NBA Playoffs

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think Ben Simmons may be cooked mentally.

It would not surprise me if he steps away from the NBA for good within the next two years. I don’t mean that derisively either.

The way he’s handled things is only putting more pressure and expectations on him to perform which he struggles with. Now he’s become a lightning rod for opposing fans and he will hear it for the rest of his career. It just does not look like the right recipe for someone with anxiety/mental health issues.
I think a year in some basketball Siberia may do him well. It helped Lonzo Ball get his career on track.

Being with Brooklyn definitely won't help, and that then add two of the more interesting stars in the NBA makes it even worse

ESisback

Reaction score
It’s because the Nets were effectively a failure. That is a major storyline.

That’s my point! Failure and disaster and controversy gets more coverage. Besides, they lost to a better team. It happens all the time. The story line SHOULD be “Look how good Boston is! They just swept a great team!” The Celtics have the league’s best defense and bench. The have a “big three” that scores, a very good coach and chemistry. Hell, six months ago the “experts” couldn’t stop fawning over the L.A. Lebrons. Hype kills.

Last edited:

ESisback

Reaction score
I think Ben Simmons may be cooked mentally.

It would not surprise me if he steps away from the NBA for good within the next two years. I don’t mean that derisively either.

The way he’s handled things is only putting more pressure and expectations on him to perform which he struggles with. Now he’s become a lightning rod for opposing fans and he will hear it for the rest of his career. It just does not look like the right recipe for someone with anxiety/mental health issues.
You nailed that one for sure!

ESisback

Reaction score
I think a year in some basketball Siberia may do him well. It helped Lonzo Ball get his career on track.

Being with Brooklyn definitely won't help, and that then add two of the more interesting stars in the NBA makes it even worse
True, but will anyone want him? He could poison a healthy team’s chemistry.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
True, but will anyone want him? He could poison a healthy team’s chemistry.
If they get to a point where they feel they need to just move on, and will take $.75 on the dollar, there will be interested teams. Probobly not teams in the top 5 of each conference, but 6th seed type teams on down would interested if the cost was low

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
I’ve seen a lot of things not called on both teams. But siakam is getting abused under the basket as well. I just think if you’re going to tell someone not to complain about officiating when things are going well you shouldn’t then complain about them when things aren’t going well. Good luck the rest of the way.

I know what you mean. Unfortunately it's just part of the gamesmanship at this point. Everyone does it. It's a bad look I agree. Good luck to you guys as well.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
He always does when things aren’t going his way. When things are clicking, he’s big and bold and pounding his chest, but when things start going south, a crybaby pointing fingers.

Lol..or maybe just a guy who wants fouls called when people foul him? Fans that are always so quick to call people actually playing the game crybabies are funny to me.

ESisback

Reaction score
Lol..or maybe just a guy who wants fouls called when people foul him? Fans that are always so quick to call people actually playing the game crybabies are funny to me.
His reactions, when compared to most of his peers, enable the perception of a crybaby. Better?

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
His reactions, when compared to most of his peers, enable the perception of a crybaby. Better?

I'm not sure I agree. On occasion I feel like he goes over the top but keep in mind because he's bigger and stronger than everyone he's getting hacked up a ton every game. But yeah he does it too much at times, not unlike alot of the other big stars in the game. Nobody is worse about that then Lebron for my money lol

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Mavs game 5 win was electric. Cost a small fortune to get seats but it's a memorable experience.

Luka didn't even really play well and he still ended up with 33 and 12 and some insane +/-.
His size and rebounding open up so much for Dallas. They can play small and go 5 out because Luka will rebound.
They can defend because you can play Luka with 3 +D wings and a quick guard.

It is LeBron all over again.

Going to interesting every round on sides of the bracket imho.

ESisback

Reaction score
I'm not sure I agree. On occasion I feel like he goes over the top but keep in mind because he's bigger and stronger than everyone he's getting hacked up a ton every game. But yeah he does it too much at times, not unlike alot of the other big stars in the game. Nobody is worse about that then Lebron for my money lol
Lebron is the KING of arrogant “over the top”!

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Congratulations to Luka for getting his playofd series. Good job by the Mavs for beating a dangerous team while missing their star for the first 3 games

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Going to be a boring next round if ESPN picks are correct. They have 20+ of their correspondents picking the winner and every series is a unanimous win pick except Boston/Milwaukee. They have Miami, Golden State and Phoenix all winning with not a single pick for the other team.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Great game between Memphis and the Dubs.

Jordan Poole is one of the league’s next stars. If you would have asked me about him during his rookie year I would have told you he doesn’t belong in the league. He was that bad.

Also, Draymond continues to tow the line between genius and moron. Today he was the latter.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Great game between Memphis and the Dubs.

Jordan Poole is one of the league’s next stars. If you would have asked me about him during his rookie year I would have told you he doesn’t belong in the league. He was that bad.

Also, Draymond continues to tow the line between genius and moron. Today he was the latter.

Yup. Especially with what happened to Embid a couple days ago you have to realize the league is gonna take no chances with shots to the head or face. Dumb move.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Suns just putting Luka in the pick and roll and having their way. This may be a sweep.

I hope Ja and the Grizzlies can push the Dubs to 6 or 7 games.

76ers look like toast.

Bucks and Celts should be the best series of this round.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Suns just putting Luka in the pick and roll and having their way. This may be a sweep.

76ers look like toast.

Phoenix was the best team in basketball this year by 8 full games even with CP3 and Booker missing time.
Dallas offered up no challenge to them the last few years.
Too much length and skill on the floor.
IMO Dallas is the 2nd best team in the West but it won't matter as PHX is coming out of this conference pretty easily imo.

MIL is a vet group that paces itself but I do think they'll get out of the East and be a nasty challenge in the Finals.

Ren

Reaction score

76ers look like toast.

Got to give some credit to Jason Kidd after game 2 it looked like the suns to just run that pick and roll all series and there’s nothing the mavs could do about it, but now it’s 2-1.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Desmond Bane has the most disproportionately short arms I’ve ever seen on an NBA player.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Mavs have been the better team at home. Just better shooters on the floor and better ball movement.
PHX will be tough as nails at home but some doubt has to start creeping in if it is close at all.