NBA season 19-20 Part 2

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm in a BOS/MIA ECF.
Miami is alot tougher than they look on paper. Great coach. Butler is a legit closer. Adebayo and Dragon are good supporting stars and they have shooters and utility on the roster. Dragic has given us headaches in the past.

We gotta close Toronto out tonight. Dont want them going into a game 7 motivated and with momentum

coogrfan

Reaction score
giphy-downsized.gif

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Assuming both LA teams advance, that would mean 3 of the 4 teams remaining made the most significant offseason moves. Leonard and George to the Clippers, Davis to the Lakers (a year after James went there), and Butler to the Heat. You could argue that the Clippers and Heat already had good teams before adding their stars. But it still shows all you need to do to win in the NBA. And if Durant and Irving were healthy, we’d most likely be looking at Heat vs Nets in the East.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Great series. I think we have a chance to go all the way, and I think we needed this 7 game tilt. You wont get to play a mess like the 76ers every round. Everyone, including me, had the Raptors finished down 0-2.

Raptors are gonna be an interesting team to watch this offseason. I think they should swing big on the FA/ trade market. They have Lowery and Gasol expiring, so they will have space to add another big contract while resigning Va Vleet. At his age, Lowery might even be willing to come back on an MLE

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
It brings me such joy when Westbrook and Harden lose.

I hope Westbrook goes down in the annals as nothing more than a self-serving perennial loser.

Last edited:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Assuming both LA teams advance, that would mean 3 of the 4 teams remaining made the most significant offseason moves. Leonard and George to the Clippers, Davis to the Lakers (a year after James went there), and Butler to the Heat. You could argue that the Clippers and Heat already had good teams before adding their stars. But it still shows all you need to do to win in the NBA. And if Durant and Irving were healthy, we’d most likely be looking at Heat vs Nets in the East.
It's not about moves but talent.
Clips have most talented roster 1-10. --BOS/MIA may be close
LAL has the best 2 man game with LBJ/AD --who only needed to stay healthy and they have.

NBA routinely comes down to most healthy talent.

We'll see next year what Kyrie and KD have left in tank (plus what they can add this year) but they'll have to work to enter the top 3/4 in East.

Clips have played down to teams all year but the collective is hard to match and they are led by a true superstar who can guard LBJ while scoring on his own.

Rox made massive move but it didn't work out because they failed to use common sense. You aren't going to beat LBJ/AD combo by going heavily to lineups where every dude is 6'5" or under.
Gotta have a rim protector.

PHI made massive moves too but gambled wrong and left themselves with this ancient triangle style offense.

JayFord

Reaction score
The clippers just upset me

i really wanted to see them in their first WCF

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
holy batman what a game with BOS/MIA

Clippers roflmao. dude... you played thug it up basketball all post-season and go out and score 89 point in a game 7?
Mannn, that is a delicious loss.

Marcus Morris is my current least favorite player across all sports.
NBA games shouldn't result in dudes out there playing to injure people.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Is Rivers out in LA?
I don't think so.
I think they'll try to add a 3rd "star" and run it back.
My guess is they could be a destination for any highly paid superstar wanting out.
They have (and will re-sign) a lot of quality players under reasonable deals to use as trade offer.

My guess is 1 more year.

I think they could use a creator. Ironically, CP3 might be the best fit.