NBC Sports-Dallas Cowboy rumors aren't going away for Sean Payton-PFT

Hardline

Reaction score
The only reason the rumors aren't going away is because some people are stupid enough to buy into them.

He's not coming here.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I don't see Jerry firing his adopted son. Carrot gets promoted to an "front office" position and SP comes in as HC. Don't misinterpret this as my endorsement for SP as HC.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
what is the excitement over Payton anyway? id love to a good arguement for him.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LMAO at that tool saying the rumors won't go away. Really? Florio is the most likely to hang clothes out back on the line so he can exchange gossip with Mrs. Bickers.

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
Are ya’ll sure about SP’s greatness? He crapped the bed big time against you guys last year.

Go re-watch the game. Not saying he isnt better than you have but it’s not a huge separation in coaching ability between redball and SP IMHO.
I agree. If you look at their W/L starting from 2011 (that's Garrett's first full year), you will see that they are almost identical.
Garrett: 72-56 (3 playoff games)
Payton: 76-52 (4 playoff games)

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They won't go away until he signs a new contract with the Saints.

He will be the coaching version of Earl Thomas. The chatter won't stop until it is really over even though it already is over.
Maybe it's just a smoke screen for someone else to come in. Or, motivation for JG.

cern

Reaction score
Garrett and Payton are both under contract with their respective teams. This doesn't even qualify as a rumor. Bozotic.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No need to bicker about this. I say we play for head coaching pink slips this coming season. If we win, we get Sean Payton, if the Saints win they can have Jason Garrett and we still win. Who likes my idea? :)

Fire407

Reaction score
I agree. If you look at their W/L starting from 2011 (that's Garrett's first full year), you will see that they are almost identical.
Garrett: 72-56 (3 playoff games)
Payton: 76-52 (4 playoff games)
I'm pretty sure that Payton won a Super Bowl. If Garrett had a Super Bowl win, then yeah I would agree they are the same. But I don't believe Garrett will ever win a Super Bowl as head coach. He will more than likely get promoted up in the organization to save face of no other team being interested in him, no matter what JJ says.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It’d be fun. Then we could start complaining about how Payton somehow forgot everything he knows now. That’d be something different.

Are you now claiming that Garrett is better than Payton? You even cut up sb winning coaches in defense of your hero Garrett.

RoboQB

Reaction score
A Very Possible Scenario

The Cowboys completely bomb in 2019 and finish 7-9.
The New Orleans Saints give Drew Brees the big ride into the sunset
with a 12-4 season ending with... (insert your prediction here).

With Brees now gone, Payton is looking to be in the 'Big Room', as Parcells said.
I believe he still has the option to opt-out of his contract.

Now remember, this is not a prediction. There is no agenda or tinfoil hat conspiracy.
Just a fun story to tell, that just happens to be a possible outcome. Feel free to play along.