NBA season 19-20 Part 2

rags

Reaction score
I don't think so.
I think they'll try to add a 3rd "star" and run it back.
My guess is they could be a destination for any highly paid superstar wanting out.
They have (and will re-sign) a lot of quality players under reasonable deals to use as trade offer.

My guess is 1 more year.

I think they could use a creator. Ironically, CP3 might be the best fit.

Are you sure?

Please tell me if I read this correctly.

Has he taken 3 teams to the playoffs, those teams have gone up to 3-1 leads, but none of the 3 teams won their series?

ghst187

Reaction score
Lebron whining about not winning MVP just keeps making him look smaller and smaller...
Can’t imagine one of the true greats doing that...

DFWJC

Reaction score
Lebron whining about not winning MVP just keeps making him look smaller and smaller...
Can’t imagine one of the true greats doing that...
I’d prefer that the guns-for-hire Lakers not win it all this year.
But I’m not optimistic.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Are you sure?

Please tell me if I read this correctly.

Has he taken 3 teams to the playoffs, those teams have gone up to 3-1 leads, but none of the 3 teams won their series?
Was on a vacation for a week and trying to quickly scan left me not sure what the question was here.

John813

Reaction score
Herro out there looking like a vet.

3-1, let's not pull a Clippers...

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Congratulations to the Heat. Ive been saying for a long time, Spoelstra is one of the top coaches in the game.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If I am Ainge, I am seeing if I can move Hayward for Myles Turner. Salary wise, Indiana would have to include some salary in that deal, and TJ Warren fits. Boston would have to include picks.

Im thinking something like

Boston gets:
Turner
Warren

Indiana gets

Hayward
Pick #14
Additional 1st round or Robert Williams. I think including Williams will make it difficult to match

rags

Reaction score
For those who haven't heard the news, LA Clippers HC Doc Rivers will not return to the team next season. He did not say if he quit or was fired.

rags

Reaction score
NBA Finals start tonight. Who you got?

I'll say LA in 5. I don't think the Heat can stop the "Win it for Kobe" train.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
For those who haven't heard the news, LA Clippers HC Doc Rivers will not return to the team next season. He did not say if he quit or was fired.
Looks like he could be headed to Philadelphia

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
NBA Finals start tonight. Who you got?

I'll say LA in 5. I don't think the Heat can stop the "Win it for Kobe" train.
LA in 5 or 6. Miami is much better than they look on paper, but I don't know if they the pieces for Lebron/AD. I do think they can pull out a couple wins. Even before this season, Ive seen Spoelstra having his teams play to the level of more talented teams. Thats why them beating my C's didnt surprise me

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
https://www.nba.com/article/2020/06/16/nba-plans-disney-restart-teams-players
This thread is for NBA Basketball talk. If you want to talk NBA/Covid19 stuff please go to the Covid NBA thread in the Covid19 forum.

Last i checked the NBA wants players to report to Disney July 7th-9th. Games to start on July 15th. I'm sure some of these dates might be subject to change etc.

When it's all said and done this title might be slightly tainted, but a title is still a title, may the best team win.

:flagwave:
Sarek what are your thoughts now that the Lakers are in the finals (and up 1-0). When the C's got to the ECF, I was thinking it would be pretty cool to win this title just because of how unique it was. On top of that you could say title was one with no home court advantage

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
@CalPolyTechnique Ive heard some rumors about Smart to GS for #2. I dont see that happening at all. To be honest it seems pretty crazy to tank for Marcus Smart. I love Smart, but I take that trade every day of the week. What are your thoughts

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Sarek what are your thoughts now that the Lakers are in the finals (and up 1-0). When the C's got to the ECF, I was thinking it would be pretty cool to win this title just because of how unique it was. On top of that you could say title was one with no home court advantage
I'm happy that the Lakers have made it to the finals. I knew the talent was there but when the NBA restarted the Lakers looked offkey. I was thinking it was going to be a Lakers vs Celtics Final after the Bucs were eliminated.

1-0 is still very early. Lakers look good, they won't be easy to beat atm.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
@CalPolyTechnique Ive heard some rumors about Smart to GS for #2. I dont see that happening at all. To be honest it seems pretty crazy to tank for Marcus Smart. I love Smart, but I take that trade every day of the week. What are your thoughts
Just the opposite.
Smart for a 2 is a bargain for GS.

Kids in the draft are long shots period.
This draft has no real super studs and is iffier than most.

There is no LeBron or Luka in this draft.
Not even really a Ben Simmons.
Now this draft is deep in NBA prospects but it's top of draft talent is very mediocre.

GS absolutely wants to move the pick because they want to bounce back and win next year on Steph/Dray/Klay schedule.
Marcus Smart really helps them there.
He has developed an outside shot to fit the spacing requirements in GS and his compete is right there with Draymond for absurdly over the top.

BOS best asset is Marcus Smart.He has the most right now value. He'd be HIGHLY coveted by ANY team that wants to win now.
Reasonable contract and game made for today. He can defend 1-4, move the ball and hit 3s.
He's literally Danny Green on steroids that can pass.
And he has a very fair contract.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I'm happy that the Lakers have made it to the finals. I knew the talent was there but when the NBA restarted the Lakers looked offkey. I was thinking it was going to be a Lakers vs Celtics Final after the Bucs were eliminated.

1-0 is still very early. Lakers look good, they won't be easy to beat atm.
If they shoot like did in game 1 they won't lose a game this series.
They have been phenomenal all year and LeBron obviously took all the criticism last year to heart and rectified all that stuff.
No wild music videos and such, just back to the grind, all about winning LeBron.
His performance this year is really hard to quantify.
Players just don't do that at his age.
I've never thought he was the GOAT but 12 more months (and 2 titles) playing at this level and he will most certainly declare himself so.