NBA Season 19-20 -- League Suspended -- See Coronavirus Zone forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The guy I have always been beggin for is Marcus Smart.
I could see Smart available if the Celtics think they need to land top player. Could happen if it doesnt look like they can go where they want to go with what they have. I could see a package with Brown, Smart and other assets. Smart would be used as a salary, thats where the Mavs could in as a 3rd team.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I could see Smart available if the Celtics think they need to land top player. Could happen if it doesnt look like they can go where they want to go with what they have. I could see a package with Brown, Smart and other assets. Smart would be used as a salary, thats where the Mavs could in as a 3rd team.
Problem DAL has is no assets.
They were screwed by Lotto luck and had to trade up for Luka, then were screwed again and lost the pick in trade the next year whereas two other teams with he same record moved up.
DAL has never moved UP in a lottery. EVER.

The main reason I hold out hope Smart ends up here is he will be too expensive for BOS at some point soon and they will want him far away from their biggest rivals as well as the Eastern Conference.
He will want to start and DAL could see him as their 2B to KP. So role isn't an issue. Neither is fit as a great 3 and D guard is exactly what you want next to Luka. His added toughness is just icing.

But there really is no deal on the horizon that would make BOS consider it so it'd be at least year from now and have to include some cap relief and some future draft capital.
I think the best now move is Jae Crowder.
He's a former Mav who was well liked here.
He has a limited but very usable game.
Then again MEM has gotten hot and is holding onto the 8 spot so may not wanna part with anyone in the rotation.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Problem DAL has is no assets.
They were screwed by Lotto luck and had to trade up for Luka, then were screwed again and lost the pick in trade the next year whereas two other teams with he same record moved up.
DAL has never moved UP in a lottery. EVER.

The main reason I hold out hope Smart ends up here is he will be too expensive for BOS at some point soon and they will want him far away from their biggest rivals as well as the Eastern Conference.
He will want to start and DAL could see him as their 2B to KP. So role isn't an issue. Neither is fit as a great 3 and D guard is exactly what you want next to Luka. His added toughness is just icing.

But there really is no deal on the horizon that would make BOS consider it so it'd be at least year from now and have to include some cap relief and some future draft capital.
I think the best now move is Jae Crowder.
He's a former Mav who was well liked here.
He has a limited but very usable game.
Then again MEM has gotten hot and is holding onto the 8 spot so may not wanna part with anyone in the rotation.
I dont think he will be too expensive during this contract. Hayward may opt out, and if he doesnt his deal will be up when Tatum's next contract kicks in. They also have Brown on less than a baby max.

Where it could dicey is if they trade Hayward this season for someone they intend to keep long term. Maybe a Steven Adams

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I dont think he will be too expensive during this contract. Hayward may opt out, and if he doesnt his deal will be up when Tatum's next contract kicks in. They also have Brown on less than a baby max.

Where it could dicey is if they trade Hayward this season for someone they intend to keep long term. Maybe a Steven Adams
Smart has this year and 2 others left on this deal.
He's one of the higher paid back up Guards in basketball but worth that money and will definitely get a nice raise when this deal ends.

Celts just maxed out Kemba and will do so for Brown. Those guys are cemented as starters long-term.
I think they'll need to get in front of paying Smart 20m per and want to move him this time next year.
At that point he'll have 1.5 years left on his deal. Wait any longer and his value starts to really drop and he becomes more in control of negotiations.

Hayward is a big who is really shooting is well. Celts aren't going to move on there imho. He'll re-up as its the best deal for both player and team.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Smart has this year and 2 others left on this deal.
He's one of the higher paid back up Guards in basketball but worth that money and will definitely get a nice raise when this deal ends.

Celts just maxed out Kemba and will do so for Brown. Those guys are cemented as starters long-term.
I think they'll need to get in front of paying Smart 20m per and want to move him this time next year.
At that point he'll have 1.5 years left on his deal. Wait any longer and his value starts to really drop and he becomes more in control of negotiations.

Hayward is a big who is really shooting is well. Celts aren't going to move on there imho. He'll re-up as its the best deal for both player and team.
They already gave Brown a sub max

Shane612

Reaction score
No one is ever wearing 24 or 41 again in Dallas.
41 will get a ceremony.
24 just got the announcement.

Not sure why fans are crying about this.

Because Kobe has never played for the Mavericks.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Celtics reportly in discussions for Capella. Hoping they can get this done.

Houston reportedly looking for trade assets. We have to match 14 mil in salary. One of Theis/Kanter, with Langford and Poirier match salaries. I would prefer they trade Kanter instead of Theis however. Theis is a good perimeter big defender. 4's and 5's.

Not sure but I think Edwards and Williams would equal Langford.

For the draft capital. Id be happy with the Grizzlies pick. However if they want multiple, Id deal our own and the Bucks considering either way we would be dealing a recent first rounder to match salaries.

Id pitch Williams and Edwards before Langford.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
They already gave Brown a sub max
Sorry meant Tatum will be maxed out soon.
Brown is making large money and earned the starting nod.

So you have 2 maxes and a 3rd really highly paid guy starting at Guard.

I don't see them affording Smart in 2 years.
And they will likely want to get in front of it while he is at max value.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Sorry meant Tatum will be maxed out soon.
Brown is making large money and earned the starting nod.

So you have 2 maxes and a 3rd really highly paid guy starting at Guard.

I don't see them affording Smart in 2 years.
And they will likely want to get in front of it while he is at max value.
If they are contending, they wont have an issue paying the tax

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Big move by Clippers getting Morris. Excellent role play that can score big when someone needs to step up. He is gonna be a major playoff asset for them

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hoping Tristan Thompson gets bought out and we land him. Especially with Theis gimpy right now. Much better playoff option than Kanter and would be a major boost against the East's bigs we might face in the playoffs

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Langford has been broken in to the rotation finally, and has looked very promising. He has been a very good defensive presence the last couple games, and that could get him playoff minutes. Thats how Brown became part of the playoff rotation his rookie year

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The next NBA HoF class is the greatest of all-time. Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, and Kobe Bryant, wow.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Lakers are not ready to 'go to the mat' with the Clippers — Chris Broussard

LOL! Can't wait to hear his excuse on Monday.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Spurs should just play the Mavericks this year. They’d be undefeated.

Status
Not open for further replies.