Video: Negotiations looking touch and go

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I love football. I care about the draft. Free agency mainly for other teams than after that i just hope for health and wait until September. I dont get into training camp and preseason tbh.
I’m a big fan of the draft. Really big. And for me, there’s no better time to check out all the drafted rookies and UDFA than training camp and the pre season games.

I’m very much looking forward to hearing how Westry, Wise, The Jackson Two, etc. are competing in practice and seeing them play in the PS games.

I do know it isn’t for everyone though.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m a big fan of the draft. Really big. And for me, there’s no better time to check out all the drafted rookies and UDFA than training camp and the pre season games.

I’m very much looking forward to hearing how Westry, Wise, The Jackson Two, etc. are competing in practice and seeing them play in the PS games.

I do know it isn’t for everyone though.
Yep, I flashback to when I was a nutty fan and knew all of the names/numbers. Back in the day, unless it was a player like Dorsett, you were only going to see the rooks in preseason because most HC's didn't like playing rooks when it got real. So, it was like watching a little glimpse of the future. Then I'd watch them move up the depth chart until they became a starter and I felt invested because I had watched them grow into it.

That has shifted now because most of them have to show something to stick. Back in the day, Connor Williams wouldn't have seen the field last season as most OL were seen as developmental players.

JayFord

Reaction score
Why even pay attention to cowboys contract signings

It gets dragged out so the media has something to talk about since everything Dallas gets views

I’m willing to bet Dak has already signed a contract and Jerry and Stephen said be quiet and let it drag out so we can keep being talked about thus keeping us relevant in the media

Techsass

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love football. I care about the draft. Free agency mainly for other teams than after that i just hope for health and wait until September. I dont get into training camp and preseason tbh.
Oh OK then. My bad

glimmerman

Reaction score
If I were Dak I'd hold out for the moon, too. Jerry will give it to him. No way do they ever let him walk.
He is a running style QB, so he and his agent has to be worried he gets a bad leg injury this season without that guaranteed money.. And if Moore uses him like that then it will increase the odds of injury..

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is this a behind the scenes think tank topic?

Garrett is in the last year of his contract, they've already felt Payton out about moving and the QB situation and he's not comfortable with giving this QB that much of the cap? Of course, we don't know what this much is of how far apart they are. If they're going to give him top QB money, they're going to have major problems. There are players on the team that are better ta their positions on a comparative basis that are going to push the envelope.

One thing I do know, I like him a lot less when he talks because he doesn't know jack**** about cap management. The last guy to make that stupid comments saw the defending SB team purging players because of his 20M salary. Prescott, trying to sell your greed to the fans? Some of us actually had to go to class. Just shut up and don't try to be the good guy because only the blind will see you as a good guy holding the team up for 34M. You are the greedy guy, live with it and you'd better not stink it up because those fans can turn on you like a rabid dog.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I were Dak I'd hold out for the moon, too. Jerry will give it to him. No way do they ever let him walk.
How can they? They started shooting off their mouths and making this a public thing. Now you've got the QB spouting off like a math major about caponomics. He really is stupid if he thinks he's selling that BS and I am crossing over because I don't like him. He's a coward. You go for the dough, go for it, be a man. I do not respect some awesome person jock trying to spin his chicken **** into chicken salad.

"Hi, I am Dak and I am greedy but I want you to like me".

glimmerman

Reaction score
Is this a behind the scenes think tank topic?

Garrett is in the last year of his contract, they've already felt Payton out about moving and the QB situation and he's not comfortable with giving this QB that much of the cap? Of course, we don't know what this much is of how far apart they are. If they're going to give him top QB money, they're going to have major problems. There are players on the team that are better ta their positions on a comparative basis that are going to push the envelope.

One thing I do know, I like him a lot less when he talks because he doesn't know jack**** about cap management. The last guy to make that stupid comments saw the defending SB team purging players because of his 20M salary. Prescott, trying to sell your greed to the fans? Some of us actually had to go to class. Just shut up and don't try to be the good guy because only the blind will see you as a good guy holding the team up for 34M. You are the greedy guy, live with it and you'd better not stink it up because those fans can turn on you like a rabid dog.
He better improve this year, pressure will be on him whether they pay him first or not. He is either playing for the big contract or playing to earn the big contract.. He should go out and play. One good thing about him is that pressure don't seem to het to him on the field.

glimmerman

Reaction score
How can they? They started shooting off their mouths and making this a public thing. Now you've got the QB spouting off like a math major about caponomics. He really is stupid if he thinks he's selling that BS and I am crossing over because I don't like him. He's a coward. You go for the dough, go for it, be a man. I do not respect some awesome person jock trying to spin his chicken **** into chicken salad.

"Hi, I am Dak and I am greedy but I want you to like me".
Pretty much doing what D-Law did, him and his agent making it public to push the issue.. I would have preferred for Dak to stay out if it like he was up until this last statement. But on the other hand the season isn't on yet and the media has nothing else to talk about or ask him so every question from the media is about the contract. He could have handles it different.

Techsass

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not too long ago we were arguing whether he was worth $28m. Quite a few cut the line at $25m.

glimmerman

Reaction score
All these guys are getting paid waaaaay too much money for playing a GAME. I’m to the point where they can all go pound sand.
I would have given you 2 likes for that post if I could.. I think they are all making to much money and they have agents pushing it up and up every year. They say they have to make enough money to live the rest of there lives. 34 million a year is enough for several to live off of for life..

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
  • He better improve this year, pressure will be on him whether they pay him first or not. He is either playing for the big contract or playing to earn the big contract.. He should go out and play. One good thing about him is that pressure don't seem to het to him on the field.
    He hasn't felt pressure on the field. Drag down that kind of coin and make mistakes or fail to improve and he'll know how Dandy felt. Imagine that with the fact the fans know he's making that amount of money. More in one game than the average Joe will earn in a lifetime.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm truly hoping that Dak gets his due, although the question that follows is: just what is he worth? He's been patient about not complaining about his bargain basement rookie contract and made the best of it. I'd give him due credit him for that. I believe he actually deserves a $30k contract at most but certainly, not a cent more. Of course, in the end, it remains to be seen what the FO and Dak ultimately agree, as to how much is fair. A grand or two more than what Wentz got should actually be plenty, imho.

glimmerman

Reaction score
  • He hasn't felt pressure on the field. Drag down that kind of coin and make mistakes or fail to improve and he'll know how Dandy felt. Imagine that with the fact the fans know he's making that amount of money. More in one game than the average Joe will earn in a lifetime.
Agreed, and your teammates knowing what your getting paid. I hear a lot of then saying they don't care how much another player is making, but I bet there are some that do care, especially if they feel he is not earning it. And yet he is telling his team mates to get all you can, cause that's what he is gonna do. Don't worry guys the cap will go up next year.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not too long ago we were arguing whether he was worth $28m. Quite a few cut the line at $25m.
It's wacky. I was hesitant at 25M and then hoping they could get him for 30M and the guy is a mid level QB and most likely to be that all his career.

Here's the real wacky part. Most agree he's not elite and will need a team around him and we're hoping he could only bring down 16% of the cap? Any team that knows that have a "build the team around him" QB and makes him one of the highest paid QB's deserves everything they get.

And maybe that's what's going on? Maybe the brain trust is getting cold feet? If I were the GM, before I'd do this deal, I'd tell them to put every bad pass he's thrown on video and I'd watch that and convince myself that is correctible before I'd do that deal. And my HC, OC and QBC would be sitting right beside me with the understanding their jobs ride with this guy. Let's see how onboard they really are.