Twitter: Neal signing with Tampa

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
We have to get a another LB if not two in this draft. LVE and Cox coming off an ACL is not a plan.
Agreed. That's why I have said Cowboys should target Penn State LB Brandon Smith in the 2nd round, even if they have to add one of their four 5th rounders to move up earlier in the 2nd round to make sure and get him. It's that important.

Then add another LB either in the 4th or 5th.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Should help offset the Washington signing for the comp pick tally.

• Also starting with the 2020 CBA, under App. V, §11, teams may exclude UFAs from the compensatory formula if the player signs a 1 year contract for less than approximately $1.75 million.

https://overthecap.com/the-basics-and-methodology-of-projecting-the-nfls-compensatory-draft-picks/

But it also means they don't get a comp pick if he leaves next year:

• Starting with the 2020 CBA, under App. V, §10, players who sign Veteran Salary Benefit contracts will not be eligible to become CFAs.

John813

Reaction score
So I'd assume he'll be a SS there?
Wasn't he saying he wanted to go back to safety?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I love the headline I just saw: "Buccaneers Sign Former Cowboys Defensive Standout".

Did they watch a single Cowboys game last year? Over half the Tampa Bay media probably didn't even know he was a Cowboy last year.

exciter

Reaction score
Teams, including ours, kill me trying to square peg players. Position flex triggers me now. Get players that are masters of that position. Converting T to G and S to LB isn't working. I understand Jayron Kearse being a hybrid and all, but position flex is killing me. Also, there are players outside the state of Texas that can play too. I think our FO like stories better than actual players. Premium defender? What a joke.

*note* I'm not saying that Neal is from Texas
LoL, we should release Parsons right now before he embarrasses the entire fan base!!!

fivetwos

Reaction score
Wow I wouldn't trust this dude at safety.

WLB fine...and thats a maybe, but his closing speed is really sub par at this point.

Can't even say he was in the wrong scheme here.

Then again he probably wasn't bad enough to be done in the league and probably worth the risk for Tampa.

Whatever. Not a needle mover.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
He looked slow and soft last year. That was next to Kearse in comparison but still he was not making plays out there.

CWR

Reaction score
He already introduced himself to Mike Evans.

That's a hell of a catch if ruled complete. Irvin would've stood up, looked Neal in the eyes and did his Kung ** 1st down signal. Cowboys fans would've gone wild too. Lol