Negotiating Leverage

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
And as said he’d dare them to cut him because with what WRs are getting, he’s find a nice contract somewhere else.

And that’s your flaw in your thinking. That he wouldn’t get paid somewhere else.
I'm not one to care what he gets paid elsewhere. I'm focused on his impact on the DALLAS COWBOYS ability to put a squad together. Pay cut time.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Since we don't have a FO that has grasp the concept of making a trade that actually works in our favor without Jerry giving away draft picks like they were Halloween candy, it might be more cost effective just to cut Dez.

dallasdave

Reaction score
it could happen. and they could roll all three with a ridley as a safety net if dez has another down year and they decide to part ways next year. i think they give dez one more season as a shot. this is make or break. i would not be surprised in the least if ridley is there and they take him and start season stacked on paper.
Yeah if they cut lose DEZ next year it is just 4 million agaisnt the salary cap,.

Sydla

Reaction score
on the fan they were speculating would the cowboys trade 7ths with a team with williams included just to get him off the books.

He only saves 1MM if traded.

So the notion of getting him off the books doesn’t make much sense.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Dead.

Is he AJ Green? Is he a Julio Jones type?

He’s a slightly slower version of Will Fuller who was drafted roughly in the same range.

If you think he’s the same kind of talent Bryant was and showed early in his NFL career I would have to guess you are related to him or a Bama fan.
I'll just agree to disagree. :popcorn:

mugsybows

Reaction score
He only saves 1MM if traded.

So the notion of getting him off the books doesn’t make much sense.
yeah thats what they boiled it down to. i think they just see it as 1 million wasted. not much but yeah

Sydla

Reaction score
I'm not one to care what he gets paid elsewhere. I'm focused on his impact on the DALLAS COWBOYS ability to put a squad together. Pay cut time.

But what he thinks is the entire premise here. Your thinking is that he will be forced to take a pay cut. But why? He’d just dare them to cut him because he knows if they do cut him, he’ll just get paid by someone else. He won’t be on the open market very long.

Hence, the Cowboys don’t have as much leverage as you claim.

Sydla

Reaction score
I'll just agree to disagree. :popcorn:

If he was, why isn’t he showing up in mocks in the Top 15?

It’s because while a good WR prospect few see him as a sure fire stud like an AJ Green or Julio Jones.

sideon

Reaction score
Maybe, but it would be ideal to rock a Dez and Hurns duo.

Hurns can stretch the field, so maybe we can stop sending Dez on go routes and instead use him like Landry in Miami. Short to medium passes designed for YAC
You mean like what Dez & Romo excelled at:thumbup: It sounds so simple yet the coach makes it so hard:banghead:

birdwells1

Reaction score
A Dez/Hurns combo definitely has some possibilities. But only if Dez entertains a good discussion when they start talking about a more realistic per year salary avg. It's coming.

Dez is looking for a pay raise.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Dez is due for 12.5m in new money this year, all in base salary. If he got cut, it is very likely he would get that much in first year salary and SB when you consider the numbers receivers are getting signed for.