NCAA men's basketball thread

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Lost some respect for Bo and his silly comments in his presser. I know he just stepped off the floor from getting his heart ripped out but he has been in the game long enough to know what to say and more importantly what not to say. Yes there were a couple of questionable calls but they did not determine the outcome of the game.

That only happens in Cowboy's games!

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Both coaches work the refs it is part of the game and officiating will never be perfect, that is also part of the game.

There was no Dez catch play, Duke outplayed Wisconsin in the last part of the game defensively and offensively.

Heck, even our Cowboys admit that if they get the call the defense still had to stop the other team regardless.

Duke was assisted by all of the fouls called on their own players allowing the depth to make critical plays and to turn the game around.

They won the game by pulling together as a team in the critical time of the game, Wisconsin had no answer.

LOL, .. after reading post #139, .. I can't take anything you say in this thread seriously.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Side note...anyone think the Coach for UCONN women's basketball team look like Walter from Fringe?

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Good Article on ESPN today... hats off to coach K (even though you cost my hoyas a final four in 1989)

Duke, Coach K figured out how to rule a new world

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...ls-mike-krzyzewski-adapt-s-win-national-title

He hoped that would help cultivate an earlier relationship, since their time together in college would be brief.

"With guys who aren't going to be here long, what we've tried to do is get to know [them] even better before they get to Duke,'' Krzyzewski said.

That's why there's a photo of Krzyzewski in one of Okafor's father's "lookaway" pictures during a recruiting visit. There it is, Chucky not looking at the camera, Krzyzewski with arms crossed alongside him.

He wanted to get knee-deep with the players and their families as best he could in the short window he had, welcoming the borderline outlandish Chucky and the rest of the Okafor clan into the fold.

As his son celebrated on the court, Chucky stood with the other parents, including Debbie Jones, Tyus' mother, hooting and hollering. They alternated between tears and emotional hugs when their boys came off the court, chanting and yelling. That included a Chucky-led "When I say Coach, you say K" chant.

"I love Coach K. I love him,'' Chucky Okafor said. "He made my son into a man. He made them all men.''

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Pains me more then you know as a UNC fan but Congrats to Duke on their NC win last night. See you next year.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
LOL, .. after reading post #139, .. I can't take anything you say in this thread seriously.

No doubt I am a Duke fan and Grad but what I posted is true regardless.

There is never perfect officiating, losing teams or fans always complain about the officiating, what else?

The fact is the game was dead even during the first half.

Wisconsin outplayed Duke in the early second half until the last 13 minutes of the game when Duke used the full team to defensively, then offensively come back and win the game.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Allen is probably coming back... outside shot Jones comes back... but he's probably earned himself a mid first round look...
Justice, & Oakafur are possible top 5 picks, they're definitely not coming back... got what they came for... a trophy.
One and done....

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
The two non charges on Winslow which would have fouled him out were big (Dookie Hill said they were charges). However, he was clearly on the line when he passed to Okafor, that was two points. Then he clearly touched it on the way out of bounds, everyone in the world saw it except for three guys in stripes (hell even Dookie Hill said it was off Winslow), three points on the Jones 3. Those five points were the difference on the scoreboard.

I also wonder how a team that committed only two fouls in the first half (and which only averaged 11 per game) had committed 10 within twelve minutes in the second half. Wisconsin never got into the bonus in the second half.

While the refereeing might not have won the game for Dook as they did have to make their shots, it was definitely bad and one sided in the second half.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Does anyone else find it odd that Krzyzewski comes out at halftime and announces to the world that he felt his team had too many fouls and Wisconsin didn't have enough?

And then lo and behold as the second half is winding down, we find Wisconsin having 12 or 13 fouls and his team 4 or 5.

They review the out-of-bounds play, .. and get it wrong. (They need to give them bigger screens to look at)

Then they show where the Duke player stepped on the end-line but was never called.

Allen pushes off every time he drives to the basket.

I had no dog in this fight, .. I liked both groups of players. But it seems there is always something questionable where officials do something uncharacteristic of what they normally do.

I agree Bo Ryan should not have said anything, .. but why does there always have to be something that, as you watch, .. you say, .. "that's not right."

<coughDezcough>

questions a child might ask but not childish questions

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
No doubt I am a Duke fan and Grad but what I posted is true regardless.

And that's all well and good, .. it's good to have a favorite team, .. but you can't put posts like this out:

DUKE BABY...HATERS..SUCK IT UP! HAAA

#5 Baby!

... and then turn around and expect us to accept your "unbiased", "thought out" opinion of the game.

You can't have it both ways.

Enjoy the win, .. but spare me your "unbiased" opinion.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
And that's all well and good, .. it's good to have a favorite team, .. but you can't put posts like this out:

DUKE BABY...HATERS..SUCK IT UP! HAAA

#5 Baby!

... and then turn around and expect us to accept your "unbiased", "thought out" opinion of the game.

You can't have it both ways.

Enjoy the win, .. but spare me your "unbiased" opinion.

Everyone has a subjective opinion, even your perspective is subjective, you are not bias free just because neither team was your team.

Duke won the game, officiating is not perfect in any sport, Duke outplayed them during the last 10 minutes.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Everyone has a subjective opinion, even your perspective is subjective, you are not bias free just because neither team was your team.

Duke won the game, officiating is not perfect in any sport, Duke outplayed them during the last 10 minutes.

they did and while I believe that Winslow clearly charged on two occasions after he had three fouls, a foul call is one thing. However, there is NO excuse for the refs missing Winslow clearly being out of bounds on the Okafor dunk or missing that Winslow touched the ball before it went out of bounds. Those two misses gave Dook five points.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
they did and while I believe that Winslow clearly charged on two occasions after he had three fouls, a foul call is one thing. However, there is NO excuse for the refs missing Winslow clearly being out of bounds on the Okafor dunk or missing that Winslow touched the ball before it went out of bounds. Those two misses gave Dook five points.

Duke won the game, you dislike Duke, the argument is based on the notion of perfect officiating and the fact that Duke outplayed them in the last 10 minutes.

The Detriot Lions are unhappy with the Hitchens call but they still could have stopped Dallas but failed to do so, it cost them the game but you were fine with the victory.

There were questionable calls against Duke, that cost them points and playing time by key starters but they still found a way to win the game.

We could go through the entire NCAA championship game and season, analyze every game from every team, there will be errors in officiating but ultimately the better teams overcame them anyway.

Ultimately, in this game, Wisconsin simply had no answer for Duke when they attacked on defense and offense.

The rest is history!

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Other than possibly the 3rd foul on Okafor, what questionable call went against Dook?

You clearly have no explanation for how the refs were the only people on the planet not to see the ball off Winslow's hand.