOL

I bet you haven't watched Jokic play more than a couple of games all season. The Nuggets are without their 2nd and 3rd best players and he carried them on his back the entire season shooting 58% to Embiid's 50% from the field, had 5 more assists a game, and had similar rebound numbers. Jokic with 37, 18, 8 in game 3 and 37, 8, 6 in game 4

The Nuggets would be one of the worse teams in the league without Jokic this season he deserves his 2nd MVP.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

I don’t know if I agree with the take on Joker. I’m a huge Dubs fan but he he’s been impressive and literally the only thing keeping them in games. He was absolutely pivotal in Denver’s win yesterday. His touch around the basketball from 10-15 feet in is phenomenal.

That said, I didn’t realize how unlikable Jokic was. He really is like a 7-foot Doncic or Harden the way he whines after every play that doesn’t go his way or feigning for calls.

Selling the foul is just sort of the accepted culture now, but there are some players that are over the top with it and it ruins the game for me.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Simmons pulling out of game 4. At this point I just feel really bad for Nets fans

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Durant opening a commanding lead over Nic Claxton in shots taken so far in game 4

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I bet you haven't watched Jokic play more than a couple of games all season. The Nuggets are without their 2nd and 3rd best players and he carried them on his back the entire season shooting 58% to Embiid's 50% from the field, had 5 more assists a game, and had similar rebound numbers. Jokic with 37, 18, 8 in game 3 and 37, 8, 6 in game 4

The Nuggets would be one of the worse teams in the league without Jokic this season he deserves his 2nd MVP.

Don’t disagree the Nuggets would stink it up without him, but still think Embiid deserves it this year. He lost his #2 too. 76ers are going at least one more round. Nuggets are dead, even if they pulled out that last win on the Warriors. Show me some rings. Or if he’s that good and deserves back-to-back MVPs, at least do a Lebron and make it to the Finals often.