20. Iowa
  21. LSU
  22. Florida St
  23. Buffalo
  24. Maryland
  25. Cincinnati

DFWJC

Reaction score
In order, which 10 ranked teams would you MOST want to win all this year?

DFWJC

Reaction score

Ghost12

Reaction score
It was a freakish play.
I don't think his injury is bad at all, but Duke will rest him the max amount needed before the tourney. That team still has two other top 5ish players on their team.
I wouldn't blame him if he shuts it down for the season, but I hope he comes back.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
LOL Big 12 is not better. ACC top 3 teams are better than every team in the Big 12. I’d be surprised if any Big 12 team makes the final four.
You will be very wrong is my guess.
The Big 12 won;t ave any 1 seeds but will be deep in top 5 seeds and put the vast majority of the conference in the tourney.

Virginia is a carbon copy of Texas Tech who is coming off an Elite 8 appearance. Best two defenses in the country.

UNC is insanely overrated based largely on beating Duke with Zion out and name recognition.

The Big 12 has no bad teams versus the ACC with 2 elite ones, 1 very good one and then some fair to middling ones before dropping off the face of the earth with some really non competitive teams.
The Big 12 is like the old Big East where a 4 loss conference team can win the National title.
The Big 12 has been the best basketball conference for a while.
Teams going through that are battle tested and ready for tourney play.

DFWJC

Reaction score
LOL Big 12 is not better. ACC top 3 teams are better than every team in the Big 12. I’d be surprised if any Big 12 team makes the final four.
jt's a good dude, but no need to ever debate him when it comes to Big 12 biases.

This is the same guy who said the ACC as a conference was not as attractive as the Big 12. (referring to FSU and Clemson leaving ACC for Big 12)

Cross referencing overall sports (as measured by Sear's Cup) and academics (as measured by USA News)...the ACC is the very top overall combined. The Big 10 and Pac 12 are next....when combining overall sports and academics.

Not only that, but they also won in the big sports like football (3 titles in 6 years) and basketball (3 in 6 years and 5 of last 10)

Better just to agree to disagree with jt on these topics.

btw, his point on basketball overall rating is true. The Big 12 only has a few teams but they are all pretty decent....so the average rating would be high. Top end of ACC is far better though....imo

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score
As a UNC fan, I'm pumped for the next few weeks!

Beat Syracuse tonight!
Definitely have improved throughout the season. Not at all the same team now as they were early in the year.

They don't seem like true title contenders to me though, but you never know.
Two title games in last 3 years, so we can't complain at all.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Definitely have improved throughout the season. Not at all the same team now as they were early in the year.

They don't seem like true title contenders to me though, but you never know.
Two title games in last 3 years, so we can't complain at all.
Seemed like Roy had a difficult time getting them to 'buy-in' earlier in the season, especially on the defensive side of the ball which was clearly evident against Michigan and Louisville. His team has been predicated on dominant big men for many years, so it's definitely taken some work and scheming to get this undersized team rolling. Watching him flat out man Coach K last week and put up 62 points in the paint is one of the greatest things I've ever seen.

I definitely like what I'm seeing out of Freshmen Nassir Little and Coby White. They're going to need to step up big next season when we lose Luke, Kenny, and Cam.

DFWJC

Reaction score
NCAA Basketball National Titles by conference (with current conference affiliations included...so in early years Big East and Metro would have more if we use conferences at the time of title. And Pac 12 would have many more if we went back 50 years)

40 years
15--ACC (5 teams--Duke, UNC, NC St, Louisville, Syracuse)
6--Big 10 (4 teams--Mich St, Michigan, Maryland, Indiana)
6--SEC (3 teams--Kentucky, Florida, Arkansas)
4--Big East (2 teams--Villanova, Georgetown)
4--American (1 team--UConn)
2--Pac 12 (2 teams--UCLA, Arizona)
2--Big 12 (1 team--Kansas)
1--MWC (1 team--UNLV)

30 years
11--ACC (4 teams--Duke, UNC, Louisville, Syracuse)
6--SEC (3 teams--Kentucky, Florida, Arkansas)
3--Big 10 (4 teams--Mich St, Michigan, Maryland)
2--Pac 12 (2 teams--UCLA, Arizona)
2--Big East (1 teams--Villanova)
1--Big 12 (1 team--Kansas)
1--MWC (1 team--UNLV)
0--all others

20 years
8--ACC (4 teams--Duke, UNC, Louisville, Syracuse)
3--SEC (2 teams--Kentucky, Florida)
2--Big 10 (2 teams--Mich St, Maryland)
2--Big East (1 team--Villanova)
1--Big 12 (1 team--Kansas)
0--Pac 12 (0 teams)
0--all others

10 years
5--ACC (3 teams--Duke, UNC, Louisville)
2--American (1 team--UConn)
2--Big East (1 teams--Villanova)
1--SEC (1 teams--Kentucky)
0--Big 10 (0 teams)

0--Big 12 (1 team--Kansas)
0--Pac 12 (0 teams)
0--all others

uvaballa

Reaction score
You will be very wrong is my guess.
The Big 12 won;t ave any 1 seeds but will be deep in top 5 seeds and put the vast majority of the conference in the tourney.

Virginia is a carbon copy of Texas Tech who is coming off an Elite 8 appearance. Best two defenses in the country.

UNC is insanely overrated based largely on beating Duke with Zion out and name recognition.

The Big 12 has no bad teams versus the ACC with 2 elite ones, 1 very good one and then some fair to middling ones before dropping off the face of the earth with some really non competitive teams.
The Big 12 is like the old Big East where a 4 loss conference team can win the National title.
The Big 12 has been the best basketball conference for a while.
Teams going through that are battle tested and ready for tourney play.

You may be the only person in the country who believes that. I can't even name the last time the Big 12 won a NC. It's normally KU and then just everyone else. This year seems to be a lot more depth but the top teams just aren't good enough to contend.

You know UNC has wins against the current #1 and #3 teams. They aren't overrated.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Interesting Tuesday
#4 Kentucky held off Arkansas
#20 Va Tech upset #3 Duke
#5 UNC won at Syracuse
Although both teams are unranked, W. Virginia beat TCU in triple OT

uvaballa

Reaction score
Duke isn’t the same team without Zion. They need his scoring and energy. He’s going to return so they’ll be fine.

I forgot Shayok is leading the Big 12 in scoring and he was the 4th or 5th option at UVA. Big difference in talent between teams like ISU and UVA.