Twitter: Negotiations with Zeke have intensified **merged**

JeffAtl

Reaction score
The CBA has to do something about RB position for rookie deals. Wonder if barkley will do this now.

I bet they will, but if they do, their value will plummet even further. Why draft a position in the first round if you have to pay them huge signing bonuses and incur tremendous opportunity cost, but then not be able to leverage a rookie deal.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
Thank god. Can finally move on from this drama saga.

First order of business for Zeke after he signs on that dotted line should be to buy something nice and shiny for each one of his O-Lineman that has opened up those huge holes for him the past 2 seasons and allowed to get this new contract. But we know he won’t.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
A dangerous situation seems like it is about to put into motion:
  1. Overpay Zeke
  2. Overpay Dak
  3. Not have enough cap room to keep Amari
  4. 2020 to 2025 is a repeat of the first half of 2018

A lot goes into it. If Dak gets paid a lot that probably means he improved this year and is a better player. Gallup may develop, we keep drafting well and other guys will step up

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Thank god. Can finally move on from this drama saga.

First order of business for Zeke after he signs on that dotted line should be to buy something nice and shiny for each one of his O-Lineman that has opened up those huge holes for him the past 2 seasons and allowed to get this new contract. But we know he won’t.

He's already gotten them gifts, golf carts or something like that. And Zeke is great because he turns 2 yard losses into 4 yard gains. The holes aren't always there with this Oline

JayFord

Reaction score
Great point - as good as Barkley is, they are probably going to end up regretting that pick long term.

With the way they’re team is set up at the moment if saquon holdouts they have no choice but to pay him they may have to pay him 40 percent more than gurley money

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
its happening cheer for player who can help you win..arguably the best player on the team..at least his durability is NOT in question as DJ, Gurley, and others..Miller now.. I worry more about Dak and Amari not taking their offers,.. they were offered so much more then they are actually worth and doubt they EVERR will outplay the money as Zeke has and can.. I would have had bigger issue with this 2years from now but he just turned 25 he has 3-4 strong years left and I will enjoy it..

weve beat this to death... lets gear uo for actually watching real games and cheerig for SUCCESS of our team..

enjoying all the college games today in between chores and work.. yes!!! its back...
These are the halcyon days...

erod

Reaction score
Yes and very loudly and if he gets less than 50 yards ohhhhh boooyyyy

I haven’t been the happiest with this holdout but I’d be a fool not to cheer him
No, he won't. This fan base will build a statue in his honor..

ICP

Reaction score
Or what? You going to quit following the team? Send Jerry a scathing letter? Stop following Zeke on Twitter?

Whatever happens happens.
I had a genuine LOL when I read this part. Why would anyone follow that clowns Twitter feed?

Qcard

Reaction score
Well I always figured it would happen.

Zeke in no way acted like a guy willing to miss games.
Missing a game @ $230k per... Zeke has no leverage till we lose games. It appears Elliott is not taking that chance

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
As long as both sides sign on the dotted line, nobody gets played.

With both parties agreeing to it, it's definitely a mutual agreement.

More often than not, contracts are agreed upon at the last minute.

Last edited:

B5Erik

Reaction score
Nah first off Gallup is stepping up, some young WRs are stepping up and we can draft one HIGH if we cant sign Amari..

heres the great thing they all # are here this tear lets focus on the now and worry about 2020-2025 when that time comes...
Focusing on the now led to two and a half decades of no Super Bowls for the Cowboys.

What do the Patriots do with running backs? Do they pay them top money? Ever?

How many teams with Top 3 or 4 paid running backs have won the Super Bowl in the salary cap era?

Running back is a position that Super Bowl winners do NOT overspend on. It is a position where there is a ton of talent available at bargain prices. Zeke is great, but he's got serious off field issues and paying him will mean less money for linebackers and linemen - and you can't win a Super Bowl without good linebackers and linemen.

Look at that tweet above, see what the top paid running backs are doing. The return on investment is a (bad) joke.