Twitter: Need to re-sign Michael Bennett

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Crawford is not a WDE. If Bennett isn't a WDE then neither is Crawford. Just because we may run him out there as a WDE doesn't mean he actually can play it effectively.

Bennett is a better player and a better fit at DE than Crawford. Crawford is basically a 3T trying to play DE. If you wanted to play him at DE, it would be better to play him at LDE but that's Lawrence's position.
Crawford is another of those legacy players we have had that we need to canablize his contract.

He got into legal issues..

then health issued and we paid him all along.

Beasley was no different. We could no longer afford him and he left.

If Crawford wants to remain, he needs to prove his value.

The only way to do that is to release him,
Absolutely not,i am sick of this guy jumping offsides twice a game.
Yeah..

His quick twitch ain't what it once was. Obviously he has to take chances to pass rush.

Even DeMarcus Ware did some of that when we finally released him.

So not sure how critical it is.

Now defensive holding is another thing. With all the new DBs..I expect alot more ahead with them.

Maybe or maybe not.

shabazz

Reaction score
I think the Las Vegas Raiders is gonna be a great fit for him.

Sydla

Reaction score
Sweet fancy Moses people lets get serious about trying to improve.

You sign Bennett, he's the 2nd best DE on the roster behind Lawrence.

It's not ideal by any stretch but if you want to improve the DE spot right now, Bennett isn't a bad option at this point (granted, Griffen and a few others are probably better options).

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
What youngsters?

The "youngsters" at DE are a 5th round pick from last year, a 7th round pick from last year and another 5th round pick this year. That's not to say none will develop, maybe one will, but the notion that we can't add a quality veteran because we need to let these youngsters play is a bit of wishful, optimistic thinking. The reality is that the "youngsters" all are more likely to not be much of anything or just end up as valuable backup players than of being significant impacts at DE.

Joe Jackson, Dorance Armstrong, Jalen Jelks and Bradlee Anae, to name a few and there will be more, before all is said and done. I'm not saying they'll all be successful but if one or two are, it should be enough to help greatly. Someone like Everson Griffen could also be acquired, although, he's not a youngster, by any means. If Bennett and/or Crawford can beat them out for a spot, I say more power to 'em. There's no need to exclude a youngster, just because they weren't early draft picks. May the best man win! I see nothing wrong with that. I suspect both Crawford and Bennett are at the end of their days as viable DEs. We'll see. ;)

Last edited:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Bad attitude? It was reported he was one of the few on defense that cared all that much last year and was pushing guys to play better and harder. He's a weird dude for sure.
Yeah..

Bennett made his mark.

He obviously knew something was missing.

He was clearly right.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
The only impressions Bennett left on me are looking ridiculous and being off side. He's nothing special at this point.

Had more sacks last season than Tank did (6.5 vs. 5.0).