Twitter: Negotiations with Zeke have intensified **merged**

stuckindc

Reaction score
Nah first off Gallup is stepping up, some young WRs are stepping up and we can draft one HIGH if we cant sign Amari..

heres the great thing they all # are here this tear lets focus on the now and worry about 2020-2025 when that time comes...

Exactly...and don't forget they've been drafting Oline ..Tyron Smith ( as Much as I hate to say it ) is gonna get let go in a couple years...His salary vs his back is gonna end sooner than most would like.. His salary is huge..Don't think the cowboys haven't been preparing for this with the Conner from Texas and the big kid from Penn. State. Plus Will Mclay knows what he's doing in the draft...Which is evident in that we have so many great draft picks ( Amari excluded) that we need to sign...so yes we may have to let go of some but our drafts have made us young, talented and deep...It's not like Mclay is gonna stop drafting great players. JJ & SJ aren't going to let history repeat itself like it did when they signed Troy, Emmit & Mike and didn't have anything leftover....Now that the cap is in a place with surplus monies, they will continue to be smart and have flexibility without creating dead space down the road..unless a scenario presents itself where they need to create space ...Once Zeke signs, it's time to roll...

Air Force One

Reaction score
If he's there week 1, do you think he still gets some boos?
Maybe, right up until he knocks out a 20+ yard scamper.

On the other hand, if he has a subpar season he'll be judged harshly.

At the end of the day Cowboy fans are starving for real success and winning cures all.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score

Can’t wait to see the deal. It’s the guarantees that worry me. They need a way to void out of this contract if Zeke gets into off-the-field trouble again.

stuckindc

Reaction score
Nah first off Gallup is stepping up, some young WRs are stepping up and we can draft one HIGH if we cant sign Amari..

heres the great thing they all # are here this tear lets focus on the now and worry about 2020-2025 when that time comes...

Exactly...and don't forget they've been drafting Oline ..Tyron Smith ( as Much as I hate to say it ) is gonna get let go in a couple years...His salary vs his back is gonna end sooner than most would like.. His salary is huge..Don't think the cowboys haven't been preparing for this with the Conner from Texas and the big kid from Penn. State. Plus Will Mclay knows what he's doing in the draft...Which is evident in that we have so many great draft picks ( Amari excluded) that we need to sign...so yes we may have to let go of some but our drafts have made us young, talented and deep...It's not like Mclay is gonna stop drafting great players. JJ & SJ aren't going to let history repeat itself like it did when they signed Troy, Emmit & Mike and didn't have anything leftover....Now that the cap is in a place with surplus monies, they will continue to be smart and have flexibility without creating dead space down the road..unless a scenario presents itself where they need to create space ...Once Zeke signs, it's time to roll...
I bet the giants aren’t happy.
or the Skins..They've been quietly hoping Zeke will hold out and miss the first couple games..Both teams/ fans think the Cowboys would let zeke sit because they think neither of the first two opponents are that good and can win without Zeke...Miami as well

glimmerman

Reaction score
Message to Cooper and Dak. You should have hold out to.
Won’t work for Cooper. If Gallup continues to improve this year and other WR like Wilson develops this year then JJ will raise the contract maybe one more time and if he don’t take it then it’s on to the next team for him.

glimmerman

Reaction score

Can’t wait to see the deal. It’s the guarantees that worry me. They need a way to void out of this contract if Zeke gets into off-the-field trouble again.

I do think it’s a standard clause that if he gets suspended that the guaranteed money is void.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I still don’t understand why so many fans are stressing about the contracts so much.

The key to maintaining a competitive team, is and will remain good drafting.

If the cowboys keep drafting well, they will remain competitive. Good drafting will keep a consistent flow of cheap and young talent to offset the highly paid veterans.

If the cowboys don’t draft well. They aren’t going to be good irregardless of whether they extend Zeke or Dak or Amari.

R-E-L-A-X

blueblood70

Reaction score

or the Skins..They've been quietly hoping Zeke will hold out and miss the first couple games..Both teams/ fans think the Cowboys would let zeke sit because they think neither of the first two opponents are that good and can win without Zeke...Miami as well
Ill let the coaches and GM worry about the cap..Im ready to stomp the giants and have good year and Zekes a BIG part of that..

glimmerman

Reaction score

Lol. I meant that they won’t want to see us pay Elliot a huge contract because they have to pay barkley in a few years.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I still don’t understand why so many fans are stressing about the contracts so much.

If the cowboys keep drafting well, they will remain competitive. Good drafting will keep a consistent flow of cheap and young talent to offset the highly paid veterans.

If the cowboys don’t draft well. They aren’t going to be good irregardless of whether they extend Zeke or Dak or Amari.

R-E-L-A-X
:hammer: true...:thumbup:

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Won’t work for Cooper. If Gallup continues to improve this year and other WR like Wilson develops this year then JJ will raise the contract maybe one more time and if he don’t take it then it’s on to the next team for him.
Yea, I can see that happening. Do you think he will take the contract and sign it?

stuckindc

Reaction score
Lol. I meant that they won’t want to see us pay Elliot a huge contract because they have to pay barkley in a few years.
Ahhhh...so all that typing for nothing....I think I'm a little psyched about Zeke and our team be complete for the season opener

glimmerman

Reaction score
Ill let the coaches and GM worry about the cap..Im ready to stomp the giants and have good year and Zekes a BIG part of that..
I don’t think he is going to be in football shape missing the padded practice of TC. But he will be more effective than Pollard. He has to get in rhythm but will get some of that down this week in practice. If he fumbles the ball after getting paid fans are going to blame him and his agent. Heck of he don’t get 100+ yards and score a td he will get crap. Lol. I see him getting 10-15 touches and a few passes.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

R-E-L-A-X
Dude, so many stress about every little darn thing around here I think this place is populated by a bunch of neurotics with OCD.
I would hate to visit there homes... "DON'T SIT THERE!!! THERE EITHER!!! Okay... you can sit there. We're good now."