Video: Negotiations looking touch and go

cern

Reaction score
I’m a big fan of the draft. Really big. And for me, there’s no better time to check out all the drafted rookies and UDFA than training camp and the pre season games.

I’m very much looking forward to hearing how Westry, Wise, The Jackson Two, etc. are competing in practice and seeing them play in the PS games.

I do know it isn’t for everyone though.
the first two preseason games can tell a lot about those we drafted. I wasn't too happy about the freddy pick until I watched him in the second preseason game that year. then I knew we had a star at center.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What if I want to get unhappy, prematurely, about Amari and beat the rush? And I want it on record, I was among the first to be unhappy about Elliott.

So much to be unhappy about and so little time. Before you know it, we'll have a season to be unhappy about.

You could do that, sure. Or visit an old favorite and be unhappy about the Demarcus Lawrence impasse for old times sake for a little bit. Maybe start a thread about how we need to trade him or something.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I’m a big fan of the draft. Really big. And for me, there’s no better time to check out all the drafted rookies and UDFA than training camp and the pre season games.

I’m very much looking forward to hearing how Westry, Wise, The Jackson Two, etc. are competing in practice and seeing them play in the PS games.

I do know it isn’t for everyone though.

I like hearing how people are doing but I take all of it with a grain of salt if you know what I mean. Really doesnt mean much to me.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I like hearing how people are doing but I take all of it with a grain of salt if you know what I mean. Really doesnt mean much to me.
True. After doing it as long as I have, I can kind of weed through the sunshine reports and can kind of tell when a young player really looks good.

For instance, if I hear that a rookie is looking good and making plays in camp, that is hopeful but doesn’t convince me that he’s a player. However, if you hear that and then he looks really good in PS games... then usually those guys do pretty well.

Just hearing good reports mean nothing just as often as they mean the guy is good. I need to see it in the games.

I do like to hear that a young guy knows where he’s supposed to be and understands his job very early in the process. That is usually a good sign because it means the guy is taking it seriously and has a work ethic to start out. Then it is just a matter of, is he talented enough.

I certainly understand not giving it too much weight until the games count though. You’re probably closer to the norm than me, haha.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The fans or the team will move on to Amari? Or both?

Fans will piss and moan about whoever it’s reported we’re trying to sign until we actually sign them. I was referring to the fans, but only because the follow the storylines like a lab following a tennis ball when the team fakes the throw.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Fans will piss and moan about whoever it’s reported we’re trying to sign until we actually sign them. I was referring to the fans, but only because the follow the storylines like a lab following a tennis ball when the team fakes the throw.
:laugh:

cern

Reaction score
one of the non-monetary aspects of contract negotiations is timing and urgency. right now, no urgency. the season's a month and a half away. no timing issues. this is dak's first rodeo. it isn't stephen's.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Which fan base, Pappy? A lot here are all about "pay the man".

They're not going to lose those players because of Dak but they will have to let some walk or trade them if they add the cumulative effect of Cooper, Elliott to the OL and Lawrence along with Dak.

But the real question that remains is that if they do not keep Dak, who do they get? Do they try and trade up in the 1st, lose some picks and take a chance on a miss? This is a team that tried to trade up for Lynch and was going to take Cook before settling on Prescott.

The Cowboys came out and said they're all in on Prescott so the fanbase has that message. He has a 66% winning % and 2 of the last 3 division titles.

The team is caught between he's not good enough to be paid as the best but he's too good to let walk. They do not have good history at that position and when you look at the misfires just in the 1st round alone, has Prescott not successfully made himself a necessity? It would be easier if he could be worse. He's just good enough to make them second guess themselves if they can do as well in the draft.

You wish it was only "Pappy" but our fans are not all Dak-Blind and put the team above any 1 player.
Open your Dak-eyes and look around my man there is doubt everywhere as money talks and @@ walks....you get the idea then again with you Dak-Zoids who knows?
Let me say it again.....TEAM 1st.......

staubach24

Reaction score
What exactly has Dak done? The 2 division titles were won on the back of Zeke and one of the best Olines in football(when healthy). Plus a vastly improving defense over the last 3 years. Too many players with contracts coming up in the next couple years that “deserve” top dollar, will be deprived if he gets paid. If Zeke, Jaylon, and Amari were free agents right now, they would get max offers from multiple teams. Can you really say the same about Dak? Absolutely not!!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You could do that, sure. Or visit an old favorite and be unhappy about the Demarcus Lawrence impasse for old times sake for a little bit. Maybe start a thread about how we need to trade him or something.
Thanks for the idea.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You wish it was only "Pappy" but our fans are not all Dak-Blind and put the team above any 1 player.
Open your Dak-eyes and look around my man there is doubt everywhere as money talks and @@ walks....you get the idea then again with you Dak-Zoids who knows?
Let me say it again.....TEAM 1st.......
LMAO, I am not a Dak-Zoid and they're actually called Daksters.

I am always TEAM 1st but ya gotta have a QB to play the game. And like many here, you don't have a feasible option at QB, just not this one.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
What exactly has Dak done? The 2 division titles were won on the back of Zeke and one of the best Olines in football(when healthy). Plus a vastly improving defense over the last 3 years. Too many players with contracts coming up in the next couple years that “deserve” top dollar, will be deprived if he gets paid. If Zeke, Jaylon, and Amari were free agents right now, they would get max offers from multiple teams. Can you really say the same about Dak? Absolutely not!!

Take Dak off this team and you will realize his value. Or, just watch some 2015 highlights.

I'm not saying Dak is the greatest, or even a top ten passer in the league today, but he provides the Cowboys stability and peace of mind at the hardest position to play- and the hardest position to fill- in all of professional sports.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
All these guys are getting paid waaaaay too much money for playing a GAME. I’m to the point where they can all go pound sand.

The NFL made $8 billion in 2018. Would you prefer the owners just put it all in their pockets?

The League has the money - thanks to fans who will pay whatever they ask and watch games despite complaining - so I'm fine with players getting their cut. The players are why most of us watch, not the owners.

LittleD

Reaction score
The NFL made $8 billion in 2018. Would you prefer the owners just put it all in their pockets?

The League has the money - thanks to fans who will pay whatever they ask and watch games despite complaining - so I'm fine with players getting their cut. The players are why most of us watch, not the owners.

Yes, the owners invested their money and assets in buying the teams and deserve to make all the money they can. Just as you would if you invested your savings in a business. Players are employees on employee contracts...not owners.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

If there was no Cap 30 million for lemon Dak would be chump change for Jerry hence no biggie. Now back to reality as Dak will either take a team friendly deal or Ciao Amigo....