Negotiating Leverage

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Ridley apparently didnt have a good combine and has been sliding in most mocks. if hes there roll all three. Championship.
Dude! If Ridley slips to 19, it is truly going to be all time grip city in our war room! What a spectacle that would be...lol

mugsybows

Reaction score
Dude! If Ridley slips to 19, it is truly going to be all time grip city in our war room! What a spectacle that would be...lol
it could happen. and they could roll all three with a ridley as a safety net if dez has another down year and they decide to part ways next year. i think they give dez one more season as a shot. this is make or break. i would not be surprised in the least if ridley is there and they take him and start season stacked on paper.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
If I am Dez i am laughing in their faces..
Go ahead and cut me. I'll just get a raise... Did you see what these lesser WR's just got paid.

Come on man.....Stop it already...

Oh, its money? I thought it was for his subpar play

Sydla

Reaction score
The Cowboys now have it as of today.

They tried to sign Watkins. That was the initial sign of their strategy with regard to Dez.

Now they sign two WRs in less than a week with Hurns being a formidable productive fill in for a variety of strategic directions. Now they can still look at a #1 WR in the draft.... OR force Dez to take the pay cut that is coming. That conversation is going to happen sooner rather than later. Does it happen before the draft or after? My guess is before...

Regardless, the Cowboys now have all the leverage to go to Dez and have that conversation in a fair and equitable fashion for both sides. No antics. No crap. Just reality. Take the pay cut or have a nice life.

LOL.

Bryant would be scared of Hurns and Thompson?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Ridley apparently didnt have a good combine and has been sliding in most mocks. if hes there roll all three. Championship.
This also explains why the NFLN mocks were just all over the Ridley to Dallas angle a few minutes ago and speculating on whether or not that Ridley pick means He's is done in Dallas.... I was tripping for a sec. Didn't know Ridley was slipping. I didn't watch the Combine as closely this year as I normally do.

fansince68

Reaction score
The Cowboys now have it as of today.

They tried to sign Watkins. That was the initial sign of their strategy with regard to Dez.

Now they sign two WRs in less than a week with Hurns being a formidable productive fill in for a variety of strategic directions. Now they can still look at a #1 WR in the draft.... OR force Dez to take the pay cut that is coming. That conversation is going to happen sooner rather than later. Does it happen before the draft or after? My guess is before...

Regardless, the Cowboys now have all the leverage to go to Dez and have that conversation in a fair and equitable fashion for both sides. No antics. No crap. Just reality. Take the pay cut or have a nice life.
They need to have the same conversation with Witten. Both players have declined. We love Witten because he is a leader on this team. But its obvious his production is down.. Crawfords play is sub par. Why not discuss a pay cut with him as well. Players should realize that if they want to win, they are going to have to give in some to allow dollars to sign players at other positions that will help the team win.

mugsybows

Reaction score
This also explains why the NFLN mocks were just all over the Ridley to Dallas angle a few minutes ago and speculating on whether or not that Ridley pick means He's is done in Dallas.... I was tripping for a sec. Didn't know Ridley was slipping. I didn't watch the Combine as closely this year as I normally do.
in every mock ive seen he went from top 15 to falling to us or even farther to the jags. seen a lot of mocks where he is our pick.

Sydla

Reaction score
StMxTd3.jpg

Ridley isn’t an elite WR.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I've advocated for moving on from Dez, but I think we have a legit #2 now for the first time in his career so I'd like to see how it pushes him.

I'm a huge Beas fan, but I think he's the odd man out. I would say move on from Williams, but his contract is prohibitive to cutting him, it would have to be a trade.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
It will absolutely not be enough.

This thread is hilarious.
Of course it is to you. Reality is hitting today for our current WRs (Dez included). The FO is putting them all on notice (incl Dez)...

mugsybows

Reaction score
I've advocated for moving on from Dez, but I think we have a legit #2 now for the first time in his career so I'd like to see how it pushes him.

I'm a huge Beas fan, but I think he's the odd man out. I would say move on from Williams, but his contract is prohibitive to cutting him, it would have to be a trade.
on the fan they were speculating would the cowboys trade 7ths with a team with williams included just to get him off the books.

Sydla

Reaction score
Bryant would be scared of the Cowboys FO new mindset. Remember, they tried to sign Sammy Watkins...

And as said he’d dare them to cut him because with what WRs are getting, he’s find a nice contract somewhere else.

And that’s your flaw in your thinking. That he wouldn’t get paid somewhere else.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
They need to have the same conversation with Witten. Both players have declined. We love Witten because he is a leader on this team. But its obvious his production is down.. Crawfords play is sub par. Why not discuss a pay cut with him as well. Players should realize that if they want to win, they are going to have to give in some to allow dollars to sign players at other positions that will help the team win.
I wholeheartedly agree.

mugsybows

Reaction score
i will say this. this hurns move and the possibility of him and dez 1-2 is finally making me excited again. ive missed it.

Sydla

Reaction score
You cannot be serious.....

Dead.

Is he AJ Green? Is he a Julio Jones type?

He’s a slightly slower version of Will Fuller who was drafted roughly in the same range.

If you think he’s the same kind of talent Bryant was and showed early in his NFL career I would have to guess you are related to him or a Bama fan.