Video: Negotiations looking touch and go

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed, and your teammates knowing what your getting paid. I hear a lot of then saying they don't care how much another player is making, but I bet there are some that do care, especially if they feel he is not earning it. And yet he is telling his team mates to get all you can, cause that's what he is gonna do. Don't worry guys the cap will go up next year.
Almost every ex player says that's a crock, they just say that for the media. It's all about the money, that's all it is about.

glimmerman

Reaction score
It's wacky. I was hesitant at 25M and then hoping they could get him for 30M and the guy is a mid level QB and most likely to be that all his career.

Here's the real wacky part. Most agree he's not elite and will need a team around him and we're hoping he could only bring down 16% of the cap? Any team that knows that have a "build the team around him" QB and makes him one of the highest paid QB's deserves everything they get.

And maybe that's what's going on? Maybe the brain trust is getting cold feet? If I were the GM, before I'd do this deal, I'd tell them to put every bad pass he's thrown on video and I'd watch that and convince myself that is correctible before I'd do that deal. And my HC, OC and QBC would be sitting right beside me with the understanding their jobs ride with this guy. Let's see how onboard they really are.
This deal should have been done before the wentz deal got done, he got 32 and Wilson got 34. I do not agree with him getting paid the same amount as a 2 time appearing QB that has a ring, would have had 2 if he simply handed the ball off to lynch. The market price is only goin up. And with a healthy team around him then he is only going to look better.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cap Cap CAP!!!!! Everyone is forgetting the most important part of this deal which is probably one of the biggest decisions Jerry has to make since he became the GM.
Is Dak worth losing Jaylon,Byron,Zeke etc etc.....Can Dak make up for there losses with his play....I say NO and it's starting to look like our version of RG3 where not injury did him in but the CAP $$$$$.....
Honestly the tide is turning with the fan base as Dak is demanding monies he simply hasn't shown on the field he deserves!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There all greedy..
That's OK by me, this country is based on greed. We call the owners greedy but are they different from any American businessmen?

All professional athletes have that greed thing going as well because they all have greedy agents. And most are ****** with their face or voice for endorsements. It is nothing more than the reflection of a country defined by greed.

glimmerman

Reaction score
That's OK by me, this country is based on greed. We call the owners greedy but are they different from any American businessmen?

All professional athletes have that greed thing going as well because they all have greedy agents. And most are ****** with their face or voice for endorsements. It is nothing more than the reflection of a country defined by greed.
Tell me how you really feel. Maybe you should make us a cocktail...

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
dak is going to be paid the jones have already said whatever the media says they are going to PAY HIM and its going to be a lot of MONEY

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Cap Cap CAP!!!!! Everyone is forgetting the most important part of this deal which is probably one of the biggest decisions Jerry has to make since he became the GM.
Is Dak worth losing Jaylon,Byron,Zeke etc etc.....Can Dak make up for there losses with his play....I say NO and it's starting to look like our version of RG3 where not injury did him in but the CAP $$$$$.....
Honestly the tide is turning with the fan base as Dak is demanding monies he simply hasn't shown on the field he deserves!
Dallas isn’t losing Zeke, Jaylon, Byron and others because Dak signs for $32M instead of $25M, lol. Cut Crawford and there’s more than that $7M difference right there. That difference isn’t the difference between having a contending team or not. Would this team look that different without Crawford? He’ll no. There are plenty of fans wanting to get rid of him anyway. And all of that is with this year’s cap. It’ll be easier when the cap goes up like it always does.

It will change very little.

Remember when people were freaking out about the Vikes paying Cousins $27M? That looks like a bargain just 2 years later.

It is fear mongering at its best because Dak is right. They all can get paid.

And no, the tide isn’t turning with the fan base, lol.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Which fan base, Pappy? A lot here are all about "pay the man".

They're not going to lose those players because of Dak but they will have to let some walk or trade them if they add the cumulative effect of Cooper, Elliott to the OL and Lawrence along with Dak.

But the real question that remains is that if they do not keep Dak, who do they get? Do they try and trade up in the 1st, lose some picks and take a chance on a miss? This is a team that tried to trade up for Lynch and was going to take Cook before settling on Prescott.

The Cowboys came out and said they're all in on Prescott so the fanbase has that message. He has a 66% winning % and 2 of the last 3 division titles.

The team is caught between he's not good enough to be paid as the best but he's too good to let walk. They do not have good history at that position and when you look at the misfires just in the 1st round alone, has Prescott not successfully made himself a necessity? It would be easier if he could be worse. He's just good enough to make them second guess themselves if they can do as well in the draft.

glimmerman

Reaction score
you may not but they will they have no choice but to pay him or they will have to start all over again with out a qb in the nfl u have no chance to win
His agent is hanging his hat on it, its almost extorsion.. LOL, but to ask for money that a SB winning QB gets is unreasonable. Assuming they will meet some where in the middle..

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
you may not but they will they have no choice but to pay him or they will have to start all over again with out a qb in the nfl u have no chance to win
That's what "market rate" is all about. We have to forget the player, it's the position.

And should one that has a 66% win % and won 2 of 3 division titles not try to get top dollar? There are other QB's making close to that without those stats.

At some point, it's not about how does the QB play but how does the team play with this QB? This QB took the job away from the former QB1 because of how the team played with him. That's not the first time he's done that, this is the third.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’ll sign by August. Fans will be unhappy about it. Then they’ll move on to Amari.
What if I want to get unhappy, prematurely, about Amari and beat the rush? And I want it on record, I was among the first to be unhappy about Elliott.

So much to be unhappy about and so little time. Before you know it, we'll have a season to be unhappy about.