Need some help with WRs

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Jarvis Landry.

Quick, precision route runner, great hands. Smaller guy. Produced with bad QB play.

Last edited:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I don't see any FA WRs that I would want to give a huge long term contract; however, there are several that would be good to have if the price is reasonable.

I would look at:
24 JAC Allen Robinson - Missed 2017 with injury and his team has to re-sign another starting WR (M.Lee). Maybe a 1-year prove it deal.
24 LA Sammy Watkins - He loves our new WR coach. He didn't have a big year statistically which might keep his price reasonable.

Don't know Allen Robinson but very familiar with Sammy. He's never been the savior some thought but he's a very good WR. I'm on board with him at the right price. Not sure what that price is but his cap figures are ok with me as they are.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Jarvis Landry.

Quick, precision route runner, great hands. Smaller guy. Produced with bad QB play.

I'm all over Landry but he's a possession WR. Look at his YPC. Productive though. What are you going to do with Dez ie where does Landry fit in this group?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Calvin Ridley at 19.
If he is gone...DJ Moore,Maryland in the 2nd Rd.
other options beyond Rd 2
Simmie Cobbs,Indiana
Anthony Miller,Memphis
Cedric Wilson,Boise St
Parris Campbell,Ohio St

D.J. Moore.

Think Steve Smith.

Draft him. Prosper.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Yeah, a bit taller otherwise comparable coming out. He's got a long way to go to be mentioned in the same breath career wise.
Dismiss him if you wish. He is that kind of player that nobody cares about because he does not fit constructs.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Dismiss him if you wish. He is that kind of player that nobody cares about because he does not fit constructs.

I didn't dismiss him and if you read the entire thread I'd already compared him to Smith. At least I mentioned Smith somewhere.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Landry is a slot guy - we've got plenty of those.

Allen Robinson is a jump-ball receiver just like Dez.

The only guy who I think actually makes sense is Watkins.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Landry is a slot guy - we've got plenty of those.

Allen Robinson is a jump-ball receiver just like Dez.

The only guy who I think actually makes sense is Watkins.

Probably the only FA we need although I like Landry. Moore and Ridley are two I'd love to have. I'd draft two WRs unless we score big in FA.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
How fast must they be?

The NFL is full of 4.4 DBs. In order to get the consistent downfield seperation Dak needs the WR needs to be in the 4.3s like Fuller.

Dak's lack of ability to place throws downfield means he either needs quick underneath WR or guys that can get consistent separation and give him leeway.

Verdict

Reaction score
AGE FROM PLAYER
24 JAC Allen Robinson
24 LA Sammy Watkins
24 IND Donte Moncrief
26 ATL Taylor Gabriel
25 MIA Jarvis Landry
31 BAL Mike Wallace
25 SEA Paul Richardson
26 JAC Marqise Lee
28 CHI Kendall Wright
25 BUF Jordan Matthews
28 WAS Terrelle Pryor
27 ARI John Brown
32 NE Danny Amendola
27 WAS Ryan Grant
30 TEN Eric Decker
28 BUF Deonte Thompson
25 KC Albert Wilson
28 ARI Jaron Brown
28 CHI Josh Bellamy
28 CHI Dontrelle Inman
27 DAL Brice Butler
25 DEN Cody Latimer
27 NYG Tavarres King
26 BAL Michael Campanaro
25 KC De'Anthony Thomas
28 IND Kamar Aiken
27 CAR Brenton Bersin
30 SF Louis Murphy
26 CAR Kaelin Clay
30 BUF Brandon Tate
28 MIN Michael Floyd
28 WAS Brian Quick
29 ARI Brittan Golden
27 ATL Nick Williams
26 PIT Justin Hunter
30 ATL Andre Roberts
26 GB Jeff Janis
32 TEN Harry Douglas
32 TEN Eric Weems
32 NE Matthew Slater
28 CAR Charles Johnson
26 BUF Jeremy Butler

Marquise Lee is one of the most under rated guys in the league. The guy can flat *** ball.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
The NFL is full of 4.4 DBs. In order to get the consistent downfield seperation Dak needs the WR needs to be in the 4.3s like Fuller.

Dak's lack of ability to place throws downfield means he either needs quick underneath WR or guys that can get consistent separation and give him leeway.

I'll take that speed but you get as much separation with route running.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I'll take that speed but you get as much separation with route running.

Sure but not consistently unless they are uberelite route runners with OBJ quickness. You single cover 4.3 speed and don't get a good jam you will see consistent separation. Throw in route running and it's over. You need a 2 deep zone and a buzzing LB to stop it.

I just don't trust Dak placing the ball downfield. IF we cannot get a speedster the Miles Austin prototype we've gone with for 20 years doesn't help Dak.

Mike Evans is not the prototype Dak needs. He ideally would want an uberquick route guy like OBJ or an uberfast guy like Will Fuller. Those guys do make it to 19 or thereabouts but I don't see them in the 2nd much less the third unless they are a project. Projects don't run routes pretty much by definition.