NCAA men's basketball thread

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Other than possibly the 3rd foul on Okafor, what questionable call went against Dook?

You clearly have no explanation for how the refs were the only people on the planet not to see the ball off Winslow's hand.

The foul on Okafor was a joke and cost the team minutes and thus many points but there were many non-calls throughout the first half and second half that were overlooked and should have went in Duke's favor.

There will NEVER in any sport be perfect officiating, you can give that one up regardless because officiating has the human time/space element.

The NFL has the same problem, we as Cowboys fans scoffed at the Lions for the Hitchens call, calling them out as sour grapes because had they made more plays, they could have one regardless.

The problem in that game much like the Duke game, was the same officials missed calls the Lions committed against us, Garrett sent in 10 or so calls from the same game.

The fact is, Duke outplayed Wisconsin regardless in the last 10 minutes, their players had no answers, looking around dumbfounded as Allen scored continuously.

If you hate Duke that is fine but they simply won the game, the same rehash will not change the outcome or history, just like our playoff win against the Lions.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
why do you keep bringing up the Cowboys as some way to justify those two atrocious calls against Wisconsin?

Furthermore, to say that Okafor being out after his 3rd foul cost many points ignores the fact JJ Redick Jr aka Grayson Allen wouldn't have been in and getting those eight points if Okafor isn't out.

Hell you won't even admit that the refs gifted you five points with those two atrocious missed out of bounds calls.

Dook made the shots it had to make but there is no way a team that plays such stifling defence, with body contact, hand checking etc only committed six fouls in the second half.

KRat did his job, worked the officials to the point they called everything on Wisconsin.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
why do you keep bringing up the Cowboys as some way to justify those two atrocious calls against Wisconsin?

Furthermore, to say that Okafor being out after his 3rd foul cost many points ignores the fact JJ Redick Jr aka Grayson Allen wouldn't have been in and getting those eight points if Okafor isn't out.

Hell you won't even admit that the refs gifted you five points with those two atrocious missed out of bounds calls.

Dook made the shots it had to make but there is no way a team that plays such stifling defence, with body contact, hand checking etc only committed six fouls in the second half.

KRat did his job, worked the officials to the point they called everything on Wisconsin.

Much like the entire first half for Wisconsin, Duke outplayed them, get over it already!

I bring up the Cowboys for two reasons:

1) It neutralizes your Duke hate bias, demonstrating how calls are never perfect in any sports and how Dallas won while be questioned as to the validity of the win by bitter Lions fans based on 1 call.

2) It demonstrates the fact that officiating will never be perfect and does indeed have implications for both teams.

Last edited:

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Difference of course is that I admitted we got a nice break against the Lions but simply didn't care. You won't admit that Dook got the benefit of every call in the last ten minutes.

Everyone also knows that most basketball games are decided in the second half, not the first. First half fouls usually have little bearing on the outcome. Furthermore, despite the difference in fouls in the first half, Dook still outshot Wisconsin at the FT line by ten. Therefore, even playing your little game, Dook came out ahead so the higher number of fouls on Wisconsin in the second half hurt them more than the higher number of fouls on Dook in the first half.

I have to admit though, you are a typical Dookie, "we won so bite me and you are just a hater" are typical Dookie arguments.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Difference of course is that I admitted we got a nice break against the Lions but simply didn't care. You won't admit that Dook got the benefit of every call in the last ten minutes.

Everyone also knows that most basketball games are decided in the second half, not the first. First half fouls usually have little bearing on the outcome. Furthermore, despite the difference in fouls in the first half, Dook still outshot Wisconsin at the FT line by ten. Therefore, even playing your little game, Dook came out ahead so the higher number of fouls on Wisconsin in the second half hurt them more than the higher number of fouls on Dook in the first half.

I have to admit though, you are a typical Dookie, "we won so bite me and you are just a hater" are typical Dookie arguments.

Garrett sent in around 8-10 poor calls during the same game that Lions fans whine about with regard to the 1 Hitchens call, all calls that impacted the game more than a single non-call on Hitchens.

The Lions failed to execute after the said call and the Cowboys outplayed them regardless. If the other 8-10 poor calls were made or not made then the Hitchens call would be a moot point.

That is simply not true, Duke did not get the benefit of every call in the last 10 minutes just like they got next to zero calls during the entire first half.

First half calls have a trajectory on the entire game as do players getting into foul trouble and losing playing minutes.

Your so biased against Duke you can not get past the fact that officiating is never perfect and that fact that Duke outplayed Wisconsin, that is why they won the game.

I understand you can not get past it but that is your Duke hate talking but it will not change the fact Duke won the championship.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Damn, you keep bringing up the Cowboys game as if that has any relevance whatsoever to the refs not calling Winslow out of bounds on the pass to Okafor or how only 3 people watching didn't think the ball went off Winslow.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Damn, you keep bringing up the Cowboys game as if that has any relevance whatsoever to the refs not calling Winslow out of bounds on the pass to Okafor or how only 3 people watching didn't think the ball went off Winslow.

Can you not understand that there are more missed calls in games than one or two, that impact the game.

Can you not understand that officiating will never be perfect.

Can you not understand the relevance of the Dallas/Lions game with 8-10 officiating errors to to the 1 non-call that impacted a playoff game. That just the one or two calls were not the only calls that impacted the game.

Can you not understand that people that hate Dallas, only point to this Hitchens call as to why we won the game but ignore the other 8-10 officiating errors.

Can you not understand that your bias will never allow you to be reasonable with Duke on any level.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I have never seen anyone refer to what happened in a game in another sport to justify not seeing a guy step on the line or being the only three people not to see the ball go off one guy's hands.

READ MY TYPING, WHAT HAPPENED TO THE COWBOYS ON JANUARY 4 HAS NO RELEVANCE TO WHAT HAPPENED TO THE BADGERS.

Trying to justify the blown calls on Winslow by saying, hey Hitchens got away with PI is ********.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
I have never seen anyone refer to what happened in a game in another sport to justify not seeing a guy step on the line or being the only three people not to see the ball go off one guy's hands.

READ MY TYPING, WHAT HAPPENED TO THE COWBOYS ON JANUARY 4 HAS NO RELEVANCE TO WHAT HAPPENED TO THE BADGERS.

Trying to justify the blown calls on Winslow by saying, hey Hitchens got away with PI is ********.

Can you not understand that there are more missed calls in games than one or two, that impact the game.

Can you not understand that officiating will never be perfect.

Can you not understand the relevance of the Dallas/Lions game with 8-10 officiating errors to to the 1 non-call that impacted a playoff game. That just the one or two calls were not the only calls that impacted the game.

Can you not understand that people that hate Dallas, only point to this Hitchens call as to why we won the game but ignore the other 8-10 officiating errors.

Can you not understand that your bias will never allow you to be reasonable with Duke on any level.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
repeating the same drivel over and over will not change the fact you will not admit Dookies got all the important calls in the last ten minutes of the game

BTW, why don't you argue that England really wasn't screwed by the Hand of God goal because, hell refs blow stuff all the time.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
repeating the same drivel over and over will not change the fact you will not admit Dookies got all the important calls in the last ten minutes of the game

BTW, why don't you argue that England really wasn't screwed by the Hand of God goal because, hell refs blow stuff all the time.

Yawn!

DFWJC

Reaction score
Carolina and Duke have already won a couple of titles each off of back to backs after their rivals.
Maybe the Tarheels will get #6 in 2016!

Pretty big upcoming week or two for UNC in recruiting. 2-3 of the better uncommitted 5star players are leaning their way. Fingers crossed

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Carolina and Duke have already won a couple of titles each off of back to backs after their rivals.
Maybe the Tarheels will get #6 in 2016!

Pretty big upcoming week or two for UNC in recruiting. 2-3 of the better uncommitted 5star players are leaning their way. Fingers crossed

JP Tokoto left.... Jaylen Brown or Brandon Ingram would be big for the heels.

DFWJC

Reaction score
JP Tokoto left.... Jaylen Brown or Brandon Ingram would be big for the heels.
If Tokoto ends up being the only one, look out.
Yeah, those two adds would be huge. I'm assuming Ingram is in,but Brown's much more iffy.
They already signed a 2017 guy..lol

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Next year is even bigger. Both Duke and Carolina are recruiting hard for Harry Giles, who is from North Carolina. With Giles comes Jayson Tatum and Dennis Smith, respectively the #2, 3 and 4 players in the class of 2016 (according to rumor), depending on which ranking service you look at. If this is true, then it's a National Championship type class for the winner. Of course, Kentucky is the other school that all three of these players have on their list but I feel like Carolina and Duke are in a better position because both Giles and Smith are from North Carolina.

For the loser, the consolation prize is PF Edrice Adebayo, also from North Carolina and generally considered a top 10 player in the class. He plays the same position as Giles so it's likely that he will elect to sign elsewhere. 2016 is really big for both schools.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
It has come down to ... who can put together the best AAU team this year?

Reminds me of 'Dads' stacking youth sports teams.