Twitter: Negotiations with Zeke have intensified **merged**

HungryLion

Reaction score
Because the players are grossly overpaid. Player salaries have gone up by a ridiculous amount over the last 25 years. Not one player who gets a second contract will ever have to work a day in his life post football - and neither will his kids.

Quit acting like these guys are some poor working class schlubs. They're rich men. Even if they get cut they're doing better than 99% of the population when it comes to money.

1. The owners are even richer men. So siding with either one over the other is stupid.

2. NFL players are not overpaid. They are getting paid relative to the amount of money that their ability to play football, allows the teams to earn. Their amazing football skills, generates billions of dollars in revenue because people like to watch them play the game and are willing to spend money on tickets, concessions, jerseys, memorabilia, and millions of people across the country dedicate their Sunday’s in the fall, to watching them play on TV.

Playing high level football has high monetary value. That’s capitalism. Saying they are overpaid is nonsense.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
Personally, with our O line I would have looked to trade Zeke and roll with Pollard/McCoy or Ajayi. Save the money, draft a RB next year and focus on building up our defense by signing Jones, save money for LVE and maybe dabble in FA with the money we save on Zeke.

Even when we had Zeke our offense was mediocre, our defense is much closer to being elite than the offense and elite defenses win more championships than an elite RB. We’ve seen defenses shut Zeke and the offense down on more than one occasion. After Lawrence had surgery and with the emergence of LVE, Jaylon, Jones, Collins and hopefully Quinn...I think this defense can be really good and if we can add just a few more pieces it could be elite if it’s not already.

This is the wise thing to do. Everyone on the planet who does the analytics of football say that signing a running back to a massive contract is the worst thing you can do to a football team.

There is always a sucker it there who would have traded the moon for him- I didn’t believe it and then I saw what the Texans did.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I said jerry would cave, but after some comments, I thought it might not be for a few more weeks, but just have to wait and see.
The media will report any little thing and even some lies, on this story.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Even if Zeke signs this weekend, I think the Cowboys use a roster exemption for him while he proves he’s ready to play and gets a refresher on the latest nuances of Moore’s offense. No way, IMO, that Zeke plays vs the Giants. It’s not about just being in shape.

:laugh:

Zeke could sign the day before and he would still play.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
This is the wise thing to do. Everyone on the planet who does the analytics of football say that signing a running back to a massive contract is the worst thing you can do to a football team.

There is always a sucker it there who would have traded the moon for him- I didn’t believe it and then I saw what the Texans did.
jerry and his boy dont have the kahunas to trade Elliot

aria

Reaction score
Teams dont honor their commitment, look no further than Allan Hurns. This is a cutthroat business, look no further than Aaron Donald and Mack last year, two of best in the game and they had to hold out to get paid. The only position that doesnt have to withhold services is qb
And what commitment to the Cowboys not honor? Hurns was given a 2.5 million signing bonus and 2.5 million base salary for 2018. He got his 5 million and the Cowboys cut him which is perfectly acceptable under the contract. I don’t recall anything in the contract stipulating that Cowboys had to keep him on the roster for a certain amount of time, do you? That’s why they get guaranteed money.

Maverick84

Reaction score
what a boring freakin saga... just get this brainless jit mama's boy manchild f***ing ewok signed so we can get back to talking about football again

morat1959

Reaction score
Since I don't believe Moore will be as conservative as Linehan I think he still has his chance to show what he can do. People may still say he can't win w/o Zeke but he can still go out and average 280+ yd/game and 30+ tds for the season.
Those #s are not attainable with Zeke on the field.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
And what commitment to the Cowboys not honor? Hurns was given a 2.5 million signing bonus and 2.5 million base salary for 2018. He got his 5 million and the Cowboys cut him which is perfectly acceptable under the contract. I don’t recall anything in the contract stipulating that Cowboys had to keep him on the roster for a certain amount of time, do you? That’s why they get guaranteed money.

So then Zeke can say that the stats he put up in his first three years (they are better than the first 3 years of Emmitt) is perfectly acceptable for the entire 4 year contract he signed as a rookie ........ I mean since time doesn't matter in these contracts and everything.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
what a boring freakin saga... just get this brainless jit mama's boy manchild f***ing ewok signed so we can get back to talking about football again

He will as soon as that drunk,teen molesting, con-man of a football brainlet GM and his idiot son start playing fair.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Don’t cave JJ. You’ve waited this long might as well wait more. Eric Dickerson said when he held out and the team started winning he quickly got on the phone. Cowboys need to win a few games and Zeke and his agent will give in.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
And the same cannot be said of these owners who are cryi9ng poverty?

Hell last year Jerry bought a boat that cost more than the entire rosters salary ...... and he is not even close to one of the richest owners in the league.

And the owners are the ones who make up the salary cap number ....... they can make it whatever they want it to be.
I think they are determined by the tv money each team gets, if tv money goes up, so does the cap.

glimmerman

Reaction score
And it was paid. I was hoping after the bad injury that he could recover and make the team. But also Hurns has made 23 million dollars in his career so far. And he got signed by the fins for 2.5 million on a 1 year deal. Looks like he made the cut. Got 1/2 million guaranteed. So he will go ahead and collect his money. I wish him luck except when we play them. Nobody is starving.

Vanilla2

Reaction score

Not really much to talk about right now until next weekend or you could just not click on the thread

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I think they are determined by the tv money each team gets, if tv money goes up, so does the cap.

But that is a "rule" that the owners themselves made up.

Why cant people understand that the NFL is completely controlled by the owners ........ they can do whatever they want with impunity.

They can punish players with no proof ........ and they can decide to ban players without making it official.

They can literally do whatever they want ....

aria

Reaction score
So then Zeke can say that the stats he put up in his first three years (they are better than the first 3 years of Emmitt) is perfectly acceptable for the entire 4 year contract he signed as a rookie ........ I mean since time doesn't matter in these contracts and everything.
What? Before you try to explain your logic to me, you keep mentioning teams not honoring contracts. Explain to me how the Cowboys didn’t honor Hurns contract like you accused them of.

JReed1000

Reaction score
Makes sense...Zeke was willing to take it this far as he never plays in the preseason anyway. He wanted to see was Jerry going to flinch and cough up more cash. Believe me 2nd highest paid running back with a higher guaranteed cash total was all he wanted.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
What? Before you try to explain your logic to me, you keep mentioning teams not honoring contracts. Explain to me how the Cowboys didn’t honor Hurns contract like you accused them of.

I never mentioned Hurns ....... I said Dez and Ware.

Hurns was never any good to begin with ........

They did not Honor Dez and Ware's contacts ........ they used clauses to get out of both contracts that the owners put in for themselves and not for the players ...... thats why the NFL is the only place where contracts are one sided.

and they get dumb fans to defend them and vilify the players.