Video: Negotiations looking touch and go

glimmerman

Reaction score
Dak is playing this season with or without an extension. Lets get 6!!!
May extend him during the bye week, see if he has improved this season. Not a bad move if he is sticking with 34 million asking price.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't blame him for asking but maybe they need to take this as a sign and let him play through this contract? Is he going to want much more than that after a year? The salaries are not going to take the same jump they have been taking until Mahomes gets his deal.

Might that want to take a look at Prescott with the new OC to make sure it really wasn't the old OC?

I can agree that it's the market creating this but maybe the market is out of whack because there's no way he's worth 34M a year, 30M was a stretch when compared to the other QB's and their salaries and their level of play.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Pocket lint and stale crackers. Thats my offer.........
If SJ is in charge maybe just the pocket lint.. SJ will eventually just call him on the phone like he did D-Law. Then give Dak 40 million a year.. LOL

Techsass

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only 2 weeks left & we can start speculating on training camp vids!!!

It's Sunday, so OK let's talk Dak.

I'm a fan & really believe he is going to mirror Wilson's career progression in many ways. He isn't worth $34m, no way, no how.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Only 2 weeks left & we can start speculating on training camp vids!!!

It's Sunday, so OK let's talk Dak.

I'm a fan & really believe he is going to mirror Wilson's career progression in many ways. He isn't worth $34m, no way, no how.

Lol I'll get excited around September 5th or so

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Hey you're already on here, so don't try pretending that you aren't just as addicted as the rest of us.

I love football. I care about the draft. Free agency mainly for other teams than after that i just hope for health and wait until September. I dont get into training camp and preseason tbh.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I heard that Dak said he is actively a part of the negotiations, after hearing his latest statement I have a feeling he is gonna play hardball and no discount will be given.. If I am Dak I am calling them and saying I don't care what you want to make it look like per year.. You can make it look like 20 a year. I just want that guaranteed money and signing bonus..

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
It won’t until a contract is signed then it will be a million threads on how bad of a contract it is.

Also they are not saying anything nee and they don’t know anymore then anyone on this forum. All conjecture and uninformed opinions.
Yep. They base their opinions on the fact that he hasn’t signed yet, which to them means something is going wrong... which of course is pure speculation.

Dak did say that there is enough money to go around, which is in rebuttal to what the media is force feeding the masses (that there isn’t enough money to sign everyone the Cowboys want to).

It is essential to remember that this is the dead time for sports talk media and that they’re going to speculate and over analyze everything. They make drama where there is none at any time... in this slow period, they’ll say just about anything to keep talking.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
If I am Dak I am calling them and saying I don't care what you want to make it look like per year.. You can make it look like 20 a year. I just want that guaranteed money and signing bonus..

If I'm the one paying the bills my response would be "Go out and earn it first. As of now you have failed to do that."

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey you're already on here, so don't try pretending that you aren't just as addicted as the rest of us.
Yeah, just because StarBoyz83 hasn't made all of the meetings doesn't mean he's not addicted.

And let's put things in perspective, we had 3X the Romo chatter for 3X as long as we've had about Prescott, this is just getting started. Hell, some still want to talk about Crayton's drop!