Twitter: Negotiations with Zeke have intensified **merged**

glimmerman

Reaction score
BLAH BLAH BLAH.... we know how you feel and sorry you are wrong..

just be fan dont worry about precedents not many PLAYERS are at Zekes level and in Zekes situation and they know it..

this was unique but somehow you and handful of others fail to see that reality's.. you find player worth it and its not precedent, they are in rare air that CAN do this and there are VERY few..

Tank held Jerry up with threat of not having surgery until he got contract and is just now returning to practice after getting 21mil..idc about contracts and remaining 2 years this and blah blah blah..it was very unique situation..

enjoy having one of your best players back on the field and will help us win, stop worrying about things that arent about football played on the field..
I just don’t want to see LVE have a unreal 3 seasons on his rookie deal and hold out like Elliot because it’s a unique situation again.

blueblood70

Reaction score
"I never said...." "I actually like Zeke...." Time to move on to another target. Dak, Cooper, Garrett, anyone???
Daks been o target since we found out he bumped his head and thought 30mil wasn't in the ballpark and said no team deals, same with Amari..i cant wait..Jaylons on the clock he has to prove that wasn't mistake hes done squat to earn qwhat was essectially handed to him in hopes he woill continue to get better,, Zeke earned his, period..

aria

Reaction score
umm JaylonS has done less and DITTO..

as it with most players especially in true contract years.. I highly doubt Amari will earn 18 mil and Dak can earn 34 mil if that what they are hoping for because we have seen them play, Im more confident Zeke WILL because he has been a top 2 back in this league and hasn't slowed down, if anything last year best year when you add his catches etc..hes also Durable and just turned 25.. im confident he earns it..
May be the first like I’ve ever given you :) I hope you’re right, my confidence isn’t nearly as high.

JeffAtl

Reaction score
Not enough Cap to go around one of the two will have to wait......or both.....Coop has no pressure here....

A dangerous situation seems like it is about to put into motion:
  1. Overpay Zeke
  2. Overpay Dak
  3. Not have enough cap room to keep Amari
  4. 2020 to 2025 is a repeat of the first half of 2018

blueblood70

Reaction score
I just don’t want to see LVE have a unreal 3 seasons on his rookie deal and hold out like Elliot because it’s a unique situation again.
not unique remember Elite RBs are the ones having the issue, man we forget the narrative of any RB behind our line, dime dozen, easily replaceable, RBBC just as good or better blah blah horse hockey.. its why ELITE RBS are in the unique situations and CAN do this.. if LVE plays well he gets paid without the hesitation like JS just did, a RB has to fight for it ..

did we forget its why Zeke held out because he risks any injurys the next year or two playing under his rookie d deal and 750 more carry's and 120 more catches, the team WILL use that as an excuse to NOT pay him MAX value.. He jumped on getting paid before that happens...completely understandable..

NeathBlue

Reaction score
its not Jerry..I think its Zeke caving and telling his agent, lets get this done. Just my opinion.

I hope you are right... and hopefully Zeke has learned to not listen to Faulk who’s obviously trying to poison him regarding the Cowboys.
If Zeke has seen what Faulk said regarding Jaylon Smith, then maybe the penny has dropped.

blueblood70

Reaction score
A dangerous situation seems like it is about to put into motion:
  1. Overpay Zeke
  2. Overpay Dak
  3. Not have enough cap room to keep Amari
  4. 2020 to 2025 is a repeat of the first half of 2018
Nah first off Gallup is stepping up, some young WRs are stepping up and we can draft one HIGH if we cant sign Amari..

heres the great thing they all # are here this tear lets focus on the now and worry about 2020-2025 when that time comes...

glimmerman

Reaction score
not unique remember Elite RBs are the ones having the issue, man we forget the narrative of any RB behind our line, dime dozen, easily replaceable, RBBC just as good or better blah blah horse hockey.. its why ELITE RBS are in the unique situations and CAN do this.. if LVE plays well he gets paid without the hesitation like JS just did, a RB has to fight for it ..

did we forget its why Zeke held out because he risks any injurys the next year or two playing under his rookie d deal and 750 more carry's and 120 more catches, the team WILL use that as an excuse to NOT pay him MAX value.. He jumped on getting paid before that happens...completely understandable..
The CBA has to do something about RB position for rookie deals. Wonder if barkley will do this now.