NBA Playoffs

ESisback

Reaction score
I think it’s funny the way they cover some teams compared to others.

Some of the “experts” were talking about Durant and Irving being the NBA’s all time duo. Add Seth Curry, Blake Griffin, and a couple of other shooters, and you’ve got a formidable team. They got swept in four games by Boston, but how much do you hear them talking about the Celtics?

phildadon86

Reaction score
I feel equally bad for us Sixers fans. Harden is completely washed.
Embiid needs to stop complaining about referees if he’s going to tell the Toronto coach to do the same. As a Toronto fan I just want a good series. He’s acting like a baby now

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Embiid needs to stop complaining about referees if he’s going to tell the Toronto coach to do the same. As a Toronto fan I just want a good series. He’s acting like a baby now

Not surprised that a Toronto fan would feel that way haha. It's understandable. But he legit gets beat up most nights so I also understand it from his perspective too. He's just a beast and traditionally guys like him just don't get the calls they should. Almost as if they should be penalized for being bigger and stronger than everyone else.

Mannix

Reaction score
Any other Maverick fans find it odd that FS1 Undisputed continues to TOTALLY ignore the Mavericks/Jazz series....not a word following any game so far.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Not surprised that a Toronto fan would feel that way haha. It's understandable. But he legit gets beat up most nights so I also understand it from his perspective too. He's just a beast and traditionally guys like him just don't get the calls they should. Almost as if they should be penalized for being bigger and stronger than everyone else.
I’ve seen a lot of things not called on both teams. But siakam is getting abused under the basket as well. I just think if you’re going to tell someone not to complain about officiating when things are going well you shouldn’t then complain about them when things aren’t going well. Good luck the rest of the way.

ESisback

Reaction score
He always does when things aren’t going his way. When things are clicking, he’s big and bold and pounding his chest, but when things start going south, a crybaby pointing fingers.

Mannix

Reaction score
Yep....2 1/2 hour long show...talked every series; even teams that didn't play last nite....3 segments on Brooklyn....not ONE mention of Dallas or win last nite. Is this on purpose???

ESisback

Reaction score
Yep....2 1/2 hour long show...talked every series; even teams that didn't play last nite....3 segments on Brooklyn....not ONE mention of Dallas or win last nite. Is this on purpose???
The “experts” spent the offseason fawning over Lebron, the Lakers, Lebron, the Nets, Lebron, etc., etc. Teams like Dallas and Boston represent blue collar middle America, and are therefore an afterthought.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Some of the “experts” were talking about Durant and Irving being the NBA’s all time duo. Add Seth Curry, Blake Griffin, and a couple of other shooters, and you’ve got a formidable team. They got swept in four games by Boston, but how much do you hear them talking about the Celtics?
Those names just appeal to the casual fan. They have alot of former big name players, but Dragic was the only one to play consistent minutes in the playoffs. That is a big part of Brooklyn's problem. They collected alot of jersey , but not guys that will help them in the playoffs. They need defenders at all levels. They may as well ask Claxton and Brown to defend 5 positions by themselves

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The “experts” spent the offseason fawning over Lebron, the Lakers, Lebron, the Nets, Lebron, etc., etc. Teams like Dallas and Boston represent blue collar middle America, and are therefore an afterthought.
Outside of Luka, who can the casual fan name on Dallas? Boston has a few name players, but their big dog, Tatum, may never be an exciting brand

ESisback

Reaction score
Outside of Luka, who can the casual fan name on Dallas? Boston has a few name players, but their big dog, Tatum, may never be an exciting brand

You’re right! The media doesn’t care who’s best, or most deserving. They promote the bestsellers! Sales is priority one, of course, followed by which side of the aisle you’re perceived to represent…

phildadon86

Reaction score
You’re right! The media doesn’t care who’s best, or most deserving. They promote the bestsellers! Sales is priority one, of course, followed by which side of the aisle you’re perceived to represent…
The media doesn’t even promote my team. Lol. I’m a raptors fan. They didn’t even make the playoffs video. And drake is on it haha

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

They would be all-time if they replace Kyrie with someone else. He already had his chance with Lebron to be an all-time duo. Nets looked cold but that team barely lost to the NBA Champion Bucks last year in the Tourney, and Kevin Durant putting the USA Team on his shoulders was one of the most impressive hoops displays I’ve seen in years. They have the typical star power bandwagon, but that is definitely not an overrated team. If Simmons comes back well next year (because I’m not even convinced the guy wants to play basketball anymore) and Kyrie isn’t busy with flat earth or vax movements, that will be a good team next year with those three. Celtics ended the season as one of the hottest teams and aren’t losing any momentum yet. Some of the Celtics fans here called it. Would not want to be in their bracket.

ESisback

Reaction score
They would be all-time if they replace Kyrie with someone else. He already had his chance with Lebron to be an all-time duo. Nets looked cold but that team barely lost to the NBA Champion Bucks last year in the Tourney, and Kevin Durant putting the USA Team on his shoulders was one of the most impressive hoops displays I’ve seen in years. They have the typical star power bandwagon, but that is definitely not an overrated team. If Simmons comes back well next year (because I’m not even convinced the guy wants to play basketball anymore) and Kyrie isn’t busy with flat earth or vax movements, that will be a good team next year with those three. Celtics ended the season as one of the hottest teams and aren’t losing any momentum yet. Some of the Celtics fans here called it. Would not want to be in their bracket.
I’m not saying the Nets aren’t good—they’re great! It’s just that Boston’s better, and they STILL talk more about the Nets! Hell, they still talk about the freakin’ Lakers, who didn’t even MAKE the playoffs!

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I’m not saying the Nets aren’t good—they’re great! It’s just that Boston’s better, and they STILL talk more about the Nets! Hell, they still talk about the freakin’ Lakers, who didn’t even MAKE the playoffs!

It’s because the Nets were effectively a failure. That is a major storyline.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I think Ben Simmons may be cooked mentally.

It would not surprise me if he steps away from the NBA for good within the next two years. I don’t mean that derisively either.

The way he’s handled things is only putting more pressure and expectations on him to perform which he struggles with. Now he’s become a lightning rod for opposing fans and he will hear it for the rest of his career. It just does not look like the right recipe for someone with anxiety/mental health issues.