NBC Sports-Dallas Cowboy rumors aren't going away for Sean Payton-PFT

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Funny

Somehow within the dysfunction Jerry presents , we deserve a HC like Jason.

It’s a false hope to believe Jerry will loosen his grip to attract the kind of HC we’d all want.

I have only a few problems with Garrett. He’s just a scapegoat for most. And I think Payton would be a legit option for Dallas if Brees retires. But, yeah, Jerry complicates the coaching hire decision, just like he interferes with the coaching job once he hires someone.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Will Payton be the first NFL coach in league history to win SBs with two different teams?

Hmmm...

Not likely.

The list includes Hall of Famers like Vince Lombardi, Don Shula, Mike Ditka, Bill Parcells and others like Jimmy Johnson, Mike Holmgreen, Dick Vermeil, Mike Shanahan, Bill Belichick, Tony Dungy, Jon Gruden, Pete Carroll and Gary Kubiak.

Weeb Eubank did win NFL titles with 2 different teams. Jets in SB III and Colts ( 58 and 59 NFL championships)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That must mean we have a HOF passing caliber QB in Dak? All he needs is a couple hundred more attempts a year. I’m so excited now. Lol

I really need to stop watching all of the games and just look at the stat lines.

Or continue on in ignorance? Your choice.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I have only a few problems with Garrett. He’s just a scapegoat for most. And I think Payton would be a legit option for Dallas if Brees retires. But, yeah, Jerry complicates the coaching hire decision, just like he interferes with the coaching job once he hires someone.
Right !!

I think most would welcome Payton. I’d welcome any proven HC hire but it’s not likely as long as Jerry’s meddling.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ignorance is not accepting our dysfunctional organization.

tenor.gif

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Cowboys have the best built in excuse for our lack of success in NFL. Jerry Jone$

No one really expects us to have much success within our dysfunctional organization including our Mom and Pop front office and Puppet coaching staff.

Opposing critics and trolls always want to dismiss or deter this basic flaw because they tire of bashing Jerry cause with his 3 Rings presents a steadfast rebuttal.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Correct because as I stated above the tune Jerry continues playing hasn’t changed. If your main target isn’t Jerry then just spinning the wheels. Everything else is simply of product of his dysfunction.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Correct because as I stated above the tune Jerry continues playing hasn’t changed. If your main target isn’t Jerry then just spinning the wheels. Everything else is simply of product of his dysfunction.

The "dysfunction" is yours, and your unhealthy Jerry Jones obsession. Now it spreads to false assumptions regarding Prescott and Sean Payton. Like a spreading disease.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The "dysfunction" is yours, and your unhealthy Jerry Jones obsession. Now it spreads to false assumptions regarding Prescott and Sean Payton. Like a spreading disease.
Like I said. Those not accepting the virus Jerry spreads thru Cowboy Football operations aren’t targeting the basic culprit.

I will agree that Jerry’s obsession is a disease. And anyone not placing the ultimate blame in his lap is missing it. I don’t know of any Cowboy fans personally who don’t see that.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Like I said. Those not accepting the virus Jerry spreads thru Cowboy Football operations aren’t targeting the basic culprit.

I will agree that Jerry’s obsession is a disease. And anyone not placing the ultimate blame in his lap is missing it. I don’t know of any Cowboy fans personally who don’t see that.

Really? Then your personal "affliction" is worse than I thought. You have exactly one passenger on your road to nowhere - you. Nobody else is Jerry-obsessed like you are. You need to find a new hobby, for your own mental health and well-being.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Really? Then your personal "affliction" is worse than I thought. You have exactly one passenger on your road to nowhere - you. Nobody else is Jerry-obsessed like you are. You need to find a new hobby, for your own mental health and well-being.
Most just have no patience for anonymous fan forum. And some have abondened the Cowboys as a result or have just lowered their expectations in apathy rooting from a distance.

But my vibe represents much of the old local diehards from previous regime. And I never let off of the throttle.

If you don’t recognize Jerry is the root of all evil with Cowboys Football then you haven’t been paying attention this era.

Little Jr

Reaction score
It’d be fun. Then we could start complaining about how Payton somehow forgot everything he knows now. That’d be something different.
Start? Lol we did in 06. If Payton has his time mgt issues in Dallas like he has on NO, we would want him fired after 1 season. Not to mention his 4 7-9 seasons. He's been living off that super bowl for 9 years now. Since then he's been a tad bit betrer than JG and had had a better QB for everyone of those years. He's upgrade over jg but not a lot. If we were going to go with a NFL coach or past coach he wouldn't be at the top of my list.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Start? Lol we did in 06. If Payton has his time mgt issues in Dallas like he has on NO, we would want him fired after 1 season. Not to mention his 4 7-9 seasons. He's been living off that super bowl for 9 years now. Since then he's been a tad bit betrer than JG and had had a better QB for everyone of those years. He's upgrade over jg but not a lot. If we were going to go with a NFL coach or past coach he wouldn't be at the top of my list.
As much as I have supported Garrett only because he appears the best puppet we’ve had , if I believed Jerry would actually set his ambitions to the side and allow a proven HC like Payton to come in and run the show I’d let Jason go in a heartbeat.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Imagine how boring these fan forums would be if all the trolls and opposing fan haters ( many posing as Cowboy fans) which we had many in old DC forum especially popping up week of games, just focused on the Cowboys core cause for the lack of success this era.

But instead they target products of the dysfunction. Why , because Cowboy fans mostly agree that Jerry is a huge obstacle to overcome. One that most fans of other teams I’ve visited with wouldn’t want to deal with.

But these opponents don’t want to take on or tire of targeting Jerry because unlike these other targets he has 3 Rings in his defense. But Cowboy fans all know why we have a HC like Garrett. It’s on Jerry.

Little Jr

Reaction score
As much as I have supported Garrett only because he appears the best puppet we’ve had , if I believed Jerry would actually set his ambitions to the side and allow a proven HC like Payton to come in and run the show I’d let Jason go in a heartbeat.
Im the opposite, I'm not a jg supporter. I wouldn't be upset with Payton but I wouldn't look at him as a huge upgrade and defiantly not the savior of the franchise. Like I said, he's been living off the super bowl for 9 years now and the 2006 season, 12 years ago, when he took them to a chip when the city needed something good after Katrina. Since that super bowl he's a bit better than jg. 76 wins to 72 wins and 4 play-off wins to 2 play-off wins. JG has had better defenses but Paytons had the better QB that whole time. You're a JG supporter so I'm sure you didn't, but this fan base killed jg for 3 straight 8-8 seasons with Romo as QB. What do you think this fan base would've done with 3 straight 7-9 seasons with Brees as the QB?