NBA Season: 2020/2021

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Some rumors were floated earlier today about the C's targeting Vucivic and Jeremi Grant. However The White Mamba is saying the C's are targeting Barnes. Im all in on Barnes. Kings arent getting any interest in Bagley, so Id like to see Boston see if they can get dirt cheap. He matches with Thompson salary wise

ghst187

Reaction score
Blake Griffen to the Nets!?!
They could win the next five championships and I’d have zero respect for Durant and that team. Why not add Kahwi and Lilliard too...

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Blake Griffen to the Nets!?!
They could win the next five championships and I’d have zero respect for Durant and that team. Why not add Kahwi and Lilliard too...
Griffen is completely gassed. Really offers them very little at this point. I doubt he is the the playoff rotation

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Scored some Hornets tickets now that they're allowing fans. Watching them play the Kings, then the Heat on the 26th.

I had Bobcats season tickets the year they won 7 games so it feels good to actually WANT to spend my hard earned money to watch them play.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Scored some Hornets tickets now that they're allowing fans. Watching them play the Kings, then the Heat on the 26th.

I had Bobcats season tickets the year they won 7 games so it feels good to actually WANT to spend my hard earned money to watch them play.
Gotta feel good to watch live sports again!

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Right now the guys that have been attached to Boston of they make a deadline trade are Vucivic, Grant, Barnes, and Nance

While Vucivic and Grants scoring ability, and Nance's utility is intriguing, I'm still favoring Barnes.

Orlando isn't giving Vucivic away, and while he adds a ton offensively, he is a poor defensive C. Grants scoring explosion is enticing, but he wanted to be a top option. He would be a 4th option here. Would he be worth the cost to get him as a 4th option. Or would he be happy with that considering he left a good team for a bad one to get that opportunity. I wouldn't bet on either. Nance would fill a role we had with Horford. That's very attractive to me. However, I see him adding close to what Horford did on the offensive end. Id be all for Nance of it was a single frp and a youngling. But supposedly Cleveland wants more. To me Barnes gives us just what we need.

ghst187

Reaction score
Now Aldridge isn’t playing for San Antonio anymore and will be traded.

maybe the Nets can add him. That would only leave a small handful of all star players scatters amongst the rest of the league. Just like it wasn’t impressive when the dream team won the Olympic gold....so is it with the Nets, except that they will probably NOT win a championship.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

maybe the Nets can add him. That would only leave a small handful of all star players scatters amongst the rest of the league. Just like it wasn’t impressive when the dream team won the Olympic gold....so is it with the Nets, except that they will probably NOT win a championship.
Lol dude Griffen is pure garbage. He wouldn't even be in the league anymore if not for name recognition. You could make a case for him as one of the worst players in the NBA the last two years

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

I can relate. Mavs fell off so bad with poor front office moves and then they landed Luka.
Went from not even be able to watch then tank on TV to seeing Luka live go 1v1 with LeBron was special.

I'm trying to get tickets now but only sparse availability still.
Just got in COVID line(online database) so hopefully I'll have a vaccine and tickets in next 3 weeks or so.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Right now the guys that have been attached to Boston of they make a deadline trade are Vucivic, Grant, Barnes, and Nance

While Vucivic and Grants scoring ability, and Nance's utility is intriguing, I'm still favoring Barnes.

Orlando isn't giving Vucivic away, and while he adds a ton offensively, he is a poor defensive C. Grants scoring explosion is enticing, but he wanted to be a top option. He would be a 4th option here. Would he be worth the cost to get him as a 4th option. Or would he be happy with that considering he left a good team for a bad one to get that opportunity. I wouldn't bet on either. Nance would fill a role we had with Horford. That's very attractive to me. However, I see him adding close to what Horford did on the offensive end. Id be all for Nance of it was a single frp and a youngling. But supposedly Cleveland wants more. To me Barnes gives us just what we need.
I would highly caution against Barnes.
He is A+ class as person but he is a black hole on the court. Ball goes to him to die with a long 2 point shot far too often.
He is able in many ways but you have enough guys who are better with the ball in their hands.
BOS has enough draft ammo to get something solid done.
When they did the weird trade deal I said I would have kept my couple 2s but Ainge pulls some magic off at times so perhaps he gets the sweet spot with draft ammo plus trade exception.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I would highly caution against Barnes.
He is A+ class as person but he is a black hole on the court. Ball goes to him to die with a long 2 point shot far too often.
He is able in many ways but you have enough guys who are better with the ball in their hands.
BOS has enough draft ammo to get something solid done.
When they did the weird trade deal I said I would have kept my couple 2s but Ainge pulls some magic off at times so perhaps he gets the sweet spot with draft ammo plus trade exception.
We still have a good stock piles of twos and all our ones

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
NJ is going to be a fascinating watch. Is that big 3 overwhelming, or are there major chinks in that armor. Two big things to watch: A Harden/Irving backcourt is as bad defensively as it is good offensively. Also when does something dramatic happen with either/both Harden and Irving

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Haven't been following much NBA yet, still enjoying last year's title. I don't even know how the Lakers are doing so far. I'll get into it soon.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
NJ is going to be a fascinating watch. Is that big 3 overwhelming, or are there major chinks in that armor. Two big things to watch: A Harden/Irving backcourt is as bad defensively as it is good offensively. Also when does something dramatic happen with either/both Harden and Irving
They have overwhelming talent but a lot of times it takes a year to put the right role players around that type of squad.
I'd say they may be early favorites next year but something a bit less than that this year.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They have overwhelming talent but a lot of times it takes a year to put the right role players around that type of squad.
I'd say they may be early favorites next year but something a bit less than that this year.
Milwaukee will be an interesting matchup for them. Not as sexy on paper, but their top 3 are all excellent defenders. I dont really trust Harden or Kyrie to not start jacking contested 3's anytime they goba little south in that series

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I cheered when Lebron twisted his ankle. I couldn't help myself.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Milwaukee will be an interesting matchup for them. Not as sexy on paper, but their top 3 are all excellent defenders. I dont really trust Harden or Kyrie to not start jacking contested 3's anytime they goba little south in that series
Yea, think like Clippers last year they could just not quite be together yet.
Absences and lack of experience playing together could lead to a surprise ouster in the much improved eastern conf.
Bucks could guard them as well as anyone with Giannis to harass KD.
Nets gotta get healthy tho to make it that far imho.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Celtics made a couple moves at the deadline. Got Fournier for two second rounders, and Moritz Wagner for Theis.

Fournier trade could be a slam dunk long term if they can get him signed in the offseason. Would be a great compliment to Jayson and Jaylen

This has been a really crappy year for us. However I have some optimism because this could be a year that if you get hot late, you can go on a real run

ghst187

Reaction score

Called it!!